Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The McFuck Approach

Comments

• Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,526 moneytalker
    =))
    Pass the god damn butter.
  • GnomezGnomez Posts: 17,550 master of ceremonies
    Wizard said:
    Jobe said:
    She cant get thirsty if you're there holding a Dixie cup every time she gets parched.
    Reading this comment made me mentally picture jobe looking like this

Just wanna push him off.

Glad you don't wanna pull him off
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,526 moneytalker
    For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction. That means I'm getting a push n pull from somebody.
    Pass the god damn butter.
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,706 spicy boy
    I've come to a sudden realization today... Just this simple fact that I am depressed is causing me to hate myself more. Like some sort of sick chain reaction. 

Logically thinking, my life could be a lot worse. I came from a great supportive family, have a small group of really good friends, and have the opportunity to go to college in Nashville. I have a lot I should be happy about, and yet its only the negative head-talk that makes it through throughout the entirety of the day. 

I hope seeing this counselor helps. 
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • EpisodeEpisode Posts: 32,049 destroyer of motherfuckers
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I've come to a sudden realization today... Just this simple fact that I am depressed is causing me to hate myself more. Like some sort of sick chain reaction. 

Logically thinking, my life could be a lot worse. I came from a great supportive family, have a small group of really good friends, and have the opportunity to go to college in Nashville. I have a lot I should be happy about, and yet its only the negative head-talk that makes it through throughout the entirety of the day. 

I hope seeing this counselor helps. 
    Im not an expert in psychology but I truly believe that you are basing your happiness on your relationship status with your friend. It seems to me that the lack of having her be your gf is causing you to think negative things about yourself and fueling your depression. I personally think you'd start getting a lot healthier if you cut off contact with her and started mentally demeaning her by focusing on negative aspects of her personality (or make them up if they arent there). I know you don't want to do this, but I personally think it is the only way you will get healthy. And I think you will continue down your current path of depression until this issue is resolved.

It's like you said... You have a lot to be grateful for. Great friends, Great family, college opportunities, and even hobbies to keep you busy. All these things are great and will help you get better, but you're going to need to cut off that toxic relationship. Not toxic because she is doing anything wrong, but because it is hurting your mental state to let it continue as it is.

If the councilor is worth anything, they will probably tell you the same thing. They also might take alternative two which is get you on prozac  or other alternative drugs. Then those drugs will artificially make you feel better about your situation without having to actually fix the source. I think this is a mistake, and it's going to have long lasting effects on your life because you will never learn to deal with your issues. However it's a very common solution in todays over-medicate world.

You don't need to respond to this message. I know We've gone back and forth on this same topic may times and I've provided nothing different here. I know your position and frankly dont care that you disagree with mine. I only typed this up once again in hopes that you give it more thought.
    edited January 2015
    JamesBong said:
    yeah, don't take any antidepressants

if thats what they suggest just start smoking pot. Its much more effective.

plus dude shit food tastes so much better when B-) 
     I think taking the antidepressants is better than taking a shotgun in his mouth. So if he isn't going to actually fix the source of his depression (cutting off contact with this girl), might as well take some pills which will make him feel happier about the situation he wont fix.
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy
  • Number1RamsFanNumber1RamsFan Posts: 9,355 destroyer of motherfuckers
    JamesBong said:

I think taking the antidepressants is better than taking a shotgun in his mouth. So if he isn't going to actually fix the source of his depression (cutting off contact with this girl), might as well take some pills who will make him feel happier about the situation he wont fix.
    Nah pills always come with side effects. The only side effects for pot is music sounds better, food tastes better, TV gets funnier, etc.
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,594 spicy boy
    JamesBong said:

I think taking the antidepressants is better than taking a shotgun in his mouth. So if he isn't going to actually fix the source of his depression (cutting off contact with this girl), might as well take some pills who will make him feel happier about the situation he wont fix.
    No way man. Antidepressants can be a good thing, but only in certain cases where they know exactly what you should be taking based off your brain chemistry. Which basically no psychologists find out before dumping what ever prescription drug they are currently being paid to promote on their patients.   
    I won't take anti-depressants. 
    edited January 2015
    Nah pills always come with side effects. The only side effects for pot is music sounds better, food tastes better, TV gets funnier, etc.
    Im not advocating pills over pot. Just saying that's probably what his councilor will drop on him since he wont take the necessary steps to fix actual problem.  Since he isnt in WA or CO, I doubt the adviser would recomend he take an illegal substance
    edited January 2015
    What are your thoughts on the shotgun in mouth solution? Is that also something you wont do? Cause I think pills approach is better than shotgun approach.
    Where are your thoughts on the shotgun in mouth solution? Is that also something you wont do? Cause I think pills approach is better than shotgun approach.
    seppuku > shotgun to the head
    If doing Seppuku can I please recommend you do Seppuku with Frisbee instead? It's much more impressive and honorable.
    The definition of seppuku is "stomach cutting". You cant commit seppuky by swallowing something.