Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Will you be checking out the new Metallica album?

Comments

• Me_Me_ Posts: 13,701 salt miner
    FUCK YEAH! Gonna be an 11/10 just like Death Magnetic
    Eat a dick Rex 
  • Me_Me_ Posts: 13,701 salt miner
    Can't believe you kept this going all day. What.  .are ya....bored ?
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    Lol Metallica
    mrAPE said:
    I will fully admit I legitimately like the song st anger and really don't mind frantic 
    It'll never be a go-to album for Metallica. I'm fairly comfortable pretending in my head they broke up after Justice. I don't think St Anger was the embarrassment the Load albums were. At least they realized they had lost something at that point and tried to get it back. Personally, I feel like they're just too rich now to muster up enough piss and vinegar to make another great album anymore. They have almost no incentive. To a certain extent, having a name like Metallica has kinda hamstrung them. I thoroughly feel like they prolly would've moved on to something else if they hadn't kinda tethered themselves to the genre. I'm starting to see now in my old age how it's more likely for younger, hungrier bands to continue the lords good work. In a way, Meshuggah and Opeth kinda carried on the torch for what Metallica had the potential to become. I knew when I saw Lars on MTV talking about how great those faggots Oasis were that Metallica were over. 
  • GnomezGnomez Posts: 17,550 master of ceremonies
    Yes-Death Magnetic was interesting enough for me to look into a new album and well shit its Metallica.
    I still wanna see them
    I don't think they've been to NZ for 7 years 
    It'll probably be the last time I get to see them on tour so I'll try to get to a few of their shows when they come down under this year or next year 
    I don't care that they aren't as grest as they used to be 
    Lol Metallica
    How many times you seen them before?
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy
    Kill yourself fuck you Gary 
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy
    Nah fuck scalpers 
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,721 mod
    If I saw them back in their prime I'd probably feel the same way. Still love em live now. Seeing them play Kill 'Em All front to back on a small-ass side stage at Orion is still one of my favorite concert experiences ever.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,592 spicy boy
    Yeah ill give ya that. I am jelly of that. Im sure it was killer. 
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I agree they still put on a good show. It's just more commercialized now and they arent nearly as good as they were in the late 80's early 90's. Im just not sure it's worth 200 bucks personally, especially when i've seen them in their prime.

Oh and I think I was confusing concerts. Pretty sure The Sword opened up for them on Death Magnetic, and LOG played before Metallica. Around that same timeframe I also saw LOG headline and had Gojira open for them.
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    Yes-Death Magnetic was interesting enough for me to look into a new album and well shit its Metallica.
    and as you all can see ticket scalping/reselling for profit because of demand is a trigger. 
    Word. Back when I thought that Tool would be headlining Day 1 of Boston Calling, I considered selling my wristband to someone for Day 2 and Day 3, but I was going to sell it for below face value for both days even if it sold out. Just wanted to make a little bit of $$ back.
    Can't believe you kept this going all day. What.  .are ya....bored ?
    What is it with old dudes on this forum and typing like 12 year olds?
  • DimeDime Posts: 10,239 destroyer of motherfuckers
    mrAPE said:
    I will fully admit I legitimately like the song st anger and really don't mind frantic 
     Agree. I like Some Kind Of Monster too. Album overall blows tho lol 
    I view St. Anger as a genuine piece of art representing where the band was at when they recorded it. Musically, it's pretty shitty. I will admit that I genuinely enjoy both Some Kind of Monster and The Unnamed Feeling.
  • DimeDime Posts: 10,239 destroyer of motherfuckers
    edited February 2017
    To me it was just them capitalizing on nu-metal without realizing it was just about on its way out. The entire album was a nu-metal cliche. Simpler riffs, more personal lyrics, no solos lol the only thing they couldn't grasp was song length. No one wants to hear a song that's just one riff for 8 fucking minutes, especially if it has a trash can drum set. I think that was the same year they did that tour with Bizkit and Korn and Kid Rock. They were trying to go heavier again with ST. Anger no doubt, but also trying to ride a wave. Problem was that by 2003-04 nu-metal  bands were already dying, breaking up or abandoning the genre, so it kind of fell flatter than if they had just tried to do thrash.  
    Lol Metallica
    Yeah, in terms of Metallica understanding the musical landscape peripheral to them, they've been remarkably tone deaf for a really long time now. Only touring Death Magnetic, when they had bands the caliber of Lamb of God and Mastodon as support, were they very successful in placing themselves correctly
    Lol Metallica
    You left out Lulu