Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The time has come. We have gained a few older members \m/ . But now we need to:

Comments

• DimeDime Posts: 10,239 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Nah. Just a guy who realized that "smoking 3 marijuanas" won't kill me like they told me in freshmen health class =)
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    im a fucking doctor.
    I love winning with women
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,705 spicy boy
    "non-addictive"... If I'm addicted to videogames, then i can get addicted to weed. 

Seriously though. Me not trying these things is the same as you guys not trying things I like. Do you think Nola thinks he's missing out on something because he refuses to try Dungeons and Dragons, LARPing, and cosplay? No. Whereas I see it as he's missing something fun and different from his life. I have no interest in getting high. Therefore I do not feel like I am missing something. 
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
    habit is as habit does.

weed is as addicting as cheeseburgers, sex, and yes, video games. it is entirely possible to put the controller down and stare outside, rest, or walk for a while. I do it all the time. I smoke every day, but once in a great while, I miss a day. it typically ends with me in bed, very tired, going "...huh. didnt get high today. word."

and Ill try most stuff that isnt blatantly risky. got dat fear of highs right good though.
    and I also play video games most days, but it doesnt even cross my mind twice that I should keep playing when my back hurts, Im hungry, or feel a headache coming on. its common sense dude. I think pretty low of people who get baked every day and give nothing back to society, the same as anyone else who sits around.
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,592 spicy boy
    edited October 2014
    learn2posture 
  • MenAreTrashMenAreTrash Posts: 27,667 spicy boy
    "non-addictive"... If I'm addicted to videogames, then i can get addicted to weed. 

Seriously though. Me not trying these things is the same as you guys not trying things I like. Do you think Nola thinks he's missing out on something because he refuses to try Dungeons and Dragons, LARPing, and cosplay? No. Whereas I see it as he's missing something fun and different from his life. I have no interest in getting high. Therefore I do not feel like I am missing something. 
    I've done all that except Cosplaying but I'm not against it. I just don't wanna put the money into a costume when I can put that money into music. 

I've done all that except Cosplaying but I'm not against it. I just don't wanna put the money into a costume when I can put that money into music. 
    That example was more to Nola.  But I feel that. I dont have a costume for stuff either because music eats all my money. 
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy
    I think larping is hysterical but for a lot of people with social issues, its a huge help. and I say if it helps, its awesome.
    I trimmed with these dudes once who told me they were larpers. Fuck was too funny =))
    idk, I don't see how going at it with fake swords and shit doesn't look fun to some people. I get how somebody might get a little turned off by people who fully immerse themselves in some fantasy bullshit like the stuff that's portrayed in that Role Models movie, but in my experience it wasn't like that it was just for fun
    I get how somebody might get a little turned off by people who fully immerse themselves in some fantasy bullshit like the stuff that's portrayed in that Role Models movie
    thats the only killer for me. Ive had nerf gun battles when I lived in the dorms, and it was fun as fuck. great to say 'fuck it' and have some good old fashion kidlike fun. but get way too serious about it, and Imma dip.
    Roleplaying \m/
    yea same but if people know it's just to have a good time, then I'm down. 
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    I don't give a fuck if he tries drugs. I think it's pretty narrow to abstain from all, but that's me. Now, relationships are a different matter altogether. Lack of progressive human contact is actually very damaging to a persons mental functioning. I'm rusty on psych cuz it's been a minute, but I studied abnormal psych in college. People start fucking baseball gloves and shoes and/or start pleasuring themselves in odd places. It's just as unhealthy as eating nothing but McDonalds all day. Most of the serial killers I had to profile were unleashing their demons from sexual frustration or self-loathing for their own inadequacies usually associated with unresolved sexual tension. They found ways to blame the object of their affections for their own awkwardness. A lot of these surface from being attracted to individuals they find morally incompatible, like children or same sex individuals or the promiscuous. It's a dangerous cycle to fall into. I don't think you're anywhere close to that yet because you seem to still have a somewhat reasonable social life. But you're also in college now. Once you make the transition to the "real world", you become more isolated and vulnerable. Plus, it's harder to develop social skills the older you get. With the examples you listed: I don't see you doing any of that shit. You've mentioned LARP, but never like "LARPing it up this weekend! Woo!" Maybe it's something you should do. Your lack of judgmental opinion about a great deal of what lost would consider "nerdy" shit actually opens doors for you. So does the fact that you're not all about looks. I've managed to hook up with a few nerds I met off the internet in my travels. To me, they would just be a cure for a boring Friday night, but for you they might be relationship material. Girls like that exist and they're harder to crack usually because so much of shallow society tells them there's something wrong with them. I guess what I'm trying to say is that you really don't need to lower your standards or expectations, you just need to make yourself more available to women. As much as people fucked with you about it, doing the Quiddich thing was prolly the healthiest thing you've done socially since I've been paying attention. I know you even mentioned coming across interested females doing it. Might wanna expand on stuff like that. In a way, I think almost everyone here is kinda cheering for you. 
    Yeah these dudes were super serious about it. 

Paintball doe> 

i consider larping Like civil war reenactment t  for nerds. 
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    If MC scores, that will mean a lot of you other fagz need to get to it :!!