Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Education thread

Comments

• JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,721 mod
    Bachlors
    Bachelor of Science in Aerospace Engineering. Took me about 16 months to find a job in my field after graduation, but I found a good one without having to leave Michigan, so I'd say the wait was worth it.

Are you investing in your 401k yet? Do IT! If you dont, it's the worst mistake you will make.
    Yup. lol
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    Associates
    Fuck 401 k, buy gold 
    401k can eventually fail .. Gold ain't goin fuckin nowhere
    im tellin y'all paper money gonna fail eventually be smart
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Master's (Graduate Degree)
    Fuck 401 k, buy gold 
    401k can eventually fail .. Gold ain't goin fuckin nowhere
    im tellin y'all paper money gonna fail eventually be smart
    Dude :| you are so fucking clueless on this subject.
    Associates
    I was half joking but still 401 k are not garaunteed by any means.. If our economy tanks your 401 k tanks.. If our economy tanks gold is now the only thing worth a shit.. Think about it
  • EpisodeEpisode Posts: 32,049 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Wait so Rex is a fucking dropout and has the nerve to constantly talk shit about homeschooling? 

=)) =)) =)) =)=)) =)) =)) =)=)) =)) =)) =)=)) =)) =)) =)=)) =)) =)) =)=)) =)) =)) =)=)) =)) =)) =)=)) =)) =)) =)=)) =)) =)) =)=)) =)) =)) =)=)) =)) =)) =)=)) =)) =)) =)=)) =)) =)) =)=)) =)) =)) =)=)) =)) =)) =)=)) =)) =)) =)=)) =)) =)) =)=)) =)) =)) =)=)) =)) =)) =)=)) =)) =)) =)=)) =)) =)) =)=)) =)) =)) =)=)) =)) =)) =)=)) =)) =)) =)=)) =)) =)) =)=)) =)) =)) =)=)) =)) =)) =)=)) =)) =)) =)=)) =)) =)) =)=)) =)) =)) =)=)) =)) =)) =)=)) =)) =)) =)=)) =)) =)) =)=)) =)) =)) =)=)) =)) =)) =)=)) =)) =)) =)=)) =)) =)) =)=)) =)) =)) =)=)) =)) =)) =)=)) =)) =)) =)=)) =)) =)) =)=)) =)) =)) =)=)) =)) =)) =)=)) =)) =)) =)=)) =)) =)) =)=)) =)) =)) =)=)) =)) =)) =)=)) =)) =)) =)=)) =)) =)) =)=)) =)) =)) =)
    Yeah you're right, it can go down a lot, that happened 4-5 years ago... Two years ago my account went up 30% :| This year I am up 10%. And when your company is matching your contributions dollar for dollar, it has to go down greater than 50% to lose money. Anyways, I've been contributing 10% of my income to my 401k ever since I graduated from college 15 years ago. I've never been concerned over it going down, because I had a 35-40 year investment plan. My account is currently worth 10x more money than Ive ever put into it. Even on average years, my 401k is earning me more money then I make in a year.

Im no investment expert, but when I graduated from college everyone told me "Invest in your 401k. That's your #1 to do action". Literally that was probably the best advice I received coming out of college. So I tell all new grads that now. You want to be a millionaire? fucking save. Save now, while you arent use to that money.
    Associates
    Believe me if I had the opportunity to have a 401 l would be using it lol
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    Some college but havent finnished yet
    should have graduated last may. didnt due to major changes.

graduating in december now, assuming I dont fail real estate, which is a bone dry bitch of a course.

no way Im getting my masters, fuck school. I did my time.
    I love winning with women
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,281 mod
    No more music for you, sir?

Wait so Rex is a fucking dropout and has the nerve to constantly talk shit about homeschooling? 
    You are a highschool drop out. :| You have no room to talk shit.
    No I'm not. I have my diploma. Finished all 4 years. Early in fact.
    Homeschooling =/= dropping out.

One is still continuing schooling, just in a different form, one is completely stopping any form of schooling.
    No I'm not. I have my diploma. Finished all 4 years. Early in fact.
    Im calling BS. You mean a GED? Most homeschooling programs are not accredited. Im calling BS because you never once mentioned this. :|
    No more music for you, sir?
    im in the interdisciplinary department, where you basically combine two minors to make your own major. Im doing music business (music theory/history + marketing/management). its a great path, but looking back on when I started in fall 2009, I regret not going straight into music production. although I did learn a lot from being in film and communications.
    No a legitimate diploma dumbass. And cause it wasn't necessary.

>Finish up homeschooling.
    >Better go announce it to MU.
    but no, the music school itself, for just declaring music as a major, was hard af to get into. you had to essentially compete with a ton of foreigner asians who were basically forced to play the day they left the womb.

(and for some reason had to go to arizona state... :| )
    but no, the music school itself, for just declaring music as a major, was hard af to get into. you had to essentially compete with a ton of foreigner asians who were basically forced to play the day they left the womb.

(and for some reason had to go to arizona state... :| )
    are you finishing up this year?
    graduating in december now, assuming I dont fail real estate, which is a bone dry bitch of a course.

No a legitimate diploma dumbass. And cause it wasn't necessary.

>Finish up homeschooling.
    >Better go announce it to MU.
    post that shit up. What did your mom say about you not wanting to go onto college? (Don't read this as a negative question. Im interested)
    No I'm tired of y'all thinking I gotta prove everything to you. Call me a liar if you wish I don't give a fuck. The proof is in the fact that I got a job. Even at Dunkin you have to prove you're either currently enrolled or have a diploma.