Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

RIP Todd

14567810»

Comments

• MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,705 spicy boy
    Seriously doe

it damages neurons which convey message from the brain to the body. Which is nerve damage not cell damage. And that's only in cases where you drink heavily for a long period of time. Quitting drinking for people who have caused that damage often leads to the neurons repairing themselves, but there isn't scientific evidence that proves booze kills brain cells, and weed most definitely does not. 
    Thats still brain damage though... 
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,592 spicy boy
    Seriously doe

it damages neurons which convey message from the brain to the body. Which is nerve damage not cell damage. And that's only in cases where you drink heavily for a long period of time. Quitting drinking for people who have caused that damage often leads to the neurons repairing themselves, but there isn't scientific evidence that proves booze kills brain cells, and weed most definitely does not. 
    Thats still brain damage though... 
    It's neurological damage, and it comes from persistent everyday drinking, which can be repaired. It doesn't make you "stupider" as the term "kills brain cells" would suggest. 
    "Long-term drinking can leave permanent damage, causing the brain to shrink and leading to ­deficiencies in the fibers that carry information between brain cells. Many alcoholics develop a condition called Wernicke-Korsakoff syndrome, which is caused by a deficiency of thiamine (a B vitamin). This deficiency occurs because alcohol interferes with the way the body absorbs B vitamins. People with Wernicke-Korsakoff syndrome experience mental confusion and lack of coordination, and they may also have memory and learning problems.

The body responds to the continual introduction of alcohol by coming to rely on it. This dependence causes long-term, debilitating changes in brain chemistry. The brain accommodates for the regular presence of alcohol by altering neurotransmitter production. But when the person stops or dramatically reduces his or her drinking, within 24 to 72 hours the brain goes into what is known as withdrawal as it tries to readjust its chemistry. Symptoms of withdrawal include disorientation, hallucinations, delirium tremens (DTs), nausea, sweating and seizures.

To learn more about how alcohol affects the brain, see How Alcohol Works."

http://science.howstuffworks.com/life/inside-the-mind/human-brain/alcoholism5.htm

I mean, yea its not the same as killing brain cells. But it does cause some damage. And not everybody stops drinking, and this does become a problem. 

Also:
    "The hypothalamus and pituitary coordinate automatic brain functions and hormone release. Alcohol depresses nerve centers in the hypothalamus that control sexual arousal and performance. Although sexual urge may increase, sexual performance decreases"

Thought y'all would like that part
    It gives me some closure as to why you're such a dumbass. 
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,592 spicy boy
    I didn't say that it didn't cause any damage. I was just correcting what most people are generally misinformed about the kind of damage it causes.
  • GnomezGnomez Posts: 17,550 master of ceremonies
    I thought this thread was all about Toodles 
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy
    good old fashion orgy
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    I don't even know why I have a snapchat. It hardly gets used
    You know why
    wtf this thread already has 11 pages? i had to go back to the op to figure out wtf this thread even was.
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,526 moneytalker
    You got banned and we fought the power.
    Pass the god damn butter.
    fought the nigger*