Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

SOAD

Comments

• DimeDime Posts: 10,239 destroyer of motherfuckers
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    I like this band, but Daron is a fag
    Toxicity was my first metal album ever.. Heard the song chop suey on the radio and listened to that station every day for like 3 months just to hear that one song..played the shit out of toxicity and my mom thought I was becoming like a devil child haha.. Downloaded all their songs off grokster lol I knew every song off steal this album prolly like a year or two before it came out.. After steal this album came out it was all down hill from there .. Finally got to see them two summers ago and they put on an amazing show and i was expecting them to suck..they killed it.. Still say the first self titled album is a top ten metal release ever.. Drops the mic 
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    permanent soad front page thread 

pushing little children

with their fully automatics!!!!!!!

THEY LIKE TO PUSH THE WEAK AROUND!!
    I love winning with women
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,526 moneytalker
    They're trying to build a prison
    For you and me to live in
    Pass the god damn butter.
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,705 spicy boy
    Meh.
    Rage > 
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
    http://youtu.be/quTWK5rufx8

> any gayden song ever 
    Although it seems there is enough shit going on that Rage could drop a new album every week, they just cant be bothered to do it.
    They sure were pissed during the Clinton years though. 
    Honestly system has more top tier songs than rage does but it's close
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    They should get back together and make more albums
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F46r-_jPPHY
  • Number1RamsFanNumber1RamsFan Posts: 9,355 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Every once in a while I'll bump Chic n Stu. That's the only SOAD song I keep on my iPod. Toxicity/Steal This Album were dope when I was in middle school but they just got worse. Mezmerize was painfully stupid.
    Meh.
    Honestly system has more top tier songs than rage does but it's close
    I like Rage a lot more, honestly. I still listen to them a lot. While they combine the whole rap and metal thing, they never came off as a nu metal band to me. More of a groove/funk metal with rapping. Their riffs and lyrics were always better. SoaD, while never having a really heavy rap influence, has always just been a run of the mill nu metal band to me. They're lyrics were just so stupid at times, you could tell they were tying to appeal to the "Hot Topic" crowd at the time. And in the realm of nu metal, I honestly prefer Disturbed and Slipknot to SoaD. 
     I honestly prefer Disturbed and Slipknot to SoaD. 
    :)) =)) KY
    Meh.
     I honestly prefer Disturbed and Slipknot to SoaD. 
    :)) =)) KY
    At least they don't try to hide their "teen-angst" behind pseudo-political nonesense. Slipknot and Disturbed were just good teen-angsty bands back when I was in Jr. High. Obviously I barely listen to them now, and could give a shit about what they do now. But riff for riff, SoaD's music is the exact same simplistic, drop tuned stuff that bands like Korn, Slipknot, and Disturbed were pumping out at the time. 
    My main issue with Disturbed is Drainman's inability to sing. Last page were were talking about how Daron is a fag who can't sing, but honestly Disturbed would be 10x better if they replaced Drainman with Daron.
    Meh.
    Neither can sing lol. I hate Daron's voice so much. Scars on Broadway was attrocious. 
    Neither can sing lol. I hate Daron's voice so much. Scars on Broadway was attrocious. 
    can't argue that, but if I was picking one I'd pick Daron. At least I can stand his voice when he harmonizes with Serj
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    Meh.
    There's nothing redeeming about Disturd IMO. At least Shitknot has a couple of songs that don't burn my ears. Disturd are Linkin Park-level
    SATAN said:
    There's nothing redeeming about Disturd IMO. At least Shitknot has a couple of songs that don't burn my ears. Disturd are Linkin Park-level
    I'd actually rank Disturd below linkin park. At least Linkin Park does NuMetal teen Angst well, if that is the sort of thing you are looking for. What does Disturd do well other than sucking?
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    Disturbed aren't LP level because of this simple reason. Everything Disturbed as done and will do sounds exactly the same. There's only two songs I like of theirs, The Game and Land of Confusion. I hope they're on a hiatus that lasts forever because I never want to see them live again
    imageimage