Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

SOAD

WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
edited September 2014 in Debate & Discourse
What are your thoughts of this band in album only? Obviously they put on a gay show...

SOAD 16 votes

They should get back together and make more albums
37%
HOODSAdamThat_Guy_ArloNecrothulhuWakeOfAshesTyrant 6 votes
I like this band, but Daron is a fag
18%
OPPNolaFree810FIRENATHANIELHACKETT 3 votes
I like this band, but Serj is a fag
6%
UPfreebird 1 vote
Meh.
37%
MetalCoresadesMenAreTrashFLATmonicaaSATANDime 6 votes
I hope this band kills themselves.
0%
Not only should they Kill themselves, but if they ever try and join MU.... Ban pls.
0%

Comments

• OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    I LOVE soad but I wouldnt be bummed if they didnt make another album. I just want to see them again, touring what theyve already got, because most of it is fucking awesome.

too bad daron cant straighten up his act
    I love winning with women
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I was going to go with Daron being a fag because he is, but I'd like them to make more albums together. Because every single album they did together, is better then every single album they did solo. And what the fuck is up with Serj's latest shit? :| shit is bad. real bad.
    and nobody can force a member to make an album. I love shavos ambition in recent months/years, but you cant force serj to want to do something right now because youre ready. although Id back serj up much more if they did a lot more touring since the return.
    and nobody can force a member to make an album. I love shavos ambition in recent months/years, but you cant force serj to want to do something right now because youre ready. although Id back serj up much more if they did a lot more touring since the return.

True... but someone needs to talk Serj down from his ledge because his solo shit just keeps getting shittier and shittier. Like his first elect the dead album was alright- I wasn't hating. And then Imperfect Harmonies happened and I was like "jesus... if this was anyone else I wouldnt be listening to this" and then Harakiri happened and I was like

True... but someone needs to talk Serj down from his ledge because his solo shit just keeps getting shittier and shittier.
    thats the problem with solo work... if beauty is in the eyes of the beholder when youre 1/4 of a band, its way hard to make them realize the stuff they did basically entirely on their own is crap. hopefully he will just lose the momentum lol.
    Over the weekend I listened to all 5 albums straight (but not in release order... I think it was alphabetic order by album names). Anyways, it was great. They really have great anti-government music that is still relevant for our political age.
  • MenAreTrashMenAreTrash Posts: 27,667 spicy boy
    Meh.
    I tried listening to Toxicity like a year ago and was like damn this actually kinda sucks. they were fun in my youth. I regret going to their show in 2011. Crowd was stupid, Daron sounded like shit and they didn't play anything off of Steal This Album. I didn't like either of their 2005 releases so when they mostly play that it's lame.
    I tried listening to Toxicity like a year ago and was like damn this actually kinda sucks. they were fun in my youth. I regret going to their show in 2011. Crowd was stupid, Daron sounded like shit and they didn't play anything off of Steal This Album. I didn't like either of their 2005 releases so when they mostly play that it's lame.

I'll bet I can guess why you hate the 05 albums... It's probably because Daron wanted more of a lead vocalist role because he was tired of Serj getting all the credit for the songs he wrote. But what Daron didn't understand, is the only reason why they ever got big in the first place is because of the tone of Serj's voice... Daron's voice is nothing special.

And fuck yeah... Im of the opinion that Steal This Album is their best work. \m/
    Meh.
    yeah Daron can eat a dick dude has an awful voice and the songs just got stupid at that point
    I tried listening to Toxicity like a year ago and was like damn this actually kinda sucks. they were fun in my youth.
    but its still a very important album. its not what I listen to much of nowadays either, but god damn its energetic. I think the progressive/punk/metal vibe from the album really allowed me to get into stoner and death metal bands easier later on.

they didn't play anything off of Steal This Album.
    this disappointted you?? you like STA that much? not a bad thing (id never bash any peoples' likeness of them), thats just very unusual to hear. minus ADD, roulette, fuck the system, and streamline, I cant think of anything from that record Id be hoping to hear live.
    Meh.
    I mean they played a decent amount off the first two which was cool, but it's like you can't play 1 thing off of STA? It was mainly just that they played a bunch of shit I didn't like and that was about the time I was pretty much over SOAD. If the show were a year sooner it probably woulda been a better experience. 
    somewhere on my cell phone from 2006 is a photo of me onstage with the setlist at ozzfest before they went on. wish I could find it.
    besides the ones you mentioned... Innervision, Boom!, Mr Jack should be must live performances....  Especially Boom! and Mr Jack
    I mean they played a decent amount off the first two which was cool, but it's like you can't play 1 thing off of STA? It was mainly just that they played a bunch of shit I didn't like and that was about the time I was pretty much over SOAD. If the show were a year sooner it probably woulda been a better experience. 
    looking at what theyve played lately, I wish theyd mix it up more, Ill give you that.

and yeah darons vocal predominance in mezmerize/hypnotize was cool for like two tracks. #bringbacktheserj
    besides the ones you mentioned... Innervision, Boom!, Mr Jack should be must live performances....  Especially Boom! and Mr Jack
    boom is gay lol, I used to be super into that song, but its just stupid sounding looking back on it. they have way better anti war/govt songs that are just as powerful, although that one is pretty damn straightforward.

your neighbor, what a guy.
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,592 spicy boy
    Play first 2 albums live or 0
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,705 spicy boy
    Meh.
    I used to be big into them. Then I got sick of them due to oversatturation and overplay amongst rock and metal kids in my high school. Listening to them now, they're little more than glorified nu metal. Kinda like Deftones. Although SOAD is a lot better than Deftones. 
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
    boom is gay lol, I used to be super into that song, but its just stupid sounding looking back on it. they have way better anti war/govt songs that are just as powerful, although that one is pretty damn straightforward.

your neighbor, what a guy.

dude, KY. Boom! is awesome. Im not saying it's their best antiwar song, but it's great. But yeah it might be gay performing... I love listening to it at home though....

For Mr. Jack - I could see a crowd really getting into "PUT YOU HANDS UP GET OUT OF THE CAR, PUT YOU HANDS UP GET OUT OF THE CAR, PUT YOU HANDS UP GET OUT OF THE CAR, FUCK YOU PIG, FUCK PIG, FUCK YOU PIG"

boom just sounds like it could have been written by an angry 8th grader. doesnt hold a candle to their other stuff lyrically for me.

its been ages since Ive listened to steal this album though.
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    I dont really jam SOAD anymore but they were easily the best nu metal band back in the day. They threw down in 2011. Played like 30 songs.