Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

I swear to fucking God we're on the road to apocalypse.

Comments

• SGNL_05SGNL_05 Posts: 3,501 just the tip
    "The Mayans never predicted anything about the world ending. The calendar that relates to December 21, 2012 is just one of many of their calendars and they have many that go well past that date. The Mayans themselves believe people who think the world will end on that date are morons."

another example of a calender ending on a specific date is the one on my phone...

it goes to 12/31/2056 i believe.

so if we go by the world ending when a calender does. i guess the world ends in 2012, some how regenerates, and ends new years eve 2056...

and im my own opinion. anyone who believes the world ending in 2012 is a moron.
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    It's the end of a period. That's it. It just so happens that something goes down at or around that time. End of the world? Probably a NO.
    imageimage
  • SGNL_05SGNL_05 Posts: 3,501 just the tip
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    These ending periods however, have been marked by a cataclysmic event. This cataclysmic event, just has become the end of the world.
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    I see a possible ice age...that's my prediction
    imageimage
    The cataclysmic event will be Carcass playing San Francisco, and I headbang a fissure into San Francisco, destroying the great city forever.
  • sbs_willsbs_will Posts: 18,648 salt miner
    why is this thread still going?
  • sbs_willsbs_will Posts: 18,648 salt miner
    and lol at wine
  • StratophonyStratophony Posts: 9,212 just the tip
    taking a more religious perspective of the Mayan prediction.... they believe that with the ending of the fifth sun and "age of enlightenment" would occur.

meaning that people would start believing in what was really important, the natural world... and stop believing in the so many Vain religions that would plague the earth by then (2012),

in this aspect... this was the point where the Christians began to "prophesize" that it would be the end of the world. (because what better way to stop an exodus of their followers than to tell them that if they dont believe, they will die a fiery death)... on the day that the sun aligns with the center of the universe
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    WINE WILL KILL US ALL.
    I love winning with women
  • katiakatia Posts: 4,358 just the tip
    my teacher said the other day God invented math.
    and he got mad when I asked who invented math for people who didn't believe in god.
    lol... Math is too complex for something as simplistic as "God"

Math = why Humans rule this world
    edited March 2010
    the other day i read about a Russian man who solved the hardest equation on earth and refused to receive a 1 million dollar prize lol
    yea... saw it too. it was his 2nd prize he's refused. It took 7 years to figure out that he had the correct solution.

Looks like a life under Communism had something to do with him rejecting the money though.

I envy these brilliant people.... THEY are gods. Da Vinci, Galilei, Einstein, Newton, etc..... and who was it that wanted to keep them silenced?

Galileo died in the hands of the Catholics, he was lucky he wasnt killed... and only because he was already old and about to die anyway.

Da Vinci benefited from it though.... he was forced to become smarter than he already was to outsmart the vatican sword and from being accused of heresy.

heresy, heresy, heresy.... it was always the geniuses that were accused of being heretics. which = Intelligence is anti-religion.
    "I envy these brilliant people.... THEY are gods. Da Vinci, Galilei, Einstein, Newton, etc..... and who was it that wanted to keep them silenced?"
    Copernicus.

"heresy, heresy, heresy.... it was always the geniuses that were accused of being heretics. which = Intelligence is anti-religion."

I think that this issue has been dealt with in the modern church. Hell, even John Paul II said he believes that evolution is compatible with Christianity. Science and Faith can coexist.
    ^i call BS... that is exactly how they got the "pagans".

They let them keep their little log festivals in the solstices, and they were still able to light their fires on walpurgis night... but they were FORCED to stop believing in more than a single god. THE Christian god.
    I don't quite understand what you mean