Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

What are you watching right now?

Comments

• MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,699 spicy boy
    Resevoir Dogs
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,657 spicy boy
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    Watched The Revenant and Brooklyn tonight. Both have Domhnall Gleeson in them. Fuckers been in half the movies I've watched lately
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,657 spicy boy
    Watched training day for the first time last night. 

Knocking off the shining now 
  • GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    edited January 2016
    I wish I could just get everybody to watch Bojack. Everything about it is amazing all around. Only two seasons and I'm confident it's top five animated shows, possibly my favorite. It has almost Arrested Development level hidden jokes that even on the fourth viewing you're still catching for the first time. Bojack himself is so...real. I don't think there is a character from any animated show that is any bit as realistic emotionally as him. I know personally and I've read on the Bojack reddit that the show really hits close with people dealing with depression and really can make them feel less alone. 

@Dab u already know 

image Photobucket
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Easily the best animated show ever. Its hard to even compare it to anything else because its so real. Bojack is in the company of characters like Walter White more so than Eric Cartmen. He's incredibly well written and fleshed out. Every bad decision he makes i'm just like "You poor bastard. You were so close!"
    @TRUMP if you havent watched this shit you need to
  • DimeDime Posts: 10,239 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Been hearing alot about it. Should look into it. 
    I find "best animated show ever" hard to believe. 
    It's not going to be viewed universally as the greatest animated show ever but there's no doubt it's top 5.  
    image Photobucket
    I find "best animated show ever" hard to believe. 
    You havent even watched the show
    edited January 2016
    Trailers look dumb. I have a hard time believing it could be better than something like The Last Airbender, Batman TAS, or FMA. 
    And none of those characters come close to Bojack Horseman. Those are shows for children
    Ok
    edited January 2016
    He's right though. I liked Avatar but in the end its a kids show that if I like today it's only because I liked it then. Bojack isn't an adult cartoon like Family Guy where you spend 25 minutes getting pot shot jokes and tune in next week. I think a show like Rick and Morty is a step up from everything today because a lot of the humor is clever but there's no depth...it got pretty stale on season 2 because you already knew how much of a dick Rick is and how wrong Morty ends up being every episode. Then they really tried pushing Ricks self loathing and suicidal thoughts a lot more and kind of took it from that deep hit you in the feels side to really just making it weird. Bojack didn't hasn't gone stale although I can't say for sure that it won't. But overall there's just too much going for the show. All of the characters are strong by theirselves and are even better together. None of them are one dimensional or represent anything on specific. They all have emotions, they are all real. But it just so happens that a lot of them are animals which adds another dimension. This is also where one problem sits because a lot of people just see the stills from the show and just assume it's another R rated cartoon that relies simply on the characters being animals and leave it at that. That couldn't be any further from the truth. Because the characters personalities are so fucking real, it's easy to forget that they're animals until Mr. Peanutbutter is pulled over for chasing the mailman. The jokes though are endless and most are extremely well hidden or only on screen for a second like 

Both of those are just during scene transitions and are easy to miss if you down at your phone for 2 seconds. Some you can just overlook until a couple views later.

And then there's the social commentary and how they keep up with current events. Todd is caught up in a mix up with a dictator, a genocide might have been perpetrated in his name and war might possibly be breaking out in Europe, its mentioned on the news but every times its completely overshadowed by Uncle Hanky, a loveable old Hippo from the 80s who has his accusations of assaulting women back in and blowing up the news and it's all the country cares about. Then it's followed up with "Coming up, Kanye West claims to hate thin mints? More tonight"

There's a hell of a lot more but I've been writing this on my phone between commerical breaks for over an hour so I'm sure a lot of it just sounds like mashed up jumble. I love the show though 
    image Photobucket
    edited January 2016
    @Dab did you notice the significance of the first line Bojack can't deliver in Secretariat, "What are you doing here?" I remembered one point where he's struggling practice in his trailer and keeps shouting it and then Mr. Peanbutter walks in and he just says it and it was funny at the time. But this time I just realized how many times he says it during the season and finally at the end he says "What am I doing here?" Somebody actually clipped them all together. https://youtu.be/RD3icaZLp6Q
    image Photobucket
    Damn i never caught that. I noticed the one with the deer girl's daughter and obviously the mr peanut butter one but none of the others. 
    I need to rewatch both seasons. I think i'm gonna start tomorrow
  • ...... Posts: 31,548 master of ceremonies
    edited January 2016
    The Revenant was visually breathtaking, if it doesn't win best picture then fuck everything. 
    Post edited by ... on
    inb4lists
  • DimeDime Posts: 10,239 destroyer of motherfuckers
    You guys have convinced me to start watching Bojack. I've seen a couple episodes but was never really paying that much attention. Gonna sit down, watch this shit and absorb it haha