Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

What are you watching right now?

Comments

• GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    I really like the show but I hate that it has to be forcefully tied to the marvel universe. With that, it just makes a lot of dumb shit not mesh. Like the way they casually reference "Big green guy and his band of friends" but make it sound subtle even though they practically destroyed a huge portion of the city. A city where someone with mind reading capabilites sounding irrational is perfectly fine, but put that city in the marvel universe where super heroes and villains are established just makes it silly. At first I thought maybe it fell somewhere on the time line before the events in say Avengers but the one girl says on the air "we didn't believe aliens were real but they destroyed the city several months ago"
    image Photobucket
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,699 spicy boy
    Do You Remember Love?
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,586 spicy boy
    Nah love is fake and gay 
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,699 spicy boy
    LordGundy said:
    Nah love is fake and gay 
    Its a movie brah
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,586 spicy boy
    well then

its still fake and gay 
    I love Jessica Jones. Could be 9.5/10 if it didn't have to have its shitty marvel universe connection. 
    image Photobucket
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Ky it wasnt even that bad
    edited November 2015
    You have to pretend that all of this occurs in a world where Asgaard is a proven being. Where Samuel L Jackson is masquerading around as a top agent of SHIELD. That nags me. Part of it is because of the movies and TV shows, all of them have varing degrees of silliness with this being the most serious. In the comics, I've read that Jessica is more closely tied. As far as the show, it's fucking stupid. It's infinitely better than agents of shield bit it's still unnecessary bullshit. If I were to cut off all ties to the marvel universe, Jessica Jones is beautiful. The interaction between characters is more realistic and human. It hits you. Like when Ruben dies for no reason at all. His sister plays such a small part on screen but you feel so bad for her.  
    image Photobucket
    The show has grown on me the more I see it though. Kilgrave is an excellent villian. Within this universe he is already my favorite. 
    image Photobucket
    edited November 2015
    It's like telling me that I have to believe that Tommy Vercetti lives, killing Cubans in the same universe that Steve and Blue from Blues Clues are talking to Mailbox.
    image Photobucket
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    It's easier to soak in if you're a fan of the comics. The Netflix line of shows is pretty much Marvel's tv MAX line. They took some also-ran characters and made them more adult oriented and kinda segregated them from the rest of the canon. DC did the same thing with Vertigo in the beginning. Swamp Thing was very much entangled in their regular universe before Alan Moore took him for a spin. Early Sandman comics have Batman and Etrigan in them. With their universe so large, it's foolish to try to keep all of the characters on the same page. It also worked for marketing because you have the ability to appeal to miltiple demographics and preferences. I'm actually really glad Marvel isn't attempting the ultra-realistism with the Avengers movies because DC is kinda sinking by trying to make everything on their side gritty like the Dark Knight movies. Personally, I think they even went a little overboard with Batman, but it's entirely unnecessary to do Superman that way. 
    edited November 2015
    I thought the Christopher Nolan movies were separate from what they are trying to create with the Ben Affleckil movies in DC. I feel like with what Marvel is doing today is different than what you are a talking about. 
    image Photobucket
    I'm drunk and never had any deep connection with comics through so on the whole I have less of idea what you are passing about. With that though, as a person trying to follow the existing marvel universe, it's bullshit. 
    image Photobucket
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    They are different continuity than the Dark Knight movies, but Nolan is producing them and the Man of Steel movie definitely had that gritty edge. Especially with him killing Zod, which he would never do in the comics. The problem with DC is that even with their Suicide Squad movie, which is kinda B-list in comparison, looks to be up the same alley in terms of "gritty". I mean...DC is a bad comparison because their film output aside from the Dark Knight movies is pretty flaccid, but still
  • DimeDime Posts: 10,239 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Bulllshit. Batman & Robin was the best super hero movie ever
    You have to pretend that all of this occurs in a world where Asgaard is a proven being. Where Samuel L Jackson is masquerading around as a top agent of SHIELD. That nags me. Part of it is because of the movies and TV shows, all of them have varing degrees of silliness with this being the most serious. In the comics, I've read that Jessica is more closely tied. As far as the show, it's fucking stupid. It's infinitely better than agents of shield bit it's still unnecessary bullshit. If I were to cut off all ties to the marvel universe, Jessica Jones is beautiful. The interaction between characters is more realistic and human. It hits you. Like when Ruben dies for no reason at all. His sister plays such a small part on screen but you feel so bad for her.  
    You mean it breaks your immersion that a black dude with unbreakable skin lives in the same universe as a green dude with unbreakable skin? 
  • DimeDime Posts: 10,239 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Too far 
    =)) I second guessed it. I was like even for a stupid joke thats going a little far. 
    It's hard to compare because today on the whole is just so differenthat than ten years ago, let alone the 90s. Where would Jessica Jones fit 20 years ago? You would have to have HBO. But by today's standards, it's such a perfect fit for netflix today. 
    image Photobucket
    I mean i get your point, but the shows and movies are barely connected. Outside of the alien comment there's basically no connection. Daredevil had more. The mob owned a construction company that got the contract to rebuild the disaster from the first "Avengers" 

if thor and nick fury made cameos yeah that'd be pretty gay. But the subtle ties to one another are what make it fun. Satan is right though being a comic geek makes it easier to digest.