Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

What are you watching right now?

Comments

• SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    edited November 2015
    I kinda keep it in perspective that even if the Avengers are out fighting aliens, it's not like people stop smoking crack, robbing banks, cheating on their husbands, etc. The US still had police officers during WWII. Some heroes fight super villains, some fight regular crime
  • GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    edited November 2015
    Am I just looking at it wrong? Because I'm just imagining Marvel as some evil growing mastermind who wants all of every thing they own to have their dick dragging across it. Spiderman kicked them off with some other bs movies bUT after Iron Man, this "universe" was created where every thing is connected on a level. It's hard to say barely connected when Jessica Jones is supposed to tie I to some other stuff later. 
    image Photobucket
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,699 spicy boy
    edited November 2015
    Am I just looking at it wrong? Because I'm just imagining Marvel as some evil growing mastermind who wants all of every thing they own to have their dick dragging across it. Spiderman kicked them off with some other bs movies bUT after Iron Man, this "universe" was created where every thing is connected on a level. It's hard to say barely connected when Jessica Jones is supposed to tie I to some other stuff later. 
    Think of how all Marvel comics are related and connected into one universe. All stories happen in the same world. They're doing the same thing in a visual form. They're pulling the universe they already established off the page, and onto the screen. 

This is what comic fans want to see.
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
    I think the hardest pill to swallow is gonna be Dr Strange. Up to now, most of the Marvel stuff has relied on advanced sciences. Even their version of Asgard is more a 4th density big brother world than spooks and spells
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,699 spicy boy
    SATAN said:
    I think the hardest pill to swallow is gonna be Dr Strange. Up to now, most of the Marvel stuff has relied on advanced sciences. Even their version of Asgard is more a 4th density big brother world than spooks and spells
    True. 
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
    Think of how all Marvel comics are related and connected into one universe. All stories happen in the same world. They're doing the same thing in a visual form. They're pulling the universe they already established off the page, and onto the screen. 

This is what comic fans want to see.

on that medium I understand it. And that is how I want to see it. The blockbuster films mesh together well because that was a day 1 plan. Agents of Shield is probably an overall success but a really shitty show. I'm just saying this is a great show with weird restrictions. I'm just trying to say it's not like Scooby Doo where one week Don Knots shows up and next week it's the Phyllis Diller. Is Jessica going to be walking down the street and you randomly hear RDJ's Tony Stark spouting off about business and Phil Caulson is sexing up a local in Tahiti. You can't tell me I'm keeping them "too" connected when they are supposed to exist in the same universe. 
    image Photobucket
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    *JESSICA JONES SPOILERS* So basically, Marvel is creating 4 shows for Netflix. Jessica Jones, Daredevil, Luke Cage, and Iron Fist. These will be the darker, less ridiculous ones like Jones was. These characters are eventually going to form a team and interact with each other. They're all based in Hells Kitchen, New York so certain things will tie in. Idk if you've watched Daredevil but that nurse that helped Luke Cage? She's one of Daredevil's friends/love interest. Little shit like that.

But its not like the characters from Agents of SHIELD or Avengers are gonna appear on the netflix shows. So while they happen in the same universe, they're not SUPER connected ya know?
    Random side bar, my friend asked me direct quote "wait. Are galaxies bigger than universes or?" 
    image Photobucket
    And the reason they arent connecting the tv shows with the movies is because they're afraid that there are a ton of people like you who either dont want it or wont keep up
    edited November 2015
    ...I thought they were supposed to be connected. 

And now I read your other comment.

OHHHHHHKAAAAAAY
    image Photobucket
    Bruh. Ok look at it this way. Outside of the alien comment, was Avengers connected to Jessica Jones in any way?
    They're vaguely connected. Like you dont need to watch Avengers or Iron Man to understand Jessica Jones. But Jessica Jones and Daredevil and the upcoming Luke Cage are going to share characters and locations. 
    ^

My bad for thowin paragraphs at you dawg i know you said you're buzzing haha. I get too into this shit
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,526 moneytalker
    That's a good thing though. Too many 0 fucks going around.
    Pass the god damn butter.
    I was trying to watch the show while trying to comment and then trying to follow the the comments coming in. Was a bit much. Maybe I was going over board with setting limits set on shows within what is supposed to be a universe
     I haven't watched Daredevil even though I've been told it's great. Maybe I'll jump on that next.
    image Photobucket
    You'll enjoy it for sure. Basically a crime/mob drama that happens to involve a superhero
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,526 moneytalker
    Does it matter much what series you watch first?
    Pass the god damn butter.
    Daredevil first, but it only matters in the slightest way. I'd still go Daredevil first because its the better show.
    Daredevil got gay as fuck the last 3-4 episodes