Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

the discussion on what's in the tours thread thread

Comments

• SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    That's already a better lineup than every other one this decade
  • ...... Posts: 31,548 master of ceremonies
    Apparently Warped did horrible financially last year. Kevin Lyman is basically incorporating elements of Mayhem fest into Warped tour now, i guess to bring in both crowds for more profit. There's apparently going to be 20-25 fewer bands total, but bigger names on the main stages. Apparently Deftones are playing select dates as well. 
    inb4lists
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,706 spicy boy
    edited February 2017
    ... said:
    Apparently Warped did horrible financially last year. Kevin Lyman is basically incorporating elements of Mayhem fest into Warped tour now, i guess to bring in both crowds for more profit. There's apparently going to be 20-25 fewer bands total, but bigger names on the main stages. Apparently Deftones are playing select dates as well. 
    but Warped brought girls because of gay bands. I thought Lyman's whole deal was to bring in girls because more girls = more money?

oh wait, he tried that with Mayhem and it failed too. 
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    still not worth the jailbait zoo

Id only go if deftones were on it and it were a weekend
    I love winning with women
  • DimeDime Posts: 10,239 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Deftones, HATEBREED, CKY, and Bad Religion? Fuck I'm down 
    ... said:
    but Warped brought girls because of gay bands. I thought Lyman's whole deal was to bring in girls because more girls = more money?

oh wait, he tried that with Mayhem and it failed too. 
    Warped tour. financially speaking, is much more successful than Mayhem fest ever was tho. 
    inb4lists
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    That and the fact he ran out of headliners in like year 3
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,661 master of ceremonies
    ... said:
    Land-Phil from Iron Reagan told me in our interview that Waste, Hatebreed, Bad Religion, Lagwagon, Strung Out and CKY are all on warped tour this year. 
    Shit was leaked days ago lol. Gwar is also in it.
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    Still not going
    ... said:
    Land-Phil from Iron Reagan told me in our interview that Waste, Hatebreed, Bad Religion, Lagwagon, Strung Out and CKY are all on warped tour this year. 
    Shit was leaked days ago lol. Gwar is also in it.
    I asked him a about that, he said the GWAR thing was fake. Municipal Waste were never mentioned before. 
    inb4lists
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    CPA said:
    an*
    Nope, the subject in the sentence is date, with At The Drive In being a descriptor. You wouldn't say "an date"
    Mayhem Failed because he banked on Slipknot headlining 2015, and they went ahead and did their own tour instead. 2014 sold very well. He scrapped together a shitty lineup for 2015 at the last minute and it tanked the whole festival
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy
    CPA said:
    Carez
    Cared enough to correct someone else
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    I enjoyed 2014 quite a bit.

i did find it funny that all of the people that bitched finally got the headliners they wanted that last year and it sold like ass because guess what no one gave a fuck about King Diamond.
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    btbam colors tour dates :!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I love winning with women
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    OPP said:
    btbam colors tour dates :!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Now that I've got my Metallica tickets this is all I'm waiting on 
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
    mrAPE said:
    I enjoyed 2014 quite a bit.

i did find it funny that all of the people that bitched finally got the headliners they wanted that last year and it sold like ass because guess what no one gave a fuck about King Diamond.
    Or it could also be the fact that, aside from Code Orange and Jungle Rot, the rest of the lineup was the same recycled trash? 

KD was a great direct support slot, and is a big reason as to why anyone attended at all. Slayer are not a big enough band to be the sole headliner, especially considering they'd already played Mayhem twice. 
    inb4lists