Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

the discussion on what's in the tours thread thread

Comments

• SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    What's wrong with Overlord? I haven't listened to Anthrax since WCFYA
  • DimeDime Posts: 10,239 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Overlord is the LOG song with clean Randy vocals lol and you only missed one album since WCFYA. Worship Music which was honestly a great album. Don't mind at all hearing shit off that one live. Anthrax still the GOAT
    You should check Worship Music out if you're still into Anthrax dude. Awesome album. 
    LordGundy said:
    Yeah I think iv seen them 6 times now? 

Fuck LoG
    You were able to make it out of your house for six entire shows? Well goddamn. 
    I find myself in this weird place in life where a lot of bands I used to like have put out bad music for so long that I've stopped paying attention. I haven't listened to LOG since 'Sacrament'. Dahlia since 'Miasma'. Intronaut since 'Valley'. BTBAM since 'Great Misdirect'. I've lost a lot of interest in Kylesa and Baroness and Mastodon now. It sucks. Especially since not much has come along since that generation of bands to really take their place. 
    Yeah I haven't had much interest in newer bands in a while, but tbh I'm not looking as hard as I should. Haven't been bored with bands I've liked for a long time now which makes me happy (as should be obvious since I purchased the new P.O.D. album lol). Only new albums that were a disappointment for bands I've been listening to for a while was LOG, Megadeth (Super Collider), Fozzy (Do You Wanna Start a War?), and Nugent (SHUTUP & JAM). Everyone else is still in pretty good-great standing for me. 
  • MenAreTrashMenAreTrash Posts: 27,667 spicy boy
    I definitely agree with that. I think that's why I've turned to more underground artists and local artists for heavy music because it's easy for me to find new and exciting things. 
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    ill give you that habitual levitations wasnt quite as good as valley of smoke but it was still pretty damn solid and this new record sounds promising too. also, you didnt like nocturnal or deflorate??
    I love winning with women
    I've been digging a lot more locally for music. I've hit up a really good amount of local shows. Its kinda cool finding a band you dig and being like barely anyone knows they exist but they make some legit shit. When it comes to underground, you guys have a lot more options than I do when it comes to heavy music genre wise because I'm not into alot of the stuff you guys get into and I don't see an underground nu-metal resurgence happening lol but I'm open minded to absolutely anything music wise, so please if you guys have any suggestions or anything you're digging, please PM Me or drop a link. 
    I didn't even listen cuz Miasma was meh and I figured they were one of those bands that peaked early. Tbh I haven't heard much since but what I did hear didn't change my mind
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    I still jam a lot of stuff I was getting into 5-8 years ago, but ive also been bitten hard by the psychedelic/indie/electronic/experimental (basically coachellacore, yeah) bug in recent years. that stuff is easily my go-to when Im not jamming heavy stuff.
    I love winning with women
    Metal is too popular right now afaic. It needs to crawl back into a cave and cut the fat again. You've got fuccbois infiltrating all levels, ruining everything right now
    That's going to happen no matter what though. Its more people too lazy to look for music that's not just right in front of them. I mean, look at bands like Death Punch. A made for radio band like that isn't going to draw the people who are into more diverse music. Its going to draw the more casual, less willing to explore other genres kind of fan. That stuff is always going to exist though. In a way though, its a good thing to have bands like that because they become a gateway. Music like that doesn't have a big chance at having a lasting influence quality wise so people are going to get bored and jump ship to something heavier. 
    TRUMP said:
    I still jam a lot of stuff I was getting into 5-8 years ago, but ive also been bitten hard by the psychedelic/indie/electronic/experimental (basically coachellacore, yeah) bug in recent years. that stuff is easily my go-to when Im not jamming heavy stuff.
    yeah i'm getting into internet hip-hop shit and lots of shoegaze/dream pop/90's alt worship stuff over the last couple years. 
    90's alt worship stuff? 
    yeah bands who are just ripping off 90's alt bands. like one of my favorite local bands is this band Happy Diving and they're pretty much just heavy as fuck Weezer 
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JD9Ap_lK_ng

also getting into post-punk shit
    Not bad. Might look into it somewhere 
    edited November 2015
     post-punk shit

Scratch Acid>