Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

official mayhem fest 2015 thread.

Comments

• FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy
  • MenAreTrashMenAreTrash Posts: 27,667 spicy boy

just because it's not serious doesn't mean it's not bad or stupid. 

• AdamAdam Posts: 11,533 balls deep

I was kiddig anyways. I just enjoyed them at mayhem haha.

• DimeDime Posts: 10,239 destroyer of motherfuckers

Start by saying I had a lot more fun than I thought I would. Side stages were very enjoyable and I'm glad I went. I hate the amount of hate Mayhem gets because when it comes down to it, its just a fun ass time hanging out with my friends even though not all the bands are ones we liked. Anyway,

Suicide Silence-Not a huge fan. But had alot of fun to them. They put on a solid show and the pits were great. Wall of Death was insane. The new vocalist is pretty decent with them.

Body Count-Was skeptical at first. Couldn't believe how much I actually liked them. Such an energetic show and dammit they know how to deliver a live performance. Ice-T was hilarious and the rest of the band was pretty tight-knit.

Cannibal Corpse-Monster energy, monster show. Great as fuck.

Trivium-They were okay. Not a big fan and couldn't judge them much. Definitely could have used some more energy.

Asking Alexandria-??? Idk. 35 minute smoke/piss/beer/ break

Korn-Amazing as always. Great performance, awesome energy, bit of a more casual set but its a fest so whatever. Always always spot on. Great pit, and they were so focused and really got the biggest crowd reaction. Seeing Head back is amazing and Ray was on fucking fire. 

Avenged Sevenfold-Shit what can I say? They are really not a band I needed to have seen more than once (this being the 2nd. Went to their solo stop last year so I could see Deftones open). Set started out okay, but 5 songs in they just bored the living shit out of me. Stage set up was mediocre and just a clash of boring new songs. Didn't pick up til the encore of Unholy Confessions & A Little Piece of Heaven. Korn should have head lined.

I had so much fun, hoping for a better line up next year but Korn rocked it, CC rocked it, Body Count and Suicide Silence rocked it. Fun ass time. All in all, good damn day. Now my review is over and all thats left to say to you fuckers is.... flag away. 

• mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker

I had as much fun this year as i did in 2009. Im glad im not stuck in a stoner metal elitist attitude and can go out and enjoy these fests.

You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy

cool, not like I went to mayhem last year and had fun. That's not what we stoner metal elitists do

• FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy

Oo well.

You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker

Yea but anything is fun when your day is paying bills and changing diapers lol

I have more fun with my kid than I do at any concert now. It's hard to explain if you had a kid you would understand. We had my buddy's 14 year old nephew with us. That was cool because he had never been to a big show like that. He was flipping out. Made me look forward to when I can take my kid. 

• SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    I wanted to take my son the last year Slayer played as a birthday present, but tickets were redonk and my parents showed up when I was agonizing about the price with a surprise toy for him so I just gave up
    Two bands out of 19 you date got fucked i know but still. If you cant find a way to have a good time there for that small of a price that is sad. There was a good variation in bands. 

• FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy

I'd rather take that 30 bucks and go to 2 club shows with bands I actually like. 

club shows are getting to the point that's what it costs for one. 

I was happy they were selling tickets to other indy venues there I got slayer tickets for 35 with no fees

• AdamAdam Posts: 11,533 balls deep

I ended up getting lawn tickets and then was able to upgrade them to great seats for 10 bucks.

mrAPE said:

club shows are getting to the point that's what it costs for one. 

I was happy they were selling tickets to other indy venues there I got slayer tickets for 35 with no fees

not if you like stoner bands