Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Game of Thrones

Comments

• MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,705 spicy boy

That scene has caused a lot of controversy. And I'm not quite understanding the uproar about it, other than the fact that it wasn't in the book.

They've shown rape before. They've shown graphic scenes where children die, and watch their loved ones die. There have been far more graphic sex scenes filmed (outside of the rape), as far as nudity and sex is concerned. They've shown a person being mutilated, tortured, and abused. They've fucking shown a pregnant woman being stabbed in the stomach. 

But this scene... was too much?

Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies

The controversy isn't about the presence of rape, just the context of it. It doesn't make any fucking sense.

Idk. It made sense to me. Jaime has been home for weeks, Cersei has been rejecting him constantly. They're finally alone. Their son just died. And she is telling him to go and kill their brother. He just snapped. 

you should read some of The AV Club comments. Lot of people screaming sexism, mysogony, and rape culture satisfaction revolving around this scene. 

Idk. It made sense to me. Jaime has been home for weeks, Cersei has been rejecting him constantly. They're finally alone. Their son just died. And she is telling him to go and kill their brother. He just snapped. 

I can see it. I just think people are pissed that they're making it more fucked up than it has to be.

• Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,526 moneytalker

In the books it was the first time Jamie made it back to Kings Landing and saw his sister and his dead son. She didn't protest having sex with him, she just didn't want to do it right next to her dead kid in the sept, but she does it anyway. The whole scene is dark and twisted, yet is was also romantic and tragic in some fucked up way. The long lost wounded warrior finds his way home to find his lover grieving over their murdered child. 

The show didn't get any of that across,  instead it just looked like rape.

Pass the god damn butter.

So the new episode went ahead and gave us more shit about the white walkers than we even know yet in the books... pretty baller.

For sure. Also, apparently Jon knows about Bran now too.

• Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,592 spicy boy

Watched the whole thing the last couple weeks...it's good but fuck I get annoyed with people trying to compare it to breaking bad...it's not even close

Bb>>>

Season 3 was dope

This season has been kinda meh so far..good episodes but nothing leaving me dying to see the next episode.

Iv heard the books are tough to read but I'm thinking about checking them out cause I'm sure they are worlds better then the show 

Correct on both accounts.

• NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker

I thought season 3 was easily the worst minus the red wedding and the new season is .. What for it.... fiLthy!!!

Honestly the whole series is good..but it's not great...the gore and tits are awesome...but they have to fit so much into one season that the timeline just jumps all over the place...like I said it's good...but breaking bad and shit I'd have to say even walking dead is better 

• NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker

Like breaking bad tho , got seems to be building up over time.. They need to stop killing main characters doe lol

I know this season is going to be left with major cliffhangers...the next five episodes are Finna be filthy..I was reading about how their going to do the show considering all the books most likely won't be out by the time season 7 comes around...I've heard they could either finish season 6 and then do a movie/movies...or I heard they might consider a year or two hiatus after this or next season  :-S that would suck 

Breaking bad spoiler ahead:

That two year gap in breaking bad after Jessie shot gal :-L :-W

lol wtf. The show is amazing. Best show (with Vikings) on TV right now. Its so complex and deep. 

I havent seen BB but my friends who have seen both all like GoT better. And The Walking Dead show has gotten weak. Still enjoyable, but GoT is way better. 

Yeah your opinion is invalid...you get a hard on for the fantasy shit 

edited May 2014

Hell the first season of true detective was better then most of GoT

Also house of cards>

killing off main characters is what makes in interesting too. More shows should do tjat (looking at you Walking Dead. Fucking kill off Daryl already. )

walking dead was trash season 2 and most of season 3...but season four brought it back