Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Killswitch Engage Frontman Leaves Band Due To Unforseen Circumstances!!!

Comments

• That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    No Howard

No KsE for me
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,282 mod
    In case there was any doubt idrinkwine732 doesn't know what he's talking about, I give you his last post.

• drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Drop me some self referential KsE songs man, where he "sings about his problems"
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
  • BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Ed, I could understand if you were trolling, but no.

All Howard sings about is missing a girl and the pain he feels for her but maybe they can start over but probably not.

All Jesse sings about is what he really believes in while promoting a positive message in a well-articulated way.

You be the judge. I'm all for opinions but don't be retarded. That's just like ZP Theart refusing to do a cover song as a bonus track for Ultra Beatdown because "the lyrics were stupid."
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
    Jesse is a pussy who needs to grow up, when his vocals blew out that should have been the hint that you suck and you need to quit.

Hey now Dragonforce gets friggin deep man...
    Well, he's a pussy who makes better music than Howard.
    Howard > Jesse

/thread
    KsE 1 sucks cock, AOJB was medicore at best with like two good songs. Now let's look at Howard End of Heartache was a masterpiece As Daylight Dies was almost there and KsE 2 was different. If it wasn't for Howard KsE would be nothing now because obviously Jesse wasn't taking them nowhere.

/thread

Let's go, a socratic style debate going right now.

While Howard's clean vocals are superior to Jesse's, I would prefer Jesse to front the band because of his lyrics, his screaming ability, and the originality of the music he made when he was with them.
    "If it wasn't for Howard KsE would be nothing now because obviously Jesse wasn't taking them nowhere."

They were getting quite big back then. He got them going.
    edited April 2010
    I'm sorry Arlo.

Its just that I feel so far away from Dragonforce's lyrics. Its really hard for me to feel victorious when their music is just thrown at me from beyond the blackened sky, leaving me wasted.
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
    Jesse's lyrics are once again just him crying about his past that I don't care to hear. With Howard you get a mix of Clean and Scream vocals and Howard can actually make it through a live performance. How many songs can you sing or scream at a show with Jesse just one? My Last Serenade? How many can you sing and scream with Howard a lot of songs pretty much his whole set.

Howard cups the mic like a bitch.

/discussion
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    Howard ruined kse to many fans. Just saying just because you like Howard doesn't mean everyone else likes Howard. Just about every kse fan I know around here got
    into kse because of alive or just breathing. Then they heard end of heartache and said well it's good but I like alive or just breathing better. And it's been a downward slide since end of heartache. Now I like a good amount of what howard has done but I like Jesse better.
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
    /Thread bitchez

Metallica sold more records when they turned into radio rock. Your point means nothing.
    edited April 2010
    "Howard ruined kse to many fans."

I went backwards, so in my view, Jesse saved KsE...if that makes sense. But yeah if I went chronologically I would have been like "what the fuck is this shit?" at As Daylight Dies.

"Jesse's lyrics are once again just him crying about his past that I don't care to hear. With Howard you get a mix of Clean and Scream vocals and Howard can actually make it through a live performance. How many songs can you sing or scream at a show with Jesse just one? My Last Serenade? How many can you sing and scream with Howard a lot of songs pretty much his whole set."

Your points are invalid due to the fact that the most common themes of Jesse's lyrics are social commentary and political commentary. Jesse as well created a solid mixture of cleans and screams. We have yet to see Jesse perform a full set with the band, therefore making it impossible for anyone to know what he is capable of as far as stamina.
    Metallica always sold records, what's your point?