Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Killswitch Engage Frontman Leaves Band Due To Unforseen Circumstances!!!

Comments

• PrimalScream31PrimalScream31 Posts: 3,544 mod
    "I disagree on one of those."

That's OK because you're allowed to disagree.

:o)
    photo mayhemsignature2013_zps1209e6fd.jpg I wanna slit your throat and fuck the wound.
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    NO I AM NOT.

THROW A CHAIR OR SOMETHING
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
  • ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
    wines right, he fucked up the cleans hardcore
    I'd like to see how he handled them on the recent tour, because that wasn't that good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EURi_TBLQ7w

Much better, but not excellent. Some bad sound mixing by the venue there though.
  • 1DisturbedMthrFckr1DisturbedMthrFckr Posts: 1,027 juggalo
    edited April 2010
    "Wait a second. So you just judged their music on the length of time a member has been in the band? Jason Newsted's been in Metallica longer than Cliff, so Metallica without Newsted sucks. Bruce Dickenson's been in Iron Maiden longer than Paul Di'Anno, so Maiden during Di'Anno sucks. John Bush has been in Anthrax longer than Joey Belladonna, so Anthrax without Bush sucks. I could go on and on with this."

No I'm not saying that at all. I'm just saying since Howard has been with KSE for all of these years it would just be strange without him. A lot of people would be disappointed to see Howard leave. I'm sure a lot of people felt the same way after Jesse left.
    "No I'm not saying that at all. I'm just since Howard has been with KSE for all of these years it would just be strange without him."

Okay okay, the way you worded it tripped me up a bit. I think that the band's best material was with Jesse. I also think that they were nowhere near their potential with him at the mic. I think with that lineup they could have changed metal forever. However, with Howard, I hear any other metalcore band. It's not solely his fault, the songwriting from the rest of the group has become lazy and uninspired. Howard has the singing voice of an angel, but his lyrics are like that of a 13 year old. Jesse makes the band, to me at least, sound like a beast, that also throws in some fantastic lyrics on top.
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    Maybe to satisfy everyone have Jesse do screams have Howard do cleans and have Jesse write the songs
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
    "Maybe to satisfy everyone have Jesse do screams have Howard do cleans and have Jesse write the songs"

Songs would get heavier, the mainstream appeal would dissappear, and it would sound awkward. You might as well just get Jesse to do it all...

I don't think he'd do it full time, but what I think they should do is do a full reunion tour with the lineup. Including Adam on drums. Then I will be happy, and never complain about Howard in KsE again.
  • BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    ^^THIS^^

And don't have any support, and advertise that they would play nothing after AOJB

That way they get real KSE fans and limit the queers that know one song or the shitty scene opening bands.
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
    "And don't have any support, and advertise that they would play nothing after AOJB"

I dunno about that, I'd like to see a few bands on the bill to warm up the crowd. Plus, I'd like to see Leach perform a song or two off of The End of Heartache, but it's not a necessity.
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,282 mod
    "You Jesse fans are something else"

"Intelligent?"

No, try the opposite of that.

He probably wouldn't because its not his lyrics. He sings with emotion because he connects/believes in the songs.
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
    ""You Jesse fans are something else"

"Intelligent?"

No, try the opposite of that."

That's stupid, I'm obviously not black
  • ComptonAssBertoComptonAssBerto Posts: 3,899 just the tip
    "He probably wouldn't because its not his lyrics. He sings with emotion because he connects/believes in the songs"

He says he digs the music they make. I dunno if that means he doesn't like the lyrics, but his are much better
    Agreed
    All he sings about is his problems, who wants to hear him cry through a whole album. That's why he blew his vocals out in the first place.

In case there was any doubt Ed doesn't know what he's talking about, I give you the post above me.