Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Killswitch Engage Frontman Leaves Band Due To Unforseen Circumstances!!!

Comments

• NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    edited March 2010
    dude jesse<howard in concert, its not even close. KSE just sounds like a mediocre metalcore band with jesse imo, his melody is out the fuckin window live, all indecipherable screaming unless you know every single KSE song
    edited March 2010
    dude jesse < howard in concert, its not even close. KSE just sounds like a mediocre metalcore band with jesse imo, his melody is out the fuckin window live, all indecipherable screaming unless you know every single KSE song
  • SantanaSantana Posts: 16,743 juggalo
    I'll end that sentence, isn't as good as Howard
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    "I think their popularity would dip pretty good and it would be bad for their band"

How do you define bad for the band? That was the message of my other post...

"I know many many many more people that would be willing to go to a show with leach then howard. I seriously doubt it's a crippling blow like the Howard fan boys seem to believe."

There are quite a few of us out there who would absolutely love to see Jesse play with the band again.

As far as the music, I think it would definitely become better. If not in the music, for sure the lyrical content. Leach wrote extremely good lyrics, while I believe Howard was incredibly cliché. Their music would become heavier, a bit less melodic, and more on the extreme.
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
    "dude jesse < howard in concert, its not even close. KSE just sounds like a mediocre metalcore band with jesse imo, his melody is out the fuckin window live, all indecipherable screaming unless you know every single KSE song"

I haven't seen Jesse with the band live before so I can't offer an opinion on that, but I think that KsE sounds like a mediocre metalcore band with Howard now. No redeemable qualities in their music anymore.
    edited March 2010
    bad for the band as in they wont sell as many tickets and sell as many cd's causing them less support/money...

and whats so redemable about jesse? His lyrics are a little better but howards songs have way better flow
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    "I seriously doubt it's a crippling blow like the Howard fan boys seem to believe"

this
    Killswitch with Howard is fucking mediocre cliche metalcore. His lyrics are terrible and uninspired, and the band has become way too melodic.
    its not like they are not gonna sell records any more but i think they will lose their casual fanbase in the process aka me.
    "Band for the band as in they wont sell as many tickets and sell as many cd's causing them less support/money..."

So you define it by their support. I define it by the music they make.

"and whats so redemable about jesse? His lyrics are a little better but howards songs have way better flow"

The rawness of their sound with him at the mic is incredible. The overproduced sound of As Daylight Dies and their new one is unlistenable to me, with Howard pushing them more and more into a generic sound.
    wine, i would usually agree with you but for some reason i dont see the magic in jesse that you guys see. KSE songs with jesse seem boring to me and i usually will take the cliche howard ones instead.
    When was the last time you listened to Alive or Just Breathing?
    Like i said im a casual listener, but i have heard that album quite a few times and with the exception of My last serenade its nothing overly amazing... plus im not a big metalcore guy to begin with. If youd compare AOJB versus lamb of gods as the palaces burn, its a joke to me. Even with howard i think the band is overhyped.
    I'm very very low on metalcore as a whole also, but the only two metalcore albums I hold with sincere respect and love like I do any other masterpiece, are As the Palaces Burn and Alive or Just Breathing.
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    Everytime I open this thread " are we alive or just breathing" pops into my head with how powerful jesse' vocals were on that song. I'm probably going to listen to that cd after break now
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
    maybe i will go back and try to hear what im missing since people love it so much..
    Your destination is a choice, within yourself will you rise? or become a slave?

My favorite lyric from that album, but there are a bunch of em. Numbered Days still is my favorite, but those first 6 or 7 songs are some of the best modern metal I've heard.
    I first heard of Killswitch Engage when I was about 13, and As Daylight Dies was coming out. I heard some buzz going around on the net, because I was the lone metal listener in my school. I heard My Curse and thought it was genius. Heavy, had the melodic sound I was looking for, and it sounded new. After a while, I listened to the whole album, with none of them being close to My Curse. Even that song got stale after a while. I had long fallen in love with End of Heartache (I thought it was their debut for a long time.) However, when I heard they had a few albums before that, I snatched that shit up real quick, and when I first heard Alive or Just Breathing, that shit blew my mind. If I took it chronologically, it would have been very different. Thus ends my cool story bro.
    Numbered Days and Self Revolution are my faves off of that album. I love the bass on Self Revolution, its actually present unlike new KsE material