Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Connecticut school shooting: Reports say more than dozen dead

Comments

• Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,592 spicy boy
    The fact that pretty much every congressmen and women want more gun control is enough to tell me its not what we need lol
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,705 spicy boy
    http://samuel-warde.com/2012/12/kkk-protests-westboro-church/

The KKK is protesting the WBC protesting the funerals.
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
    If i was at a funeral and the WBC was protesting....id be going to jail that day...for destroying a motherfucker
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,705 spicy boy
    They're a bunch of pricks
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
    seriously i might end up in prison....i would be fucking furious
  • ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
    their not, our mental health system being is unacceptably broken. Reports are saying that he snapped cuz his mom was going to have him committed and having been there, done that i can honestly has... while i don't excuse it... i understand why he'd feel that way.
  • Me_Me_ Posts: 13,701 salt miner
    monicaa said:

I love that song too wake.. and I also thinkkk the exact same thing. I'm far from religious. But there's something about that song

It hits you guys because you feel there is something to it.

• Me_Me_ Posts: 13,701 salt miner
    rexum420 said:

I sent that cunt a message on fb and she answered....I dared her to go by those familes or funerals......she said it's been a busy day and they are on their way...I told her it's a matter of time before someone puts a bullet in her head.
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    SATAN said:

i feel like a sea change in our society's idea of what is "cool" is necessary more than gun laws

too many tough guys out there tryna act hard

To expand on this - Yes that is really the root problem. America glamorizes both violence and competition. Everyone in this country thinks they are entitled to greatness, and has to beat the competition. And when people start coming to grips with their shit of a existence not being what they had dreamed of, the need to find a way to make their mark on the world.

The real question is how do you change a culture. Cause that's the real problem... I don't think laws will change the culture. But as long as we as a society worship violence and the entitlement syndrome, this shit will just keep happening no matter how many gun laws you want to make.
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    as much as i hate to admit it, it's mostly rap music. i mean, it's really how corporations angle shitty tuff guy rap at young kids. but if you want to point a finger where the worship of violence and entitlement are coming from, look no further. and the worst part is that most of the shit they talk is all made up. jay z wasn't a crack dealer, he was a hype man for big daddy kane. rick ross was a fuckin' corrections officer, not a "don". but these young ass kids think its all real and try to position themselves to mimic their idols. there has definitely been a movement with record labels towards having rap albums be *just dirty enough* to where they can still sell it to kids. and there is overflow with other kids. like chris rock said in reference to marilyn manson, "you're from the hood? well i am from hell!" that type of escalation is unhealthy. i'm not sure how to stop it. i don't want things to be banned. i guess i just want parents to pay attention to what their kids are listening to. but, i mean...good luck on that.
    I think it's more than that. It's commercials. It's coach purses, gucci pants, it's tommy hilfiger, mtv and their idolizing pregnant teens and the cast of Jersey Shore. Paris Hilton is a piece of shit, and no one should even know of her existence but instead we give her a tv show. Instead of teaching our kids tolerance, values, and honor.... we sit them in front of the tv and tell them to worship self entitlement and sports scholarships to play in the nba.

Semi unrelated but I wanted to just tell this story now - Last night I went to my daughters girl scout award ceremony and art show. The girls had been working on art badges, and made all these art that they were selling. They sent home invitations and every girl was super excited about it. So I show up and there are like 12 really excited girls telling their parents about their art and the parents giving their kids a quarter for it. One girls parents decided not to show up. And she is sitting their super sad. And my wife comes over and tells her that her mom is coming later and she can show her then. So she kinda cheered up a little. Anyways, after everything was over the fat ass ghetto mom strolls in. She talks to another mom for 10 minutes while her daughter is patiently sitting there. She then spends another 5 minutes talking to her friends daughter and seeing all the art she did. She then walks over to her daughter and while the daughter is starting to tell her about the art, she sparks a new conversation with another mom. My wife goes over there and has her daughter tell her all about her art. I felt awful for this little girl. Her mom gives zero shits about her. broke my heart. I wanted to call CPS on her, but what would CPS do? No law about not giving a shit about your kids.... And that's not all that uncomon these days.
  • HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Gary said:

rexum420 said:

I sent that cunt a message on fb and she answered....I dared her to go by those familes or funerals......she said it's been a busy day and they are on their way...I told her it's a matter of time before someone puts a bullet in her head.
    Screenshot or didn't happen.
    edited December 2012

I think it's more than that. It's commercials. It's coach purses, gucci pants, it's tommy hilfiger, mtv and their idolizing pregnant teens and the cast of Jersey Shore. Paris Hilton is a piece of shit, and no one should even know of her existence but instead we give her a tv show. Instead of teaching our kids tolerance, values, and honor.... we sit them in front of the tv and tell them to worship self entitlement and sports scholarships to play in the nba.

i see your point. i just think that "gangsta" culture has bled into pop culture now and i kinda see everything as being under that umbrella. i mean, we joke about "baby-mommas" but the popularization of that nomenclature and how americans treat their co-parents has devolved based just on that silly term.

Semi unrelated but I wanted to just tell this story now - Last night I went to my daughters girl scout award ceremony and art show. The girls had been working on art badges, and made all these art that they were selling. They sent home invitations and every girl was super excited about it. So I show up and there are like 12 really excited girls telling their parents about their art and the parents giving their kids a quarter for it. One girls parents decided not to show up. And she is sitting their super sad. And my wife comes over and tells her that her mom is coming later and she can show her then. So she kinda cheered up a little. Anyways, after everything was over the fat ass ghetto mom strolls in. She talks to another mom for 10 minutes while her daughter is patiently sitting there. She then spends another 5 minutes talking to her friends daughter and seeing all the art she did. She then walks over to her daughter and while the daughter is starting to tell her about the art, she sparks a new conversation with another mom. My wife goes over there and has her daughter tell her all about her art. I felt awful for this little girl. Her mom gives zero shits about her. broke my heart. I wanted to call CPS on her, but what would CPS do? No law about not giving a shit about your kids.... And that's not all that uncomon these days.

as bad as she seems, the dad is prolly worse. the little girl is prolly fucked for life
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Satan in this thread: A Timeline

Yesterday:
    SATAN said:

I'm so sick of this culture of blame

Today:
    SATAN said:

as much as i hate to admit it, it's mostly rap music.

SATAN said:

i mean, it's really how corporations angle shitty tuff guy rap at young kids.

SATAN said:

these young ass kids think its all real and try to position themselves to mimic their idols.

SATAN said:

i see your point. i just think that "gangsta" culture has bled into pop culture now and i kinda see everything as being under that umbrella.

SATAN said:

we joke about "baby-mommas" but the popularization of that nomenclature and how americans treat their co-parents has devolved based just on that silly term.

My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
    SATAN said:

as bad as she seems, the dad is prolly worse. the little girl is prolly fucked for life
    What is really weird though.... They had an art teacher come in and teach them about painting expressions. happy, sad, mad, etc. I would say that every girl in there is extremely bubbly happy girls, except this one girl who seems depressed. Anyways, every girl painted either a really sad face or a really angry face except this depressed girl. She painted a really happy face. What the hell does that mean?

Yesterday:

SATAN said:

Today:
    SATAN said:

SATAN said:

SATAN said:

these young ass kids think its all real and try to position themselves to mimic their idols.

SATAN said:

i see your point. i just think that "gangsta" culture has bled into pop culture now and i kinda see everything as being under that umbrella.

SATAN said:

we joke about "baby-mommas" but the popularization of that nomenclature and how americans treat their co-parents has devolved based just on that silly term.

lol

but i didn't blame the shootings on rap music doe. i'm just stating that this shitty, chest-beating attitude has been indoctrinated via media. if you read what i said, i actually blamed shitty parenting. guilty as charged on that one

SATAN said:

What is really weird though.... They had an art teacher come in and teach them about painting expressions. happy, sad, mad, etc. I would say that every girl in there is extremely bubbly happy girls, except this one girl who seems depressed. Anyways, every girl painted either a really sad face or a really angry face except this depressed girl. She painted a really happy face. What the hell does that mean?
    imo, either she's trying to fit in by posturing as a happy kid or that she's actually happy and doesn't really perceive how less fortunate she is...yet
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    SATAN said:

Yesterday:

SATAN said:

Today:
    SATAN said:

SATAN said:

SATAN said:

SATAN said:

SATAN said:

lol

but i didn't blame the shootings on rap music doe. i'm just stating that this shitty, chest-beating attitude has been indoctrinated via media. if you read what i said, i actually blamed shitty parenting. guilty as charged on that one
    Jokin' all the way. Just thought it was funny.

If you ask me, what's worse than "shitty chest-beating" is the attitude that it's something to be honored to be violent or physically threatening. That's just as ridiculous as the modern culture that shuns and mocks the academically gifted. The smart ones are ridiculed in public schools, what a concept.
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    Good thing no one is asking you
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!