Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Teen Charged With 1st Degree Murder After She Strangles Her Newborn Baby.

Comments

• TortureQueenTortureQueen Posts: 805 just the tip
    they found a new born baby girl dead in the walmart bathroom here on friday.... wtf??
  • monicaamonicaa Posts: 7,109 destroyer of motherfuckers
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,281 mod
    I'm high as hell and I'm actually pissed off. It takes a lot to get me mad that's not sports related motherfucker.

• NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies

K?

You are dumb
    No. I'm just fucked up I guess that I find the Casey Anthony case worse because the kid was older
    I compared one thing, the shoe box

So are you saying that being duct taped, chloroformed, thrown in a trunk, etc isn't as bad? Both are fucked cases. The reason I think the casey case is worse is because of how old she was and what her piece of shit mother did and thought it was ok to do. Plus she got away with it. This 13 year old girl freaked out and killed her baby as soon as it was born. That's fucked up and she should have went and got an abortion but the problem is it isn't that simple especially for girls that age. She didn't want her parents to know so she did what she thought she had to do. It's tragic and unfortunate this happened because it could have been avoided. I'm sure they will make a huge example out of her case as well. This isn't the last we heard of this
    imageimage
  • That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    Yeah that was pretty fucking vile.

I have a question doe, does anyone think that it's a bit too much to charge her with 1st degree murder?

What she did was beyond gross, and she did technically kill a living human, but I don't know if I'd personally put that on par with what 1st degree usually constitutes. To be fair though I don't really know what I'd put it under, but still.

Thoughts?
  • 1D_for_life1D_for_life Posts: 13,785 destroyer of motherfuckers

Thoughts?

She should get hanged in front of the rest of her town.
    I think it's too much but it doesn't surprise me they're going after it
    imageimage
    They're trying to get the death penalty for her? Nice...
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy
    Where did I ever say it wasn't fucked? In fact last page I said that it was fucked up @leah
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,705 spicy boy
    I think its just. She killed an innocent baby. There were SO many other options she could have taken. But she took the irresponsible route and murdered it
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
    Death by strangling it is.
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy

I'm high as hell.

• OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy

Yeah that was pretty fucking vile.

I have a question doe, does anyone think that it's a bit too much to charge her with 1st degree murder?

What she did was beyond gross, and she did technically kill a living human, but I don't know if I'd personally put that on par with what 1st degree usually constitutes. To be fair though I don't really know what I'd put it under, but still.

Thoughts?

Everything about this is fucked. The girl shouldn't have done it, the charges shouldn't be what they are, and the story shouldn't have been a story. You can't possibly tell me that with all of the minds involved in this... the girl, the media, the family, the courts... could take a better course of action than slap on a 1st degree, tell everyone how awful this terrified girl is. No, I am not saying she should get off. It's fucked what she did and she needs to know, but also be helped. Someone in her position now has literally nothing to do but sit and take blind punishment from people she doesn't even know. I know there is a more appropriate way of dealing with this or anything like it.

That's it. That's all there is.

Blowing up a story like this disregards every single piece of logical action. Instead of dealing with this privately and constructively, it gets thrown to the wolves and the 14-year-old gets unfathomably slammed.
    I love winning with women
    inb4soyouthinkshesinnocent
  • That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    edited December 2012
    loldeathpenalty

But yeah, 1st degree murder isn't justified here IMO. She needs to be rehabilitated more than she needs to be punished. She was 14 and pregnant, I'd be losing my shit too.

EDIT: I actually posted this before seeing Alex's post. I totes agree doe.
    I would have at least applied for my own reality show so I would have to money to support the baby
    That's a big baby to deliver quietly
    And to hide the bump from your parents
    imageimage
    And being so little herself (I'm assuming since she's 14) I'm actually surprised she was able to deliver a 9lb baby.

Alex said:

I haven't even read more of this past skimming, but this sort of thing should not be publicized. It's completely unnecessary to release something like this to the public. Who the fuck wants to hear something like this? How does this benefit your day? This is one reason I despise big name journalism.

ignoring evil doesn't make it go away.
    I don't see this as 'evil.' I see this a an extremely tragic mistake.

I'm not saying it should be ignored. It simply shouldn't be the business of anyone else other than those directly involved. This girl doesn't need a lesson from the whole world.

Nobody has to know about something like this in the first place. What benefit is there to millions of people reading about this? Is there some poll that the investigators are going to start which we vote on her punishment? This isn't 1700 anymore, it doesn't matter.

Stories like this are public executions. No matter what happens, the girl will be labeled by this event for the rest of her life. She's fourteen.

Now two people are dead. Nice work.

We weren't the ones who had a living being inside of us at fourteen and were forced to make the decision. But it's fine for us to convict her, because obviously, even if we were in her exact situation with her mindset, we would have done something different.