Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

TINNITUS

124»

Comments

• SandyVaginaSandyVagina Posts: 618 just the tip
    its a first name from hundreds of years ago, probably a derivative of Andrew

I also highly recommend sign language classes for those who won't turn it down or protect their hearing. we know some basic sign and it really comes in handy sometimes
  • GnomezGnomez Posts: 17,550 master of ceremonies
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
  • Me_Me_ Posts: 13,701 salt miner
    edited December 2012

they do have cochlear implants for people who have permanently damaged their otic nerves
    and they are mostly used for children who were born deaf
    but they still have a really long way to go in tweaking and developing the technology

they basically drill a hole in your skull behind your ear and plug in a really bad microphone
    that makes everyone sound like they are talking to you in robot voices

and good hearing aids cost about $1,000 apiece.

There is no cure/fix for tinnitus because there is so many underlying conditions that can cause it. A clogged artery in your heart can cause it along with many other things (I just gave you one of the many causes though a clogged artery is unlikely). Today is a good day so far because I haven't heard no ringing YET. Day is still early. Here's the thing. If you leave a concert or a place where you were experiencing loud noises and your ears are ringing YOU DID DAMAGE. Ringing ears is a sign of damage to your ears. Protect yourselves people.

one time me and Brad went to a bar with some friends and when we left my ears were ringing :| I have no problem wearing earplugs to concerts, but I don't want to have to start doing that for going out with friends too...

I go to my friend Tony's house to watch football and before the games they play music pretty loud. I can't even stand it no more out of fear that my other ear might start ringing so I just go outside till they turn it down or whatever.

• SandyVaginaSandyVagina Posts: 618 just the tip
    I wasn't recommending cochlear implants to treat tinnitus. I was warning people that, unless they prevent the damage in the first place, they are in for very expensive consequences. and they are nowhere near where they should be in the technology for that so far.

and hearing aids don't always help either. the cheap ones only make everything louder, causing even more damage. you have to take an audiometry test to determine exactly what part of the tonal spectrum you can't hear well and have that range made clearer. kind of like getting tested for glasses and having the lenses cut just for you to help you see clearer.
    I was tested and I have high pitch deafness in both ears.
  • SkullAndCrossbonesSkullAndCrossbones Posts: 16,452 destroyer of motherfuckers
    hey bard, you should get your prostate checked out. can't be too careful. gonna plan ahead ya know?
    "That's another thing I love about metal, it's so fuckin' huge yet certain people don't even know it exists." - Rob Zombie
  • GnomezGnomez Posts: 17,550 master of ceremonies
    Mmmm its a great experience :-S
    gnomez checks his livestock's prostates all the time :>
    "That's another thing I love about metal, it's so fuckin' huge yet certain people don't even know it exists." - Rob Zombie
    Does he check them reverse cowgirl style???
    i think he just goes in head first with a flashlight