Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Vegetarian and vegan thread

mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
edited September 2012 in Off Topic
I just wanted to make a thread I know there are a few of us who don't eat meat so I thought it would be nice to have a thread to talk about various things with eating that way. Maybe share different foods or ideas you have had. I made it a poll to say what you are. If you eat meat that's cool I'm not here to try and convert you or tell you you are wrong. Just something new to talk about on here.
You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!

Vegetarian and vegan thread 29 votes

Vegetarian
6%
mrAPESATAN 2 votes
Vegan
3%
Heisenberg 1 vote
I eat meat fuck off
89%
NolaFree810Rex_Capone420NOLAEpisodeUPfreebirdMarcTheFallenGazorpazorpfieldHOODSfucketh_thine_selfThat_Guy_ArloNecrothulhuLiveFreeDieFIRENATHANIELHACKETTnoneyaStoned_CatzKridesBrideBrittMetalCoresadesWunderbarrrrstreetsChicken_Fucker 26 votes

Comments

• OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    I went vegetarian for a week a while back. It was interesting, but I don't know if I could do it for good.
    I love winning with women
  • jagjag Posts: 5,033 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Aka the why you starving yourself thread!!!! 8-}
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    Vegetarian
    I think the thing I have liked most about changing my diet is finding all of these new foods and recipes I had never had before. Some are shit but some are really good just like everything else. Oo and they make things like vegeburgers and soy burgers so I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything. Truth is I almost prefer the soy burgers because they remind me of high school lunches lol
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy
    I eat meat fuck off
    Lol Why do you miss high school lunches
  • MetalSSlayerMetalSSlayer Posts: 6,164 destroyer of motherfuckers
    My ex decided she wanted to be a vegan so any time I ate with her it was always vegetarian/vegan food. Some of it was alright, other stuff was just god awful.
  • GnomezGnomez Posts: 17,550 master of ceremonies
    My wife and I went out for dinner last night for our wedding anniversary
    I had Lamb Shank and she had Eye Fillet....nom nom

Vegetarian
    It all depends on how it's cooked up.

I have found that I love tempeh
    Sorry but I just couldn't be a vegan :-??
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,661 master of ceremonies
    I eat meat fuck off

Said she watched a video in school about the slaughtering of animals.
    And now she won't eat anything that had a face.

That's what happened to my best friend. Watched a video of animals being slaughtered and was never the same lol. That was like 7 years ago I think. She's been dying for some chick-fil-a lately :-?
    edited September 2012
    Your wife has the patience of a saint
  • Chicken_FuckerChicken_Fucker Posts: 15,691 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I eat meat fuck off
    fukkov I eat meat with a side of meat [-(
  • TigerTiger Posts: 2,116 balls deep
    I eat meat fuck off

fukkov I eat meat with a side of meat [-(

and bacon...

The day you need a gun and don't have one, may be your last.

• WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I eat meat fuck off
    When a waiter asks me how I want my steak cooked I say "how the fuck do you think I want it cooked? This is America! I want a bowl of raw red meat, right on the bone! Forget that! that'll take too much time. Just bring me a live cow, I'll carve off what I want and RIDE THE REST HOME!:
    Vegetarian
    I said I wasnt here to push things on others so I would like to ask the same respect even knowing the forum we are on.

up that sucks if I was her I would have said fuck it and only made food for myself.

I don't watch documentaries on anything so that's not how I came about changing my diet. Something had to change nothing was working but this seems to be. There are documentaries out there that are pretty brutal. One being called earthlings.
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    Vegetarian
    meat makes me sick to my stomach now, especially pork. i can barely look at it anymore
    Vegetarian
    How long has it been since you stopped eating meat and why did you stop?
    SATAN said:

meat makes me sick to my stomach now, especially pork. i can barely look at it anymore

• SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    edited September 2012
    Vegetarian
    i've been vegetarian off and on since high school. i was in a death metal band called narcolepsy and the singer had this video of all these animals getting tortured, killed and ground up in meat factories. it was with full audio, so you could hear them screaming and shit. that started it. i've had a few things come up along the way that kept me on track. like...last month i read this article on pigs that was detailing their intelligence. pig mothers sing their babies to sleep. i just can't do it when i know shit like that. i was swayed into eating poultry and fish by a girlfriend of mine back in '05-'06. i had an appendectomy in november of '06 that i almost died from. i kinda went on a big health kick in the wake of that. i haven't eaten meat since. i still drink milk and eat cheese, but sometimes i go without because i know what goes into that as well. my ex brother-in-law came from a family of dairy farmers. he told me all kinds of fucked up shit that they do. specifically, never drink pre-mixed flavored (chocolate, strawberry) milk because what happens is they hook those cows up to machines that pull the milk. the trigger to stop the pumping is when blood gets into the milk because they've pumped too much. this milk is taken and mixed with flavoring to cover it up. pretty gross
  • HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I eat meat fuck off
    i dont mind vegan food doe... i love falafel.