Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

How fair was PSU's penalty?

Comments

• NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    Too harsh
    i just dont see the point, if you think someone knew about the rapings then fire them, if they didnt know anything then leave them there and the program alone....why not just punish the people directly involved?
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,721 mod
    The people directly involved are going to jail.......
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
    Too harsh
    okay.... so then who are you penalizing??
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy

The people directly involved are going to jail.......

Sandusky is...the administration that knew about it might not...
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,721 mod
    The university and the football program. It was a complete institutional failure and these penalties are designed to change the culture and the mindset of a school that was dominated by football and its supposedly legendary program and coach.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
    Too harsh
    i still dont really get it... i mean do a full on investigation and remove anyone you think knew something... imo either nuke the program or just let them play... also vacating wins is the gayest thing of all time (unless the wins were due to a violation the impacted the actual game like point shaving).. one sicko raping boys doesnt negate a decade worths of players performances
  • GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    Lol I used to watch it religiously just for Woody Paige vs Jay Mariotti but of course some dbag cant keep his hands of his woman so the rivalry isn't there anymore haha
    image Photobucket
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,592 spicy boy
    Just right
    NolaMetal said:

i still dont really get it... i mean do a full on investigation and remove anyone you think knew something... imo either nuke the program or just let them play... also vacating wins is the gayest thing of all time (unless the wins were due to a violation the impacted the actual game like point shaving).. one sicko raping boys doesnt negate a decade worths of players performances

there was already a full on investigation...the NCAA has no where the resources to do it as fast as it was conducted as well....The reason the school is being punished is because they were not set up to handle this situation correctly...Every one failed....not only the people who knew about it...but also the system...it was set up to condone hush hush behavior and these sanctions are designed to teach the school a lesson in the way they run there institution

Too harsh
    rape in general is a hush hush situation, you realize only like 15 percent of rapes estimated are reported...now that is gonna come out wrong because i obviously dont condone anyone who knew anything about this.. but if your gonna do this much bullshit then just nuke the program or fire every one and start from scratch..at least theyre allowing the students to transfer but i have never understood punishing the people that come after stuff that has happened before
    Just right
    there not punishing the people that came after tho....some of those people ill be it maybe they didn't know....but some of them are still there...for ex. Ohio state...maybe Jim tressel isn't there still but the administration that allowed him to break rules under there nose is
    Too harsh
    then like i said do an investigation and fire them... or just let go of everyone who was at a certain level up or higher... i just dont like punishing innocent people for things
    Just right
    generally NCAA investigations take years....if a school is under investigation while your being recruited thats up to you to take the risk...in USC's case it took 4 years...any one who committed there knew what risk they were taking
  • ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
    Too harsh

Andy Katz: "Here's a difference between the two, people in Pennsylvania grow up wanting to play for Penn State, nobody anywhere grows up wanting to play for SMU"

this is true, every high school football player i knew wanted to go to penn state
    Just right
    you grow up there?
    Too harsh
    i grew up in PA. i knew people in 4 different schools districts football teams, all wanted to play college ball at penn state.
    Just right
    yeah its the same here....well not as much now that Michigan state has gotten better a lot of people have jumped on the band wagon....but when i was younger every kid wanted to play for Michigan
    Too harsh
    Paterno was considered a living legend in the PA high school football programs. The greatest honor you could get is being allowed to play under him.
  • ZmbieFlavrdCupcakesZmbieFlavrdCupcakes Posts: 32,259 jayfacer
    wheres the 'i dont care' option?
    imageimage
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Too lenient

wheres the 'i dont care' option?

It's called "don't post".