Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Maryland Deathfest Thread***

Comments

• RAZORRAZOR Posts: 7,664 jayfacer
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    Well if down headlines at least that means leaving to party a little earlier
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • jagjag Posts: 5,033 destroyer of motherfuckers

Well if down headlines at least that means leaving to party a little earlier

But returning for the last bands on the inside* A lot can be achieved in an hour in Baltimore.
  • ...... Posts: 31,548 master of ceremonies
    Do you guys really dislike Down that much? lol
    inb4lists
  • BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    PANTURRA
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
    I like their first album. Again, they aren't exactly an MDF caliber band. Allow me to share with you what MDF has on their website regarding the bands they aim for:

"After 10 years and over 300 bands representing over 20 countries, the Maryland Deathfest (or "MDF" for short) has developed into the premier metal festival in the United States, and one of the most talked about festivals internationally.

The concept of MDF is simple: to bring to the United States the best and most extreme bands the underground has to offer. Never conforming to trends, or being limited by genre restrictions, MDF is a showcase of what extreme music, both new and old, is capable of. With an emphasis on diversity, the festival brings together the very best death metal, grindcore, doom, thrash, hardcore, black metal, and experimental bands from all around the world. With bands from all over the U.S. and Canada, and exclusive fly ins and rare appearances from some of the most in demand bands from Europe, Australia, and Japan, the diversity of the lineup is only surpassed by the diversity of MDF's rabid fan base, who annually travel from all over the world for a weekend of fun and music.

Since MDF's inception in 2003, festival organizers Ryan and Evan have continued to strive to bring together some of the most legendary bands in the scene and some of the most talked about up-and-coming bands in the underground for an unparalleled experience. Combining the DIY attitude of two young metal fans who are actually part of the scene instead of trying to exploit it, with a refreshing professional touch, MDF is year after year given high marks for being one of the best run and most organized festivals around."

Again, I feel the same way about Exodus being on it as well. They could have done much better. Look at prior bands and headliners. Down is a little odd of a choice for a headliner. They aren't exclusive whatsoever. They aren't a jaw dropping addition to this festival. Now to throw them as a potential headliner for a day on the biggest metal festival in the US? That's irrational given the other bands on this festival.
    I'm not saying they should headline or that they should even be on the festival, but, idk I'd still watch them

:-??
    inb4lists
    Im just clarifying my mentality. I don't hate Down, but I stand on the side of the fence that thinks their inclusion on this fest this year is out of place.
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    downs first album is amazing
    second album is decent
    third album is pretty meh
    fourth album is ok i guess
    phil is a god and is amazing live and idc what anyone says is a decent dood and knows his metal
    they dont fit into the MDF vibe at all personally
    so, just because they're out of place is enough reason to ignore them?

Idk, whatever floats your boat man.
    inb4lists
    obviously i wouldnt ignore them..they kill live...
    NolaMetal said:

so is king diamond playing or not?

Brian made an interesting point to me. He said due to their uncertainty about Sleep/Down headlining, he felt that King was probably slated to play and headline that day but something either fell through or they are still TBD with him.

so, just because they're out of place is enough reason to ignore them?

Idk, whatever floats your boat man.

I'm banking on an overlap at Soundstage or I'll go back to the room to slam free alcohol, smoke weed, eat food and go to the strip club. Maybe do some merch shopping and do some bargaining since it's night time. A lot can change in 7 months but I have no interest in catching them at the present time.
    Regardless of seeing them live or whatnot, have you listened to the Purple EP?
    inb4lists

Regardless of seeing them live or whatnot, have you listened to the Purple EP?

Yes. I was pretty impartial to it. Good for the one listen and maybe the once or twice a year spin in the future, but that's the only worth I got from it.
    I really like the song Open Coffins
    inb4lists
  • RAZORRAZOR Posts: 7,664 jayfacer
    I think even The Melvin's as a possible headliner is a little weird.
    imageimage
  • BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    maybe next year BLS will headline
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
    well i like more bls songs then venom songs...
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Brian said:

maybe next year BLS will headline

Dont tease me like that Brian [-O<