Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

RANDY BLYTHE ARRESTED IN PRAGUE ON CHARGES OF MANSLAUGHTER

Comments

• mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    The only thing that really annoys me about all of this isthey accept the bail payment then put him back in jail.
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • jagjag Posts: 5,033 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Common practice in Czech law reigned supreme. The complaint filed to deny bail was accepted and the bail was ultimately denied.
  • SkullAndCrossbonesSkullAndCrossbones Posts: 16,452 destroyer of motherfuckers
    he should get his money back then. or did he already?
    "That's another thing I love about metal, it's so fuckin' huge yet certain people don't even know it exists." - Rob Zombie
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,592 spicy boy
    well with the news of him being denied bail that pretty much sets it in stone there not going to be on the tour....i wish they would come out and say something about it already
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    well with the news of him being denied bail that pretty much sets it in stone there not going to be on the tour....i wish they would come out and say something about it already
    Maybe they're trying to figure that out now. I would imagine they wouldn't wanna cancel it
    imageimage
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    I love Alex Skolnick a lot as a guitarist, but he went full derp with this statement regarding the Randy situation:

"One would like to think that simply being an American citizen comes with certain inalienable protection against mistreatment by foreign justice systems, especially those of European Union countries such as the Czech Republic. And it would seem like being a four time Grammy nominated singer would help. Apparently not."

It's this "nose pointed to the sky" mentality that contributes to the worldwide hatred for Americans.
    He's still salty that they ripped off Into The Pit
    Maybe they're trying to figure that out now. I would imagine they wouldn't wanna cancel it
    im sure there scrambling to get it figured out now

Maybe this means after he gets back they have to reschedule and I'll get a cincy date

Gotta look at the positives
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
    lol...with gojira and dethklok i think they can still pull the tour off
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,526 moneytalker
    I just want a "Free Randy" shirt.
    Pass the god damn butter.
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    His next bail hearing is is scheduled for Thursday, July 19.

" Next week's hearing will reportedly involve a panel of judges that meet to review the prosecutors bail challenge; they can approve the bail or annul the bail.

The Prague Monitor reports that district court judge Petr Fassati said that even after that ruling, a Prague attorney could still be allowed to again comment on bail.

Martin Holub, a lawyer at Šafra & Partners, told The Prague Post if bail is revoked, Blythe could be kept in prison for up to six months.

"The authorities will be concerned about him leaving the country and then having to begin extradition proceedings," Holub said. "If, however, the appeal court confirms the decision of the previous court, Randy Blythe should be released on the day that decision is made."

Jonathan Crane, a reporter from the Prague Post, told WTVR-TV that a legal expert believesthe Blythe's defense team should have quite a strong case. "Even if Randy was responsible for the alleged attack, the expert said that who is to say that he wasn't accidentally kicked or trodden on or left without help by fans below the stage," Crane said.

The U.S. Embassy in Prague on Wednesday released a very brief statement regarding Blythe: "The U.S. Embassy provides standard consular services to American citizens in need of assistance. We cannot discuss specific cases due to privacy concerns."
    imageimage
    Friend Of Deceased LAMB OF GOD Fan Claims None Of Concert Clips Capture Alleged Incident

According to Jonathan Crane of The Prague Post, a friend of the fan who allegedly died of fatal injuries sustained at a LAMB OF GOD concert in the Czech Republic more than two years ago claims that none of the video footage that has been released of the show is of the alleged incident, and that the band's lead singer, Randy Blythe, was to blame.

"There are many videos which do not even show [the alleged victim, Daniel N.]," the friend, who also attended the gig, told The Prague Post. "He got up onstage only once, at the end of the concert. Randy was brutal, and pushed Dan down where nobody could catch him. I don't think he meant to kill Dan. But I hope he will be punished."

This account appears to be corroborated by several Czech music sites, with a May 28, 2010 posting on the Sicmaggot blog claiming that Blythe had "behaved like he didn't care about the fans." Another review of the May 24, 2010 concert on Abysszine.com made note of the "mildly controversial approach from LAMB OF GOD toward stage divers."

Blythe remains behind bars in the Pankrác Prison in Prague after the Prague State Attorney's Office filed a complaint against the singer's release on bail.

On Monday (July 9), the attorney's office spokeswoman Štepánka Zenklová confirmed that the complaint was delivered to the Prague 8 district court last Friday (July 6).

Zenklová told the Prague Daily Monitor that she could not specify the justification of the complaint. The Prague City Court will deal with it now.

The complaint was filed with a Prague district court that was in charge of the case. It is to pass the decision-making on the bail to the City Court.

The City Court can either meet the complaint and annul the bail or it can approve the release on bail, and then the Prague attorney would comment on it again, district court judge Petr Fassati said.

Martin Holub, a lawyer at Šafra & Partners, told The Prague Post if bail is revoked, Blythe could be kept in prison for up to six months.

"The authorities will be concerned about him leaving the country and then having to begin extradition proceedings," Holub said. "If, however, the appeal court confirms the decision of the previous court, Randy Blythe should be released on the day that decision is made."

http://blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=176670
    "That's another thing I love about metal, it's so fuckin' huge yet certain people don't even know it exists." - Rob Zombie
    I don't think he gets released I think the actually bring him up on the charges and he actually has to go trough a trial where from there it could get bad because you will have a he said she said deal going on and the jury or judge would have to decide who is right.
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    i still don't get it. if you're not in the band, you technically shouldn't be on the stage. if i got on stage and someone pushes me off and i get hurt...it's my fault for getting on stage. end of story.
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy
    So now that guy is saying he was only on stage once?
  • SGNL_05SGNL_05 Posts: 3,501 just the tip
    i still don't get it. if you're not in the band, you technically shouldn't be on the stage. if i got on stage and someone pushes me off and i get hurt...it's my fault for getting on stage. end of story.
    This is what I had been saying
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    this is kinda like where they sue people with pools because someone else's kid breaks in and drowns in it
    That shit pisses me off so bad.

-kid walks onto yard
    -breaks leg
    -parents sue land owners

It's like if you had been watching your retarded child this wouldn't have happened it's not my god damn fault
    lol'd hard @ "retarded child" for some reason