Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Not for oldfags: Where do you plan on settling?

Comments

• laurjohn2laurjohn2 Posts: 6,951 balls deep
    as soon as i get my hearing aide straightened out i will answer your question.....
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    i can see the ocean from my front steps B-)
  • BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I'd like to stay in this area or move downtown. I would go to CA for the shows but I'd miss family and the Chicago crew too much
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I honestly have no clue. I'm putting in a lot of bids for my parents to give me our house in the will and that would be my only inheritance, but they don't like it. They want to cash out ASAP.

I have a girlfriend who I really want to go the long haul with, and she's trying to get a doctorate in psychology, so wherever she goes to school will be a huge influence. If I get good enough grades in the business school here I don't think I need to be picky as to where I live, but the good jobs will be in New York, Chicago and Washington.
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
  • monicaamonicaa Posts: 7,109 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Getting away from NY. Only goal I have right now.
  • SkullAndCrossbonesSkullAndCrossbones Posts: 16,452 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I have no idea if I want to stay in MI or not. On one hand I want to stay close to family and I love skiing, but on the other hand I'd love to live somewhere warm and by a beach.

Then there's the possibility of the Earth pooping and the ice caps melting and those lovely beach areas will be submerged. If that will happen in this lifetime, I don't know, but it still makes me think twice about living really close to the ocean.

Also yeah, want to get married and have a family of my own and stuff.

I'm mostly focusing on school and getting and internship right now though.
    the go to vermont, new hampshire, maine, california, oregon, or washington :-bd
    "That's another thing I love about metal, it's so fuckin' huge yet certain people don't even know it exists." - Rob Zombie
    i wouldn't live in NYC if someone paid me
    "That's another thing I love about metal, it's so fuckin' huge yet certain people don't even know it exists." - Rob Zombie
  • monicaamonicaa Posts: 7,109 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I hate NYC. And I hate NYS. Terrible place to live.
    sounds like you people need to come to jersey. party time!!!! \:D/ <:-P
  • Stoned_CatzStoned_Catz Posts: 34,915 jayfacer
    That doesn't answer the question, Erik.

And I wanna stay here. Love this city and it has everything I need and want.
    Yes, it does. That picture is exactly where I hope to be.
    sell y00z soul to the Devil faggot and polute the world wif ure ghay

[-(

blue turbins

From Those Fishes - I Fingered An Old Bitch (i got Aids on my finger)

I like NYC, but it's all just such a hassle. I'd only live there for some serious dough.
  • Stoned_CatzStoned_Catz Posts: 34,915 jayfacer
    its funnae erik wants to quit bein a wiggaz but he cant outta PRIDE and pride is a deadly sin

[-(

blue turbins

From Those Fishes - I Fingered An Old Bitch (i got Aids on my finger)

ayo, i just wanna say that episode 95 had one of the best videos of all time.
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    My goal after college is to be chosen in the first human settlement on mars.
  • KridesBrideBrittKridesBrideBritt Posts: 25,781 jayfacer
    While I'd like to live abroad, I don't see that happening till I'm in my mid-30's. Realistically, after I graduate, I'm probably going to end up a few towns away from where I am now (so, even closer to Philly) and save up so I can get a less-than-crap apartment in NYC in a couple years. I love this area. There's so much to do in this area. Maybe when I go back to school for grad school I'll luck out and enroll in a university abroad.
    kristianPhotobucketPhotobucket Trephination-Tuesday Nights/Wednesday Mornings...11pm-1am- http://wrsu.rutgers.edu/listen.html
  • 1D_for_life1D_for_life Posts: 13,785 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Well, I'm staying pretty close to home for college by only going 3 hours away. I'd like to attend grad school out of state though, but I'll probably stay in Texas
    if you smoke, im pretty sure weed is "barely illegal" in maine lol. i think anything up to 2 1/2 ounces is just a civil violation, you just pay a small fine. and growing 5 or less plants is just a misdemeanor (sp?).
  • KridesBrideBrittKridesBrideBritt Posts: 25,781 jayfacer
    edited May 2012
    I wouldn't mind living in Maine or any of those states. I just doubt there are many jobs up there that would appeal to me other than being a broke ass writer or artist.
    kristianPhotobucketPhotobucket Trephination-Tuesday Nights/Wednesday Mornings...11pm-1am- http://wrsu.rutgers.edu/listen.html
    nah, cali has earthquakes...
    Anyone who lives/has lived in California, please back me up by agreeing with me how ridiculous of a reason this is for not living somewhere.
    I'm hoping the economy picks up so finding jobs elsewhere won't be so difficult and stressful.
    It'll pick up in some ways and not in others. I'm not sure that many organizations are going to want to pick up more jobs to reach efficiency again until there's another breakthrough in technology and its expertise is needed. It's tough, but it's part of capitalism. Which also is stupid.
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,661 master of ceremonies
    Wine found a chick he wants to wife? Awwwwww snap!