Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The Pilot Mixtape IS FINALLY FUCKING HERE.

Comments

• EpisodeEpisode Posts: 32,049 destroyer of motherfuckers

Yea, so take a listen like right quick.
    As I write quick, 'bout my life, wit my right fist.

=D>
    Lol thanks. That whole 4 bars is my favorite in that verse:

"Yea, so take a listen like right quick.
    As I write quick, 'bout my life, wit my right fist.
    While the night dips, creepin' out, as the light flips.
    On, scribblin' wit a mission, to get on."

'Cause that was the exact setting while writing it "Night dips, creepin' out, as the light flips on." = that part of the morning where it's still half light half dark 'cause the sun's coming up and the night is "dipping"; leaving. The flow for that part is ridiculously dope too.
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,526 moneytalker
    I don't give a fuck if you like it or not
    I'm not hatin, instigatin, or conspiring a plot
    If im a boat I just have to see if rocks
    Somebody went and opened the box
    Biggies and Smalls, some too short and some so tall
    Packed in together but swe are not the same at all
    Dull, worn and faded, your shits so jaded
    No paper left to peel and you're so hated
    While I shine on like the rays of the sun
    Always on point cuz I'm the sharpest one
    Your agitated, over saturated
    Im so bright that I've got you captivated
    When pressured I just show more intensity
    Youll never get the best of me
    No one ever likes grey, I'll give it away
    Haters hate, but the players play on

this song was about two crayons

Pass the god damn butter.
    My point is that your writing is limited because everything is always about you. You have to find a way to expand it and make it more interesting to connect with other people better. I could talk about myself here all day, but the fact is that nobody really gives a fuck about my shit. Do you want to hear how my day was? Of course you don't, why would you? Keep that in mind when writing. The songs the people really love and hold on to are ones that they can connect with on their own level.

My point is that your writing is limited because everything is always about you. You have to find a way to expand it and make it more interesting to connect with other people better. I could talk about myself here all day, but the fact is that nobody really gives a fuck about my shit. Do you want to hear how my day was? Of course you don't, why would you? Keep that in mind when writing. The songs the people really love and hold on to are ones that they can connect with on their own level.

.......Which are written about someone's own life, but it's a relateable situation. For instance, Drake's tracks are all about him and his life, but so many people say they relate to his shit and he's who they go to as an emotional Rapper. All the tracks I relate to are tracks that the Rapper wrote about himself, but I share the same feelings/thoughts.

Let's use 2Pac for example. He was amazing at writing songs that put you both in his shoes as well as in someone else's shoes and made you think about things from other perspectives. "Shorty wanna be a thug" "Brenda's having a baby" "Dear Mama" "wonder why they call you a bitch" the list goes on and on. Biggie would talk about himself all day long, but he tell a tale as he did it, or paint a verbal picture with his words.

I'm not hating at all, its just my opinion that if you expanded your writing instead of it all being based on the same thing (you) your songs would be more diverse and interesting to listen to. Rapping about you rapping says nothing to me.

Let's use 2Pac for example. He was amazing at writing songs that put you both in his shoes as well as in someone else's shoes and made you think about things from other perspectives. "Shorty wanna be a thug" "Brenda's having a baby" "Dear Mama" "wonder why they call you a bitch" the list goes on and on. Biggie would talk about himself all day long, but he tell a tale as he did it, or paint a verbal picture with his words.

I'm not hating at all, its just my opinion that if you expanded your writing instead of it all being based on the same thing (you) your songs would be more diverse and interesting to listen to. Rapping about you rapping says nothing to me.

If all you got out of both of those verses was rapping about rapping, then I can't take any of what you said before that seriously.
  • LiveFreeDieLiveFreeDie Posts: 8,055 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Feel like Jobe is trying to give Erik some good advice... but Erik is getting all defensive.
    Death is not the worst of evils. You can't be down, when you're always high.
    No, not at all, but if he seriously read over those 2 verses and only walked away with "rapping about rapping", then I don't know what to say.

If all you got out of both of those verses was rapping about rapping, then I can't take any of what you said before that seriously.
    If you think that was a very direct statement towards you and not rap in general so you choose to ignore the whole point I was trying to make, then so be it. It doesn't surprise me, I expected any critique to fall on deaf ears, or to be met with outright hostility anyway. You determined that I was "just gonna hate" before I even posted, rather than be willing to listen to another opinion with an open mind. Rather than think about the opinion of another person, you would rather find any reason to completely dismiss it as invalid. When I say your flows would be better if you expanded your writing, you act as if that's not a valuable opinion because I said rapping about rapping is saying nothing (which is still a valid point) rather than to take that feedback under consideration. I guess rather than have a legit discussion on creativity in writing and using words to visualize a story, I'll sit and wait with baited breath for your next song about things you did, are doing, and plan to do.

Whydidieven.bmp
    Then you shoulda been more clear. I thought you were saying that those 2 verses were rapping about rapping, so yea, I disregarded what you said. But nah, what you said was fine, as you see, I'll listen and have a calm conversation about it when you don't jump straight to bashing like you used to.
  • ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
    i still think you'd be better off being a parody rapper, the Nyan Cat rap is still the best you've done by far. less cluttered niche as well.
  • BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Grind 'til Napalm Death; Blow up.
    You why?
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
    You why?
    Wut.
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    the bulls are red
  • BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    You why?
    Wut.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybGOT4d2Hs8
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
  • Stoned_CatzStoned_Catz Posts: 34,915 jayfacer

[-(

blue turbins

From Those Fishes - I Fingered An Old Bitch (i got Aids on my finger)

Would be nice if you could spell it right. Have another drink.
  • ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
    do a track to TROLOLOLOL
    I think you could do well with songs like this.
  • Stoned_CatzStoned_Catz Posts: 34,915 jayfacer
    Would be nice if you could spell it right. Have another drink.
    will haz another drink.....

ill break y00z teefvez

[-(

blue turbins

From Those Fishes - I Fingered An Old Bitch (i got Aids on my finger)