Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Comic books

Comments

• MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,696 spicy boy
    both sides are fuckin up. 

They're stuck in a weird loop of trying new things to keep things new and fresh, while also trying to push a more "equal" agenda with the characters, and at the same time keep things the same to appeal to purists and long time fans, and then rebooting when things get too out of hand. 

As a result, nobody is happy. 
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Yeah i've dropped DC completely and on the Marvel side i've been avoiding the Avengers and the big events. Just reading standalone books like Moon Knight, Hawkeye, Punisher, etc.

fuck keeping up with all that bullshit
  • NOLANOLA Posts: 6,353 jayfacer
    Jon Bernthal (“Wolf of Wall Street,” “The Walking Dead, ” “Fury”) joins the upcoming season of “Marvel’s Daredevil,” streaming only on Netflix in 2016! 

Bernthal will portray The Punisher, one of Marvel’s most popular characters. He is a vigilante who aims to clean up New York City’s Hell’s Kitchen by any means necessary, no matter how lethal the results. 

“Jon Bernthal brings an unmatched intensity to every role he takes on, with a potent blend of power, motivation and vulnerability that will connect with audiences,” said Jeph Loeb, Marvel’s Head of Television. “Castle’s appearance will bring dramatic changes to the world of Matt Murdock and nothing will be the same.”

More on Marvel.com: http://marvel.com/news/tv/24699/jon_bernthal_cast_as_frank_castle_in_the_netflix_original_series_marvels_daredevil#ixzz3cbBPvIkl

• MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,660 master of ceremonies
    HOLY FUCK
    HOLY. FUCK.
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,660 master of ceremonies
    Now if only Jason Statham would stop being a pussy and play Bullseye. 
    Now if only Jason Statham would stop being a pussy and play Bullseye. 
    I'm still convinced that was just a bullshit rumor started by the press. Would be dope though.
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    Yeah. I can't imagine being a villain in a tv show is especially interesting to a guy that headlines 2-3 movies a year
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    Had this on all day. Prophecy nigga

Sony Pictures and Marvel Studios are proud to announce that after a full worldwide casting search, Tom Holland will play Peter Parker/Spider-Man in the next Spider-Man film, in theaters in IMAX and 3D on July 28, 2017.  The film will be directed by Jon Watts, director of "Cop Car," the upcoming thriller that made its debut earlier this year at the Sundance Film Festival.

Marvel and Sony Pictures, and producers Kevin Feige and Amy Pascal conducted an extensive search for both the actor and the director.  The studios and producers were impressed by Holland’s performances in "The Impossible," “Wolf Hall,” and the upcoming "In the Heart of the Sea," and by a series of complex screen tests.  Following Marvel’s tradition of working with the brightest next wave of directors, Watts also went through multiple meetings with Feige, Pascal, and the studio, before winning the job. 

Commenting on the announcement, Tom Rothman, Sony Pictures Motion Pictures Group Chairman, said, “It’s a big day here at Sony. Kevin, Amy and their teams have done an incredible job.  The Marvel process is very thorough, and that’s why their results are so outstanding.  I’m confident Spider-Man will be no exception.  I’ve worked with a number of up-and-coming directors who have gone on to be superstars and believe that Jon is just such an outstanding talent.  For Spidey himself, we saw many terrific young actors, but Tom’s screen tests were special.   All in all, we are off to a roaring start.”

Feige commented, “As with James Gunn, Joss Whedon, and the Russo brothers, we love finding new and exciting voices to bring these characters to life.  We spent a lot of time with Jon and find his take and work inspiring.”

Pascal added, “Sony, Marvel, Kevin and I all knew that for Peter Parker, we had to find a vibrant, talented young actor capable of embodying one of the most well-known characters in the world.  With Tom, we’ve found the perfect actor to bring Spider-Man’s story into the Marvel Cinematic Universe.”

Sony Pictures will finance and release worldwide the next installment of the $4 billion Spider-Man franchise on July 28, 2017, in a film co-produced by Kevin Feige and his expert team at Marvel and Amy Pascal, who oversaw the franchise launch for the studio 13 years ago. Together, they will collaborate on a new creative direction for the Web-Slinger.

Spider-Man, embraced all over the world, is the most successful franchise in the history of Sony Pictures, with the five films having taken in more than $4 billion worldwide.

More on Marvel.com: http://marvel.com/news/movies/24758/sony_pictures_and_marvel_studios_find_their_spider-man_star_and_director#ixzz3duANzAnZ

• Stoned_CatzStoned_Catz Posts: 34,915 jayfacer
    Only fagz has comic books

[-(

blue turbins

From Those Fishes - I Fingered An Old Bitch (i got Aids on my finger)

Marvel is so fucked up now. They're trying so hard to be diverse that their bastardizing what made characters, characters, and making things so uninteresting. Its like any shmuck can be whatever hero they want. 

Dafuq is this?

http://www.newsarama.com/24938-is-the-identity-of-totally-awesome-hulk-this-totally-obvious.html

How about create new characters instead of changing and rehashing the same characters 100 times?
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    Damned if they do....damned if they don't 
    imageimage
    The indie companies have been doing fine creating new and original things. 
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    Those are indie companies though, big difference. Especially in fanbase
    imageimage

Marvel has announced that Elodie Yung has joined season two of Netflix’s Daredevil in the role of Elektra Natchios.

Yung, known for roles in G.I. Joe: Retaliation (above) and District 13: Ultimatum, will play the title character’s old flame who just happens to be a deadly ninja assassin. Or, as Marvel puts it, a “mysterious woman from Matt Murdock’s past whose dangerous and exotic ways may be more than he can handle.”

“After a worldwide search,  we found in Elodie the perfect actress to embody both Elektra’s impressive and deadly physicality, as well as her psychological complexity,” said Jeph Loeb, Executive Producer and Head of Marvel Television. “Paired with Charlie as Matt Murdock, the two will bring one of the most beloved and tumultuous comic book relationships to life with all the accompanying sparks and spectacular action sequences the show is known for.”

Elektra is well-known to comic fans as being one of Daredevil’s greatest loves, allies, and (occasionally) adversaries. Her existence in the Marvel Cinematic Universe was alluded to in season one of Daredevil during a flashback to Murdock and Foggy Nelson enjoying a night of college revelry. The character was previously played by Jennifer Garner in 2003’s Daredevil film and its (even worse) 2005 spinoff Elektra. 

Elektra is just the latest major Marvel character to join the hit series for season two; Jon Bernthal was recently cast as The Punisher, widely expected to be at least one of the show’s antagonists. The new additions join Cox, Deborah Ann Woll (Karen Page), Elden Henson (Foggy), and (presumably) Vincent D’Onofrio (Wilson Fisk/The Kingpin).

Batman TMNT teamup \m/
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    firestone walker union jack ipa

last beer of the night
    I love winning with women
    firestone walker union jack ipa

last beer of the night
    Wrong thread bitch