Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The Concert Review Thread

Comments

• KridesBrideBrittKridesBrideBritt Posts: 25,781 jayfacer
    I'm so glad I didn't pay to see them solely, it was a day long show and they were the 2nd band on.
    kristianPhotobucketPhotobucket Trephination-Tuesday Nights/Wednesday Mornings...11pm-1am- http://wrsu.rutgers.edu/listen.html
  • laurjohn2laurjohn2 Posts: 6,951 balls deep
    AA's new song Alive is pretty good. i will probably get their CD when it comes out. Never saw
    Duff's loaded
    edited August 2010
    Never saw Duff's loaded
    Do yourself a favor and don't see them.
    kristianPhotobucketPhotobucket Trephination-Tuesday Nights/Wednesday Mornings...11pm-1am- http://wrsu.rutgers.edu/listen.html
  • laurjohn2laurjohn2 Posts: 6,951 balls deep
    Biggest surprise of last night is liking bass playing from chip Znuff and guitaring from a guy from bang tango
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,721 mod
    Never saw Duff's loaded
    Do yourself a favor and don't see them.
    Here's hoping he stays with Jane's Addiction.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
    Here's hoping I can see Jane's Addiction.
  • GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    edited August 2010
    ^Same (was intended when Britt first spoke of Duff). I missed part of Hurt's set just to see if they were good.

Anyway I posted my review in the Mushroomhead thread. Rhyme. I doubt anybody wants me to post the whole gigantic thing in here. So I'll say it was great, I was at a rave with people glowing and raining glowsticks along with catching money. After that Mushroomhead came up and an old friend of mine became a cage dancer. Set was amazing. I made friends with a security guard, he was funny.

Here's a couple pics
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    image Photobucket
  • Its_Meh_ChewIts_Meh_Chew Posts: 7,380 just the tip
    Remind me not to go to a show that has 10 locals and 9 touring bands ever again.
  • GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    What the hell kind of show was that?
    image Photobucket
    ^ Over the Limit. The doors opened at 1 and the jaxx site didn't mention any locals. I had to suffer through 5 hours and 10 mosly shitty locals to get to the good stuff. Most ranged from loud and bad pig squeel deathcore and or attack attack wannabe screamo bands, complete with most being bare foot, and doing the retarted looking 2 step dance. Burning the Masses is about to start.
    In what could be called bull shit of the highest order. As Blood Runs Black was forced to cut their set early before doin My Fears Bwcome Phobias. They were great otherwise. I'll do a ful review when I get home
    sorry if this sounds more like a rant then a review ( i did get some sets down) But whoever booked this event should be fired. As many of you who have gone to Jaxx in the past know that they love to put local bands on shows with national touring acts which is fine. Now for this tour, on the website and all, there was no mention of any locals at all, with a 1pm doors, which i thought sweet, each of the 9 bands will get plenty of time and we'll be out of there by 9pm. Well as it turns out (i didnt find out exactly til i checked the jaxx twitter page about 2 locals in) that indeed 10 local bands got booked in addition to the 9 main touring bands, so thats 19 bands in a 10 hour span of time. And boy did most of the locals suck. It was either one of the two (or a combination) Bands that must of watched the "stick stickly" attack attack video on a loop and studied it, as almost all of the bands did the same retarted looking 2 step walking in place dance, and looking very scene (and sounding horrible) or the broootal deathcore complete with 90% pig squeels. And depending on the band, some got little to no reaction (mainly a golf clap if that after songs) or a big one from the hxc crowd.

Finally at a few minutes before 6:00pm the first schedueld band started
    This Or the Appocalypse. they really woke the crowd up and really got the pits going. Also the lead singer dove into the crowd a few times (which is kind of hard at jaxx, as the stage is maybe 2 feet off the ground and the only "rail" is this long metal rail about 4 feet off the ground). 7/10
    Blind Witness. Def wanted to check them out as they were one of the reasons i came early (or so i thought) and they didn't disapoint. Lots of energy from the band, and they played my fave song by them "baby one more non" last 8.5/10 (would of been higher but they only got 20 min)
    circle of contempt. pretty generic deathcore band to me, but the lead guitarist def had some skill as he could def. legit solo (and not the simple "sweep suicide silence type solo)
    Burning the Masses. Man they were awesome. got the crowd back in it, and their newer stuff is def very technical and not just breakdown heavy deathcore. Also the girl next to me was screaming every line. I also got a drumstick from them as well 9/10 (again would be higher but they only got a 20 min slot)
    Thick as Blood. Crowd was dead again for them. Kind of sounded like hatebreed or the other similar sounding bands with a little metal influence 4/10
    The Tony Tap Dance Extravaganza. Awesome band. Their guitarist can def shred with the best of em and he played an 8 string guitar too. Played about 25 min. Would of def prefered a longer set 9.5/10
    Yippie Kay yay Mother Fucker
    I am Sammy Jenkins
    Deep on Charlie
    ???? (sounded like something cowboy)
    Pardon Me, But I Am The Ocean
    The Union
    Arsonists Get All The Girls. they had technical problems to start, but i guess it all worked out. The Guitars were mixed way too loud and the vocals weren't mixed loud enough (as well as the keyboard). so this is a best guess at the setlist (not in order)
    Mantipede
    Violence In Ruin
    42nd Ego
    Shoeshine For Neptune
    My Cup is Half Empty
    Robando De Los Muertos
    So You Think You Know About the Game of Life (at the end everyone switched instruments and they finished the song that way which was cool
    As Blood Runs Black. Now here's where the rant prob will come in. Arstonists took longer then expected to set up, and was given the go ahead to do a 25-30 min set (the set times said they only were supposed to play 20 min)
    anyways here is the ABRB set (i think)
    Intro
    brigther side of suffering
    stirfil (chug chug)
    new song
    ????
    In dying days
    ????
    and that was it. After the final song they said good night, stick around for oceano, and the house lights came on. People were pissed, and some chanted one more song (cause they didn't play My Fear, which is their most popular song), but they said they didn't have time, as they had to be off stage by 10:45. Now i don't know anything about concert promoting or how that shit works, but would it have really killed anyone to let them have 4 more min. As Oceano was set to only have a 35 min set and they would be done by 11:35. Or did they wanna be extra strict with the set times (i got out of there prob around 10:55 or 11 and there was no way in hell Oceano was gonna start at 11.
  • AdamAdam Posts: 11,533 balls deep
    warped tour chicago
    This was a great show minus the shitty bands haha

Parkway drive i love this band
    Awesome show the new songs are fuckin sweet love.

emmure you can hate this band but fuck
    They ripped shit up i got fuckin crushed.
    I got a shirt from them that says ask your girlfriend how my dick
    Tastes haha.

Etid wow man great set lots of energy
    Need to see them headline.

Dillenger escape plan were next
    Best live band fucking ever they just destroyed the stage
    Perfect set . They run all over that stage

Andrew wk awesome live party music ftw.
    i saw some of the casulites they were cool.

Saw the end of sucide silence love them.

I saw attack attack next wow they were awesome
    They can get a crowd going. Good set
    Best song is that song on the second album with rap in itt.

Saw whitechapel next
    I loved seeing these guys again.
    Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
    I wonder what you thought were the "shitty bands"
  • HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
  • That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    lmao, I was thinking the same thing.

And good review Chew, sucks hearing that all the bands got so little time, hopefully that isn't the case for all their other dates.

Also does ABRB have a friggin date set for their next album to release??? It's been over 4 damn years, lol.
  • AdamAdam Posts: 11,533 balls deep
    All the bands on kevin says stage and the skull candy stage
    And the bands on the mainstage besides iwabo .
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    edited August 2010
    emmure you can hate this band but fuck
    They ripped shit up i got fuckin crushed.
    I got a shirt from them that says ask your girlfriend how my dick
    Tastes haha.

sigh,

anyways here is carnival of madness
    10 years: dont like them but sounded live like they do on cd so if you do like them then youll enjoy there set. 5/10
    sevendust: i really enjoy watching this band live, there cool guys with lots of energy 9/10
    puddle of mudd: Wes is a funny dude, not to shabby 8/10
    chevelle:better than the first time i saw them, pretty heavy for a three piece band. 9/10
    shinedown:as much as i dont care for there boring radio rock songs that all sound the same, they did a decent job. the lead singer and guitarist are kind of gay for each other lol . i hate bands that think there to cool for you and shinedown was not one of them, they seemed very humble and what not 8/10

hate watching concerts from a seat but oh well still was worth the money in the end, had a good time. looking forwar to ozzfest next!
    lmao, I was thinking the same thing.

And good review Chew, sucks hearing that all the bands got so little time, hopefully that isn't the case for all their other dates.

Also does ABRB have a friggin date set for their next album to release??? It's been over 4 damn years, lol.
    singer said they are indeed working on it. If i had to take a guess, it will prob be out by winter of this year or very early next.
  • HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
    the fail of this never gets old...
    Photobucket