Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The Concert Review Thread

Comments

• OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    once Im home ill unleash the review
    I love winning with women
    before I go into this, new yob song at 32:00

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slBb4HFgrfw
    I thought it was ok... i was a little let down but it wasnt bad. just hopefully the rest of the album isnt all of that.
  • MenAreTrashMenAreTrash Posts: 27,667 spicy boy
    You know what the middle song in their set was? I know the first is quantam mystic and the third/last is grasping for air, but don't know the middle song
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    Damn that crowd was rowdy!!
    I mean I know ya ain't gonna nosh to yob bit at least fuckin headbanger or something.. They sounded haf
    dude fuck the LA crowd holy shit. almost every fucking person there was >9000 hipster. vests over flannels with thick glasses, many with just rims, all sipping pbrs and too cool to get involved. but goddamn la gets dope shows.

You know what the middle song in their set was? I know the first is quantam mystic and the third/last is grasping for air, but don't know the middle song

maybe they switched it up for you... our was quantum, grasping, kosmos (probably that) and the new song part
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,281 mod
    fries said:

dude fuck the LA crowd holy shit. almost every fucking person there was >9000 hipster. vests over flannels with thick glasses, many with just rims, all sipping pbrs and too cool to get involved.

So you were at home?

alright Im ready to stop being a faggot and post my review of neusoris...
    NEUROSIS/BL'AST!/YOB/HELEN MONEY

went over with four other friends. stayed in a cheap hotel in santa ana and just drank. shit was cash.

we got to the venue which was basically in an industrial park. shit tripped me out. but the venue itself was awesome. two tiers, all GA, bar on both levels, comfortable booths on the upper level for chilling and watching the show, and even a side stage venue inside. three of my friends went in when we arrived at the place, but one of my friends and myself waited up to meet up with his friend who was gonna smoke us out. met mike from yob in the meantime and he was a cool ass dude.

all this was great but holy fucking hell fuck that crowd. Ive never seen more stereotype hipsters in my entire life. got annoying fast.

HELEN MONEY - dope. she plays the cello or something along with a laptop for sample purposes and it came out so fucking cool. Id love to see that again. 8/10

YOB - sounded great, but they played nothing off atma or great cessation. but on the bright side we did hear 3/4 of unreal so that was pretty neat. 8/10

BL'AST! - I was excited when I heard they were opening because I found out nick oliveri was in it. terrible. whoever the fuck decided they should open was stupid. for starters, the band was hardcore punk which isnt my thing in the first place. secondly, this was a doom show and they killed the mood hard. 2/10

NEUROSIS - my friend (whos favorite band is neurosis and he had never seen them before) and I moved as close as we could and got really good spots. that venue has a stage thats closer to the crowd than most places of its size here. they didnt play through silver in blood but they sounded damn great. I came in liking neurosis and left loving them. set was a solid hour 45 long. 9/10

YOB

NEUROSIS

unrelated to the review of the show but I did want to share this since I dont think anyone else has visited sky valley...

on the way back we stopped there. they changed the wooden sign out for a metal one though. but we left our mark on the sign's back, joining others from around the world:

• ...... Posts: 31,548 master of ceremonies
    Reggie & The Full Effect were fucking awesome, they even covered Raining Blood at one point. Their vocalist had everyone in tears more than once, dude is hilarious.

Dads were pretty cool as well, they're like The Black Keys meets RX Bandits. Good stuff.
    inb4lists
    edited February 2014
    Thu - Holy shit Scorpion Child fucking rocked! Unfortunately do to the opening bands taking their sweet ass time loading up SC's set was cut by two songs :-L . Also, Job For A Cowboy's drummer quit the band and is now in Scorpion Child, he definitely makes the band a little heavier, but not to the point where it's overkill. Nonpoint were decent, nothing overly great, but not bad.

Fri - Nocturnus A.D were fucking perfect, Mike Browning is a madman on drums. And of course Obituary are always fucking awesome to see, they even played 3 brand new songs never before played.

Sat - Enslaved ^:)^ ^:)^ . Amon Amarth were on point for sure, Johan is a master at working the crowd. I enjoyed Skeletonwitch most of all though, they were technically flawless, and Chance sounded perfect. If this tour comes near you, GO.
    Post edited by ... on
    inb4lists
    Here's our show review and photos from Amon Amarth/Enslaved/Skeletonwitch + the Skeletonwitch interview.

http://riseabovetheanchor.com/show-review-amon-amarthenslavedskeletonwitch/
    inb4lists
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy
    new_erik said:

i wanted dahlia to sign my fake but then i couldnt use it

fuck =)) if i go to the decibel tour i'm going to have them do this =))
    edited February 2014
    Tried as shit, gonna make this short/sweet.

Inter Arma - Awesome mixture between black and stoner metal, super cool dudes, check em' out.

KENmode - The RC crowd wasn't completely sure what to make of this band, but they were my favorite set of the night. KM make me think of a much darker Norma Jean, they were crazy and pretty chaotic live, their guitarist/vocalist fucking looked possessed lol

Russian Circles - Their drummer fucked up twice, but for the most part they were incredibly tight, by favorite the best instrumental band out there (besides Pelican).

Overall, show was an A.

Russian Circles

Harper Lewis
    Geneva
    Schiphol
    Deficit
    Carpe
    Burial
    Mladek
    -

KENmode

Counter Culture Complex
    The Hammer Party
    No; I'm In Control
    The Promises Of God
    Your Heartwarming Story Makes Me Sick
    Book Of Muscle
    The Terror Pulse
    -

Inter Arma

???
    ???
    The Survivor Fires
    ???
    ---

(for anyone attending this tour)

Russian Circles merch wise, they had Memorial and Empros on vinyl for $15, all 5 CDs for $10 each, and a vinyl slip mat for $5.

KENmode had their last 3 albums on vinyl $15, CD $10-12, and one album on cassette for $8.

All shirts for all bands were $15.
    Post edited by ... on
    inb4lists
  • That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies

RS

Russian Sircles \m/
    lol whoops
    inb4lists
    Russian circles is instrumental?

No wonder why I give 0
    I forgot why
  • NOLANOLA Posts: 6,353 jayfacer
    edited March 2014
    311 Day 2014 in the books!

1. Don't Stay Home
    2. Freeze Time
    3. Borders
    4. Other Side of Things
    5. What Was I Thinking
    6. How Long Has It Been (live debut)
    7. Full Ride
    8. Jackolanterns Weather
    9. Five of Everything
    10. Do You Right
    11. Brodels
    12. Nutsymptom
    13. Get Down
    14. Grassroots
    15. Two Drops In the Ocean
    16. Wild Nights
    17. Make It Rough
    18. DLMD
    19. Strong All Along (w/ Rebirth Jazz Band)
    20. Sunset In July (w/ Rebirth Jazz Band)
    21. Little Brother (live debut)
    22. Beautiful Disaster
    --Intermission--
    23. Slinky
    24. Long for the Flowers
    25. Flowing
    26. Can't Fade Me
    27. Ebb & Flow
    28. Six
    29. TP&P Combo
    30. Revelation of the Year
    31. Seal the Deal
    32. Visit
    33. Weightless
    34. Sicktight
    35. Rub A Dub
    36. Crack the Code
    37. Jackpot (w/ Unity Orchestra)
    38. Sometimes Jacks Rule the Realm (w/ Unity Orchestra)
    39. Coda (w/ Unity Orchestra)
    40. Use of Time (w/ Unity Orchestra)
    41. Time Is Precious (w/ Unity Orchestra)
    42. Dreamland
    43. Beyond the Gray Sky (w/ Unity Orchestra)
    44. Will the World
    45. Eons (w/ Unity Orchestra)
    -- Intermission--
    46. Livin' & Rockin'
    47. Plain
    48. Hey You
    49. Sweet
    50. Showdown
    51. Bomb the Town
    52. Whiskey and Wine
    53. Applied Science
    54. First Dimension
    55. My Stoney Baby
    56. Still Dreaming
    57. Unity
    58. My Heart Sings
    59. Who's Got the Herb?
    60. Sun Come Through
    61. Feels So Good
    62. Creatures (For A While)
    --Encore--
    63. Freak Out
    64. Damn
    65. Fuck the Bullshit

Maybe I'm just getting too old for this shit, but I could stand for the second half of the show. My back is killing me right now. But fucking phenomenal show!