Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The Concert Review Thread

Comments

• FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy
    vigil live ^:)^
  • balanced_void91balanced_void91 Posts: 2,782 balls deep
    Did anyone here go to the Black Dahlia Murder and Skeletonwitch shows at all? If so what can you tell me about merch. any vinyl being sold by either one of the bands?
  • GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    BDM merch looked the same as always so I didn't look at it too much, I have enough shit from them. Skeletonwitch tour shirt has the artwork on the front. They also have shorts that I ended up buying...and wearing right now. Some other cool designs. I know they had Serpents on vinyl.
    image Photobucket
    BDM also had the Breakfast shirt that they said was exclusive to 100 or something that they sold on indie merch. Thought that was bs. At least mine was only $6.
    image Photobucket
    Did you see em walking around?
    edited November 2013
    Yeah after the show. They were all fucked up. Should have smoked with them, but I tried with Skeletonwitch instead. I know they would have, there weren't even packing up at the time.
    image Photobucket
  • AdamAdam Posts: 11,533 balls deep
    Can't wait for that black dahlia murder show \m/
  • balanced_void91balanced_void91 Posts: 2,782 balls deep
    TOMORROW NIGHT \m/
    Downtown Brown

It was a homecoming/release party for Downtown Brown. Never been to Smalls before. Tiny place with street parking only, so I drove around the block a couple times looking for a spot. Missed the first band, supposed to be some ska group. I made it in time to see JP FROM THE HP. Well shit. I will give him credit for being funny. He's friend/singer/mc came out and did a wrestling type intro, and then said something about sponsors and read a spanish advertisement. This was a fat motherfucker in a cream suite with no shirt under it, and halfway through the set only one button was keeping it closed. He was a terrible singer when he tried, but that was part of one of his songs, so eventually I figured out that he couldn't be serious about anything he was doing up there. Next up was some band called Ideamen. Not sure how to describe them, but it was pretty cool. Half the crowd disappeared when they went up it seemed like because they were all in the fucking band. Finally around 12 Downtown Brown heads up stage. They shred it. By far the most interesting crowd I have been in. What I thought was nothing but a ton of hipsters was just a fucking diverse mess. There was a group of about 3 extremely gay guys, some older drunks who stumbled upon DTB awhile ago and have followed them since, your regular hipsters, and just a mess of other people. And since doors were at 8, they were all drinking for a good 4 hours by the time DTB went up. Everybody was dance, everybody was moshing, everybody was doing fucking everything. One of the fucked up gay dudes flicked up Neebo, at which point Neebo goes "Aw dude what'd I do to you?" So the gay guy waves him in like a "Let's hug" and then kisses him on the lips. So many quotes from the night. "We just got home after 4 fucking weeks on the road. Last night I got to sleep in my own goddamn bed. You know what that means? Last night I got to masturbate in my own goddamn bed" They had their friend come up and do sax on a couple songs, only the second time I've seen him out of I think 5 shows now. Extremely surprised there wasn't a bass solo, Ron is fucking sick on the bass and I've seen him do solo's before and this is the first time I saw them headline. Only the third or fourth time that I've ever seen an unplanned encore. They finished up and were already talking to people by the merch table, but there were so many drunk people screaming "Downtown fucking Brown" that they ran back up on stage.

I don't know what it is. There is not a single band out there that sounds so bad on CD but is so amazing live. Seriously the music is almost intolerable unless you are watching them.
    image Photobucket
    So i lit my joint during moonlight equillibrium and hamded it up to trevor and he hit it and let brian hit it \m/ \m/ \m/
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,593 spicy boy
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    kse/log was the tits, hard to stay conscious at the moment
    Also they played what a horrible night
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,593 spicy boy
    pitORdie said:

what a horrible night

Not surprised that it was a bad night
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Xenocide said:

kse/log was the tits, hard to stay conscious at the moment

Did Killswitch really play Into The Unblind? Someone posted the set on MS but idk if its bogus.