Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The Concert Review Thread

Comments

• MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,706 spicy boy
    Scream For A Prayer and iwrestledabearonce :-q
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies

Scream For A Prayer

It's Scream THE Prayer, faggot.

[-O< \m/
    edited July 2013
    Oh my bad. Big difference. Scream THE Prayer is cool.
  • That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    edited July 2013
    Edit: Fuck you and your devil worship music
    2kvlt4u
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,593 spicy boy
    Your both faggots
  • ...... Posts: 31,548 master of ceremonies
    mrAPE said:

Hilarious considering you went to scream the prayer tour

ID/Gideon/WATG/TGC/FFAK > IWABO

Plus it was free, and I had two interviews, so b-(
    inb4lists

Your both faggots

You're
    inb4lists

Scream For A Prayer :-q

Idk, just found this funny considering you believe in what these bands sing about. Not trying to bust your balls or anything, just funny.
    inb4lists
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    All the bands on that tour suck dude
    edited July 2013

Idk, just found this funny considering you believe in what these bands sing about. Not trying to bust your balls or anything, just funny.
    Surprisingly I dont listen to too many Christian bands. Antestor, Becoming The Archetype, and As I Lay Dying is really it.

Edit: used to like Demon Hunter a lot too. Haven't listened to them lately though.
    Even if that were true, and I hated/disliked every band, I can't turn down a show to cover just cause I don't love the music.
    inb4lists

Surprisingly I dont listen to too many Christian bands. Antestor, Becoming The Archetype, and As I Lay Dying is really it.

Edit: used to like Demon Hunter a lot too. Haven't listened to them lately though.
    BTA just played a tiny ass venue here with Shai Hulud I think, wanted to go.

Do you like King's X, Blindside, Maylene & The Sons Of Disaster, In The Midst Of Lions, Thrice?
    inb4lists
    I don't like Thrice. Never listened to the others.
  • BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers

mrAPE said:

Hilarious considering you went to scream the prayer tour

ID/Gideon/WATG/TGC/FFAK > IWABO

Plus it was free, and I had two interviews, so b-(
    Interviews with two terrible bands that no one cares about

Drink bleach
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG

I don't like Thrice. Never listened to the others.

You've never listened to King's X? And you're a prog fan?
    inb4lists
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    edited July 2013
    Lol kings x sucks dick
    I like prog, but I surprisingly don't listen to a whole lot of it. I'm a bit picky when it comes to prog too. In the sense that I don't overly enjoy bands that just wank off their instruments the whole time IE Dream Theater ( I like Dream Theater, but I don't find myself listening to them very often and they aren't at the top of my prog bands because they chose to wank off instead of writing good music)
  • TiradesOfTruthTiradesOfTruth Posts: 8,055 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Killswitch Engage -- Pontiac, Mi -- July 7th, 2013

Got to the Crofoot Ballroom a bit before doors open to an already very long line for people with tickets waiting to get in and an even longer one for people trying to buy tickets. So we get in line when I hear a story of a 12 year old stealing a truck about 20 minutes before I showed up, so that had me entertained then about 10 minutes later the same truck that was stolen drove by. I didn't see it but everyone said their was a kid who could barely see over the steering wheel was driving it. That's Pontiac for you I guess. Other things that happened before the show was Adam D taking his daily jog I guess and said "I'm probably gonna get stabbed?" to which everyone responded with a yes. Finally we get in and the place fills up very quickly where I also found Jay.

Affiance - Never really listened to these guys before the show so I had no clue what I was going to be hearing and it was basically metalcore with mostly clean vocals. It was strange but it strangely kinda worked good together. I just couldn't get into the dude's vocals though. The band's guitarist was very skilled and where I kept most of my attention for most of the set. The dude could seriously shred. You could tell the crowd was eating it up though with a pit breaking out combined with a lot of jumping in unison which in my opinion is dumb as shit but to each his own I guess. If you are looking for something different in the core scene these guys are definitely not it but they weren't that bad I guess. 6.5/10

The Word Alive - Not really my thing. The crowd ate these guys up so I was definitely in the minority during their set. It was nothing but breakdown after breakdown with the occasional solo thrown in. The only real good thing about the set was the As I Lay Dying cover which was actually pretty well done. Other than that is was generic metalcore with very meh vocals thrown in. 4/10

Darkest Hour - Second best band of the night without a doubt. Opening up with Doomsayer was a great choice because it fucking rips. At first the crowd wasn't really sure how to react assuming a lot of them probably never listened to Darkest Hour but they slowly got going which was a nice sight to see. Other highlights included Sound The Surrender, Savior The Kill, and The Sadist Nation. The band all sounded good and I look forward to seeing them again in the future. 8.5/10

Miss May I - Again not really my thing but definitely better then The Word Alive. They to me are a As I Lay Dying jr. when it comes to their sound. They have a couple of decent tracks and a few parts in some songs that I like but overall its nothing mind blowing good. They are doing what has been done for the past 10 years and are pretty good at doing it I guess. The crowd dug the fuck out of them and they all sounded pretty good. They just aren't anything I'm really interested in anymore. 7/10

Killswitch Engage - Finally the band I had waited all night to see came on. I have always wanted to see a Jesse fronted line up when I finally checked out Alive Or Just Breathing for the first time but I wasn't sure if that was ever going to happen, but it finally has and it was great. They came out in full force and the crowd wen't crazy from the beginning to the end. They played a very good combination throughout all of their discography excluding their 2009 self titled release. The band itself sound very good every note sounded clean and Jesse sounded great considering the tour is almost over and some vocalists sound worn out by this time. Adam D was being his goofy as self talking about tit sweat and chugging multiple beers. This show was much better than the only time I saw them with Howard not only because it was in a club but Howard seemed very disinterested when I saw them last and it wasn't in the greatest environment to see them. The highlights of the set were Rose Of Sharyn, Fixation On The Darkness, This Is Absolution, My Last Serenade, and hearing Vide Infra made my whole fucking night. It's one of my favorite tracks off of AOJB and to hear it live was a treat. A great set from a band I haven't seen in years I left very happy. 9/10