Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The Concert Review Thread

Comments

• mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    (:|
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    Mayhem Festival 2013
    7/5/13 Phoenix

got into the venue around 4pm but it was worth it for dem free credentials. missed about half the sidestage bands but 0.

when we first got into the place, we went backstage to meet reese n the other high up peeps. went through the office, met the death punch drummer and guitarist, proceeded to have a beer and do shots on zombie's bus. after that we got on a golf kart and went to the side stages.

JFAC - sidestage sound was actually pretty alright this year. only caught the last couple songs of their set, which ended with constitutional masturbation. 7/10

Emmure - went pretty hard, 0. stayed for five or six songs then went off to get our pit passes from the office. crowd got really into it and some nine year old was throwing down in the pit lol 7/10

Machine Head - watched/heard from backstage. they didnt play davidian or aesthetics, but I also didnt really keep track of the songs. I know they played locust and closed with halo. sounded pretty good though. 8/10

Children of Bodom - here's an Alexi story first off:
    the band is warming up behind the stage, then Alexi comes out of their bus holding a water in one hand with some rather unattractive girl in his other arm. one of the stage crew members walks up to him and offers him a water bottle. he gives the crew member the most "are you fucking blind" look, points to his own water bottle, and flips him off. the crew dude puts the new bottle on the ground at his feet and alexi punts it at him. what a piece of shit :))

anyway, I got to watch their set from on stage, which was cool, but the sound from where we were was mediocre. again, didn't follow all their songs, but I know they played six pounder, HCDr, and a song or two off the new album. fun time doe 8/10

we headed back to the mainstage backstage area to hang for a few and get a drink, then to the seats/pit.

Amon Amarth - fucking sick, one of the best sets of the day. the crowd didnt really know what to think for most of it, but the ones who knew what was up had a blast. lead guitarist kept coming over to me during Twilight of the Thunder God since I guess I was one of the only ones singing the whole time. he threw me a pick at the end, but some dude blocked it, it fell over on the other side of the railing, and the security guard threw it the opposite way into the crowd :-L badass fucking set though! 9/10

Mastodon - Had a great time watching their set, but they didnt have such a great time performing it. Their sound guy fucked up basically the whole thing in some way each song. Brent walked on stage trashed to begin with, so it was off to a great start. crystal skull's intro Im pretty sure was sampled, which was disappointing. he (brent) kept going back to the guitar tech between songs, violently ranting to him each time. set kept going. brents guitars got drowned out by troy's bass feedback. that threw off brann, and the monitors started acting up as well. a couple songs in, brent goes up to his mic and says something along the lines of "Hey if you could not fuck up our sound for this next song, could you do that? im fucking pissed the fuck off, peter (im assuming that was their sound dude) where are you, are you out there? Im fucking PISSED OFF. DONT FUCK IT UP!!" Brent threw his pick and I caught it doe. Sound fuck ups kept happening, but not to the point where you couldnt enjoy the set. but to them it was obviously more problematic. Set ends and brent yells into the mic something like "IM IN ARIZONA. IM IN ARIZONA AND IM FUCKING PISSED OFF!!!!!!" and leaves the stage promptly.
    ...but the set was cool. 9/10

5FDP - went drinking, didnt watch lol

Rob Zombie - idk why everyone kept saying that this was his most elaborate stage show yet. it was basically like every other one he's done with practically the same set. definitely fun, but gets old. 8/10
    Ginger Fish passed us in the backstage hallway after, coked the fuck up.

pics...

JFAC

Emmure

Machine Head/backstage

Children of Bodom

Amon Amarth

Mastodon

Rob Zombie

pick:
    I love winning with women
  • MenAreTrashMenAreTrash Posts: 27,667 spicy boy
    >watching Emmure

We can't be friends.
    fukk you and the horse you rode in on
    You shoulda watched Scorpion Child, homie.
    got in too late. Only way I could have done that was by shelling out $44.50 before my party arrived. I was interested in seeing them, though :-<
    They played at the same time as Emmure at my date, I'd assume it was the same for you.
    I think the set times were different. when we walked in, they were shutting down the sumerian stage.
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,706 spicy boy
    cup said:

fukk you and the horse you rode in on

burro*
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,593 spicy boy
    =)) =)) =)) =)) don't know why the guys from mastodon finally decided to be upset over their sound guy sucking =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =))
  • KridesBrideBrittKridesBrideBritt Posts: 25,781 jayfacer
    Anyone know if you have to pay for the Bodom signing?
    kristianPhotobucketPhotobucket Trephination-Tuesday Nights/Wednesday Mornings...11pm-1am- http://wrsu.rutgers.edu/listen.html
    Don't waste your time
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
    Well, they're signing at a time no one good is on....
    kristianPhotobucketPhotobucket Trephination-Tuesday Nights/Wednesday Mornings...11pm-1am- http://wrsu.rutgers.edu/listen.html
    Any music > wasting time to get hurried through a signing line
    :-?? Still doesn't answer my question...
    You think you can use us to answer your questions [-( =;
    edited July 2013
    I can try. ;;)

Fucking typos.
    edited July 2013
    8-|