Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The Concert Review Thread

Comments

• SantanaSantana Posts: 16,743 juggalo
    I have one of their albums and it definitely doesn't sound like COB to me
  • MenAreTrashMenAreTrash Posts: 27,667 spicy boy
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Who cares, they suck. A lot.
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
  • 1D_for_life1D_for_life Posts: 13,785 destroyer of motherfuckers
    That was awful...
  • ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
    Blackguard = CoB worship. Ergo, they're not generic Core. They're generic Power/Melodic Death Metal.
    there was nothing power metal or melodic about their set last night. its was screemo vocals over core music

you have no fucking clue what you're talking about, so stop before you make yourself look anymore retarded
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    U-Fest 2011 (Papa Roach / All That Remains / Hollywood Undead / Accept / Drowning Pool / Nonpoint / etc.)

My manager couldn't get an easy hold of the tour manager, so we ended up having to miss Nonpoint's set and I had to watch Drowning Pool from the entrance. Still a great show!

Drowning Pool - Played a pretty similar set as they did last year at the Sevendust show and the free one. Still put on a cool performance! 8.5/10

Accept - Not a huge fan of their music, but they got the crowd going. They played on the second stage, and most people at the festival were all at the main stage waiting for Hollywood Undead. I caught a pick from the bassist and a drumstick... awesome. 8/10

Hollywood Undead - Favorite band of the night! They came out swinging with "Undead", which is my favorite of theirs, and they played a few new ones and a few old ones. Incredibly fun set, lots of weed. Had a great time. 10/10

All That Remains - Sweet as usual, but they played the same exact set as they did at BRNOTD in October. Still, that meant their top songs for the most part. Lots of fun to watch them perform each time. I found it hard to mosh with the drumstick in my pocket, but whatever. 9/10

Papa Roach - Eh. I stayed for five songs (left after "Hollywood Whore"). They sound the EXACT same live as they do on album, so it wasn't too exciting. - 6/10

They also did this Angry Birds competition between Accept and Hollywood Undead's set where they blasted the theme song and threw a paper mache (sp?) pig and red bird into the crowd and wanted to see which could reach the back of the crowd first.

Pics coming up...
    I love winning with women
  • That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    Hollywood Undead - Favorite band of the night! They came out swinging with "Undead", which is my favorite of theirs, and they played a few new ones and a few old ones. Incredibly fun set, lots of weed. Had a great time. 10/10
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker

Pics coming up...

Accept:

Hollywood Undead:

All That Remains (I could only get two semi-ok pics of their set):

I didn't get any post-worthy shots of Papa Roach. Anyway, it was a great time!

Hollywood haters =;
  • That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    Accept > The rest of that show
    That's what everyone 50+ years old was saying the whole night.
    That's what everyone 50+ years old was saying the whole night.
    Look sonny, once I get my metamucil, I'm gonna come over and knock you back to 1935.
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    9/10 for all that remains? Really? Maybe 5 years ago before overcome but now they are mediocre at best.
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
    LOL
    Review that Ocean/BTBAM chronic now son.
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    9/10 for all that remains? Really? Maybe 5 years ago before overcome but now they are mediocre at best.
    b-(
    LOL
    Review that Ocean/BTBAM chronic now son.
    That will be my project after my exam later today.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
    Font give me that crap jay it is true they have become mediocre and boring live with the new material
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    Very much so. Let me ask how many times have you seen them and when. I'm pretty sure I've seen them 7 and the shows now are boring compared to how they use to be. Phils vocals aren't as good and the only improvement is the guitar work. This band started going down hill once Shannon Lucas left. Now move along kind sir