Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The Concert Review Thread

Comments

• mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    I'm talking to a jackass that gets down on everyone else for their musical tastes and game preferences. I'm talking to a piece of trash that lives in north Carolina and works at mcdonalds. I'm talking to someone who got married to someone for the wrong reasons and isn't man enough to talk to his wife face to face but rather through a forum. Pretty much I'm talking to a waste of life.
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
    I'm talking to a jackass that gets down on everyone else for their musical tastes and game preferences. I'm talking to a piece of trash that lives in north Carolina and works at mcdonalds. I'm talking to someone who got married to someone for the wrong reasons and isn't man enough to talk to his wife face to face but rather through a forum. Pretty much I'm talking to a waste of life.
    you're getting better but it's still not enough though. keep it up sport you'll get there one day
    Funny thing is not one thing I say is a lie so you can't discredit or fight against it. I'm not a troll. I speak the truth.
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
    Funny thing is not one thing I say is a lie so you can't discredit or fight against it. I'm not a troll. I speak the truth.
    edited April 2011
    I love when people hide behind pictures
    I love when people hide behind pictures
    its difficult to convey sarcasm through text
  • HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
  • AdamAdam Posts: 11,533 balls deep
    I would love to see rush live.
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    My review got buried.....lol. :(
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    Well here's a bump for the one that got buried.
    Between the Buried and Me/JFAC/The Ocean

First show I went to solo in quite awhile, got there about a half hour after doors and the first band was just finishing up. Just about ten minutes later a local band called Measure the Redshift was up..Seen them a couple times so I pretty much sat back for them. They're pretty solid. But after them was one of the bands I've been waiting to see since last year, The Ocean. Fucking A these guys were amazing.They hit the stage opening up with Arthopocentric, which live is just 10 times more powerful. I'm surprised how many people knew who The Ocean just because of how bland our Toledo crowds usually are unless it's core. One of my favorite parts of the set would have to have been how mellow the crowd was right at "They refuse to leave their ship...that is siinking....." and then bam "...THE MYTH THAT MAN.." Damn the crowd went crazy. After that they went straight into Grand Inquisitor I which was just as great. Now this is the one part where I was upset, on the Montreal setlist, The First Commandment of the Luminaries was up next...but they didn't play it at all for us. My best guess is that they were a little bit behind, but shit I was looking forward to that song. Up next was the oldest song on the set with Orosirian followed with Origin of Species and Origin of God. They had great stage presence that invovled all of them stage diving a couple times. Turned out to be the bassist birthday, and they even had cake out at the bar...later saw him hammered drunk in the bathroom.

Up next was of course Job For a Cowboy, I've seen 'em before, and didn't expect much. In the end, I actually enjoyed their set just because of how full of fail it was. About 3 songs in the sound just decided to fuck out for about 2 seconds, it came back half assed with low guitars, extremely loud drums that went in and out, and no vocals at all. I was chilling by the sound board and every 2 seconds someone kept looking back at the guy like he did it on purpose. They just kept playing like nothing happened. I was enjoying their fail, and didn't have to hear the vocals of the new song that sounds like a TBDM cover. It was comical up until one of the two songs I actually wanted to hear came up, Ruination. The mic came back kinda half assed during the song though, and all it did was show how shitty Jonny Davy sounded, couldn't understand any of the words. There'd be times when I actually got into the music, but then it seemed like they got out of sync and just sounded like garbage. Had the same problem last time I saw them, so maybe they just suck live.

Then finally came Between the Buried and Me. I'll admit I'm not a huge fan, so I'm just familiar with the music, I don't know all the words to any of their songs or anything like that. I kept my spot by soundboard so I could just catch a good view. If I wasn't a fan of them before, I would have been by now...they just have this intense show that you can't not enjoy. I thought maybe I'd get bored with a 1 and a half hour set with only 8 songs, but I really didn't. During the set, I swear Jonny Davy walked in front of me at least 40 times. Not sure what's so special about it, just figured I'd throw it in. BTBAM were lucky enough to not have any kind of sound problems unlike JFAC. They didn't really do much crowd interaction either...first time they said anything directed toward us was right after Fossil Genera and before Selkies...which had a fun little intro where he'd begin the song and only get a little bit further each time. In the end I bought a BTBAM tour shirt. I thought about getting something from The Ocean, but they really had nothing in the shirt department, and CD's were $15.
    Whoops sorry Jay lol
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    You ass. :-W lol
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
    The important people read it already
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Amon Amarth

They were slightly above okay. I was underwhelmed with their performance, which didn't rival the last time I saw them. I wasn't happy with the crowd, who were either 6'6 and 400 lbs and had Nazi neck tattoos or were hammered out of their mind, making their balance very suspect.

That's my review. I wouldn't pay to see it again.
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
  • BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Amon Amarth

They were slightly above okay. I was underwhelmed with their performance, which didn't rival the last time I saw them. I wasn't happy with the crowd, who were either 6'6 and 400 lbs and had Nazi neck tattoos or were hammered out of their mind, making their balance very suspect.

:-))
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
    interesting
    Amon Amarth

first person i've heard of saying the show was bad. not surprising though seeing as who its coming from
    edited April 2011
    Amon Amarth

first person i've heard of saying the show was bad. not surprising though seeing as who its coming from
    I didn't say the show was bad. I said it was slightly above okay. If it was bad, I'd say it was bad. Don't make it sound like I have some grudge against Amon Amarth, I posted a glowing review of the show I went to last year. Johan didn't sound as good this time around at first, but he stepped his shit up by the middle of Surtur Rising, but he didn't do the greatest job of Pursuit of Vikings either. The only reason why it wasn't a poor show was because of the setlist, which was balls out awesome.
  • Ace_Deputy_CheezeAce_Deputy_Cheeze Posts: 14,736 jayfacer
    i had a good time.
    only complains would be that one of the guitars was kinda drowned out n i wasnt feelin the first set.
    Live For the Kill = :bz
    Deputy_Cheeze's Profile Page Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
    I might have left angrily had I not gotten free parking.