Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The Concert Review Thread

Comments

• ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
    Immortal will cover Senses Fail
    thats lame, sense fail sucks.
    i wanna hear immortal cover this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOArsNMVqGg
  • SantanaSantana Posts: 16,743 juggalo
    I like senses fail B-)
    I like senses fail B-)
  • SantanaSantana Posts: 16,743 juggalo
    Lol
    Been into them since 2008
  • NOLANOLA Posts: 6,353 jayfacer
    edited April 2011
    Just got back from the Jazz Fest a bit ago. I felt so privileged to see a guy like Robert Plant. I dig a bit of his solo work, but me with just about everybody else was there to hear the Zep covers. The nostalgia was definitely there. Awesome time. Nice turnout estimated to be about 55-60,000 for the evening.

Black Dog
    Down to the Sea
    Angel Dance (Los Lobos cover)
    Black Country Woman
    House of Cards
    Monkey
    Somewhere Trouble Don't Go (Buddy Miller cover)
    That's the Way
    A Satisfied Mind (Porter Wagoner cover)
    Satan Your Kingdom Must Come Down (Uncle Tupelo cover)
    Ocean Of Tears (Patty Griffin cover)
    In the Mood
    Please Read the Letter
    Houses of the Holy
    Ramble On

Encore:
    Harms Swift Way (Townes Van Zandt cover)
    Gallows Pole
    And We Bid You Goodnight
    lol i read that as peter griffin cover i was like D:
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    edited April 2011
    DOWN NYC REVIEW

Seriously one of the best shows of my life these guys kicked so much ass. Got there around 7:20, drank a bunch of beers in the hotel and was good to go. the best buy theatre in NYC is a bomb place, i wish i could of walked around a little more but had to get close to the stage for this show.

Haarp - first band of the night. these guys are freakin nuts. the singer looked deranged the whole night and sang almost the entire set from the mosh pit. heavy as hell. phil was in the corner rockin out to there whole set. 7.5/10

Some band - they sounded just like witchcraft, ery retro look. all in all not to bad but nothin worth remembering 6.5/10

Down - Sweet mother of god, these guys dont fuck around. Ive been waiting to see these guys for so long and im so pumped for the show to start. unfortunately im like three rows back. i usually hate the rail but felt like i needed it for this band. luckily first song starts up and its Hail The Fucking Leaf right off the bat. everyone goes apeshit. at this point the little asian girl and her dad realize they made a poor choice in being in front row and GTFO. at this point i snuck up to the rail and fought people off like crazy but managed to stay up there for the rest of the show. By the start of the second song phil had cut his whole fuckin head open and was bleeding everywhere. like the badass he is he continues to play like nothing happened. Hit after hit these guys played the perfect freakin set, Ghosts of Mississippi, Lifer, Underneath Everything, New orleans is a dying whore, Bury me in smoke, stone the crow. they even played Eyes of the South which pumped me up so much. My neck never hurt more from headbanging. if everything wasnt great enough right after the final song I catch the setlist. Seriously a night Ill never forget and my first ever 10/10.

and even after the show we were in NYC so we had a great night after the show in times square and did a bunch of shit today. very great trip and i hope Britt and george hae as much fun as i did in Philly \m/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nYM1tHk1uk&feature=player_embedded#at=109

^^^^^^ PHIL THE GOD
  • KridesBrideBrittKridesBrideBritt Posts: 25,781 jayfacer
    George is there now. I'm tomorrow night. I can't wait. Great review.
    kristianPhotobucketPhotobucket Trephination-Tuesday Nights/Wednesday Mornings...11pm-1am- http://wrsu.rutgers.edu/listen.html
    your gonna have a blast i promise you
  • Ace_Deputy_CheezeAce_Deputy_Cheeze Posts: 14,736 jayfacer
    DOWN NYC REVIEW

Seriously one of the best shows of my life these guys kicked so much ass. Got there around 7:20, drank a bunch of beers in the hotel and was good to go. the best buy theatre in NYC is a bomb place, i wish i could of walked around a little more but had to get close to the stage for this show.

Haarp - first band of the night. these guys are freakin nuts. the singer looked deranged the whole night and sang almost the entire set from the mosh pit. heavy as hell. phil was in the corner rockin out to there whole set. 7.5/10

Some band - they sounded just like witchcraft, ery retro look. all in all not to bad but nothin worth remembering 6.5/10

Down - Sweet mother of god, these guys dont fuck around. Ive been waiting to see these guys for so long and im so pumped for the show to start. unfortunately im like three rows back. i usually hate the rail but felt like i needed it for this band. luckily first song starts up and its Hail The Fucking Leaf right off the bat. everyone goes apeshit. at this point the little asian girl and her dad realize they made a poor choice in being in front row and GTFO. at this point i snuck up to the rail and fought people off like crazy but managed to stay up there for the rest of the show. By the start of the second song phil had cut his whole fuckin head open and was bleeding everywhere. like the badass he is he continues to play like nothing happened. Hit after hit these guys played the perfect freakin set, Ghosts of Mississippi, Lifer, Underneath Everything, New orleans is a dying whore, Bury me in smoke, stone the crow. they even played Eyes of the South which pumped me up so much. My neck never hurt more from headbanging. if everything wasnt great enough right after the final song I catch the setlist. Seriously a night Ill never forget and my first ever 10/10.

and even after the show we were in NYC so we had a great night after the show in times square and did a bunch of shit today. very great trip and i hope Britt and george hae as much fun as i did in Philly \m/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nYM1tHk1uk&feature=player_embedded#at=109

^^^^^^ PHIL THE GOD
    Seems like a pussfest...
    Deputy_Cheeze's Profile Page Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
    I know I will. Looking forward to Ghosts of Mississippi.
    kristianPhotobucketPhotobucket Trephination-Tuesday Nights/Wednesday Mornings...11pm-1am- http://wrsu.rutgers.edu/listen.html
    the one bad part of the show is apparently you have to be at least 250 pounds to crowd surf at a down show :-|
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    lol Cheeze

Sounds like a hell of a show.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
    edited April 2011
    the one bad part of the show is apparently you have to be at least 250 pounds to crowd surf at a down show :-|
    Challenge accepted. I'm 135lbs and I will surf that bitch.
  • HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
    i agree with nola! phil's my favorite vocalist all time and he sounded great, the band was tight and they played a perfectt set, all their hits. i wqas in the pit most of the night, went to the side a few times to catch my nreath, but it was fun, andrea had fun... i wish i had the money to go 25mins up the road and see it again tomorrow, but i need to ssave money to buy big4 tix next week!!! but hell yeah! great show, i was dissapoint when i saw the NY setlist and temptaions wings wasnt on it, but they changes the set up tonight and played it! great show! they rule hard! hope to see them soon, maybe ozzfest :>
    ya i woulda loved me some temptations wings but we got loosing all instead :-bd
    dood the setlist i grabbed has phils blood on it \m/
  • MenAreTrashMenAreTrash Posts: 27,667 spicy boy
    i agree with nola! phil's my favorite vocalist all time
    Woah, woah, woah, woah.
  • HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
    i agree with nola! phil's my favorite vocalist all time
    Woah, woah, woah, woah.
    wut? :-W
    dood the setlist i grabbed has phils blood on it \m/
    word! :)