Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The Concert Review Thread

Comments

• ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
    You missed Dying Fetus and were on the balcony for Hatebreed [-( ... I would have been depressed by the end of the night too... Seems like a huge waste of money dawg.
    but he was fucked up, so that makes it all good brohemoth
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    You missed Dying Fetus and were on the balcony for Hatebreed [-( ... I would have been depressed by the end of the night too... Seems like a huge waste of money dawg.
    dude, i know i wanted to see dying fetus but like i said my whole body felt like shit yesterday, i could like hardly stand, i wasnt gonna be able to throwdown so i was like fuck it, skeletonwitch alone was worth my free ticket
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    I'm the guy who likes to get to the rail and stay there the whole time. If you're not obnoxious when you're drunk, more power to you, go for it.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Skeletonwitch is cool, I wish they were coming around the way soon... How was BTBAM?
    Skeletonwitch is cool, I wish they were coming around the way soon... How was BTBAM?
    pretty awesome dude, def would see them again
  • BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I have a problem with people getting drunk at shows because it ends up affecting the way I enjoy the show. Some drunk assholes is the sole reason i got in a fight last year because people don't know how to handle themselves and end up messing with the wrong person. I also like Brian mentioned do not enjoy when someone decides to bring a beer up front and it gets spilled on me.
    I had an issue with some drunk piece of shit at Fear Factory trying to take my spot on the rail. Bitch was choking and grabbing me and shit, but I wasn't about to give up front row for my favorite band that I sat through After The Faggot Burial for.
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
  • RAZORRAZOR Posts: 7,664 jayfacer
    The obnoxious drunks kind of amuse me, because when they try to shove to the rail everyone around them is like, "LOL NOPE GTFO" and shoves 'em back. Makes me laugh. ;))
    imageimage
    The obnoxious drunks kind of amuse me, because when they try to shove to the rail everyone around them is like, "LOL NOPE GTFO" and shoves 'em back. Makes me laugh. ;))
    :))
    i hate when drunk fagoots think its cool to run from the middle of the pit and jump on top of people trying to get a high five from the band. if i see em coming i make sure i have a back elbow waiting for them
    i just try and ignore obnoxious drunks as much as possible. thats a part of the reason why i hate being close to the rail. fighting to keep my spot isnt fun to me id rather just hang back and be comfortable
    There's not really much of a fight to keep your spot at the rail once you get there, you have the leverage.
  • RAZORRAZOR Posts: 7,664 jayfacer
    There's not really much of a fight to keep your spot at the rail once you get there, you have the leverage.
    There is for me kinda, haha. I'm small and not too strong so when someone tries to shove in, I really have to grip the rail to keep my spot.
    imageimage
    your right most the time, but you do usually get squished and i have a big rail bruise on me for a couple days. usually its like 2 -5 row that you get constantly pushed back the whole show
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,595 spicy boy
    the only time i had a ruff time staying on the rail was at devildriver.....i heard end of the line come on and i got front and center...but it took a lot of effort and by like the 5th song i got forced off and just went to moshing....iv been to a couple shows where i just couldn't get there tho...lamb of god came on and i got my hand on the rail but couldn't get there...slipknot at the palace i was close but decided to stay one or 2 people back...and BLS was fucking way packed
    your right most the time, but you do usually get squished and i have a big rail bruise on me for a couple days. usually its like 2 -5 row that you get constantly pushed back the whole show
    Yeah, that is true. It's been that way for me a couple times....STP comes to mind....but overall not very often and I have fun regardless.
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy
    Amon Amarth review coming soon :)
    Amon Amarth review coming soon :)
    {Upload|9284}
  • AdamAdam Posts: 11,533 balls deep
    i will never get too fucked up at a show. I love to remember all the show's i've been too.
    I might have a couple of beers but thats it.
    I've been pretty high at concerts. I think it makes it fun but i don't really do it amymore because the kid i go with to concerts doesn't smoke.
    Alright, here we go.

Amon Amarth @ Station 4, St. Paul, Minnesota. 4/15

Let me tell you something first, it is a fucking miracle i was able to go to this in the first place. I got to miss the whole school day friday to make the four hour trek with my friend to St. Paul. The road trip was a lot of fun except the weather sucked until we got out of iowa and then it got all sunny and shit. We got the my parent's friend's house at around 4:45 and we wanted to go to the venue early to make sure we got a good spot in line. We got to the venue at about 6:20 and the doors didn't open until 7 but there were already a fuck ton of people there. We were about right in the middle of the line. Even though the doors were supposed to open at 7 we didn't get in until about 7:30 and it was freezing outside. That pissed me off. Once we got inside i immediately got a tour shirt(they only have one shirt with the dates on them). The Venue was a decent sized venue and the only complaints i had about it was that there were poles right in the middle of the floor and on the stage <_>. The show was supposed to start at 8 but it didn't start until about 8:30 so we waited about 2 hours from the moment we got in line to the moment they started playing, which was gay.

With all the waiting i was freaking retarded anxious and then they hit the stage, as soon as they played the opening note of War of The God's the whole place went insane. I'd never seen a crowd go that crazy. They seemed like they were in a groove during the Surtur Rising set. It felt like the set just flew bye. The highlight of the first set was when they played Wrath of the Norseman. It was fucking crazy. Any way, onto the second set, which i liked more. They opened with Twilight of the thunder god and I'm surprised the crowd didn't recieve this song as well but it's all good. They were limited on space so they couldn't really do anything up on stage but in between songs Johan would always so some funny comment and when he called us the minnesota Vikings(get it?) i have never heard so many fake laughs in my life haha. One of my favorite songs of the night was Live for the Kill because i love the little slow part at the ending and when they all came back from behind the stage when the slow part was over i don't think one person was standing still, tis was shweet. Then in the middle of the set, i don't remember which song it was but at the beginning of one song Johan yelled KILL! and i laid a guy out in the pit and he got up like he was going to fight me, and honestly i would have got my ass kicked lol but everyone stopped him. And Shane, you were right when they played Guardians of Asgaard, the pit went insane. The light show they had was sweet but i only have one complaint, they started at about 8:30 and were off the stage before 11. I feel like they could have played more songs but i bet that would have been pretty hard so I'm not mad. I can't believe my parents let me make this trip with just a friend and it was fucking awesome and worth every fucking penny.

12/10

Shirts were 25 and a giant flag was 15.