Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Pits vs The Rail

Comments

• NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    i think gnomez wins the gayest post of the year award
  • GnomezGnomez Posts: 17,550 master of ceremonies
    edited March 2012
    Fuck you Nolabitch....I want to enjoy the music and the concert not get a busted nose from some little fuckwits who want to fling themselves around with flailing arms like a fucking windmill. I'm not talking your normal pushing and shoving and getting squashed and pushed 5 yards sideways and 5 yards forwards. It seemed they were more interested in rugby tackling each other and running from one side of the floor to the other while dragging others around and taking out as many people as they could instead of actually appreciating the concert. If I wanted to do that I wouldn't pay $100 to see a band.... I'd just get drunk and in a bar room brawl instead
    Post edited by Gnomez on
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,526 moneytalker

Holding onto the dead center front row is hard when they play.
    How can you judge the pit from the rail <_>
    Turn around and look at it artard.
    Pass the god damn butter.
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,661 master of ceremonies
    hmmmmmmm!

Every Time I die, Deftones, Hatebreed, KSE in a 300 people venue, and Mudvayne playing at a club that fit like 100 people were some of the craziest I have been in and seen.
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    Pits are for guys that wanna rub up on sweaty smelly dudes...and that's naaassty
    imageimage
  • HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers

Can I borrow your "see through the wall of people" behind you glasses?
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    I can judge a pit from the rail and I'm hobbit sized...
    imageimage
  • RAZORRAZOR Posts: 7,664 jayfacer
    I always prefer to get the rail. I'm basically a midget so if I'm too far back I can't see and it's harder for me to breathe when I'm completely surrounded by people, then I start to get nervous and it's just not enjoyable at all. And I know I wouldn't be able to hold my own in a pit so I try to avoid them. If I get bumped into one it's fine, but I don't linger around. :))
    imageimage

Can I borrow your "see through the wall of people" behind you glasses?
    Over, not through. Say your prayers, eat your vitamins, and maybe you too can grow up to be man sized some day.
    Even so, if its the craziest pit like UP said he ever seent.... There's gonna be madd people jammed betweenthe rail and the pit.... Maybe in the sticks where only 30 people show up to shows, but there's no way if its a sold out show and shit you'll be able to see the pit from the rail, unless you're tall as fuck.
    Mayhem is a perfect example, I was rail for TBDM, I couldn't even breathe, too many people... I turned around and basically had to fight my way out for like 30 seconds and then the pit was there, you can't see it from the rail inless you're tall as fuck or the place is dead.
    Most shows I've been too, you can walk right up too about the 3rd row of people with little effort, then you have to pick your spot and start pushing your way in. Usually the edge of the pits are not much further back than 3-5 rows of people (club shows)
    Around here the damn shits are always fucking packed and you have to fight through like 10 rows of people for a rail spot. It aint even worth it , that's why I stand behind the pit, so I can see the show and join the throwingdown when time is necassary, fuck squooshin up madd people in the front... If I'm nopt beat for the pit, sometimes I'll watch the show from the balcony bar area, but that's rare, I like the flooor!
    I'm a rail guy, front and center so I can catch shit after the show. Only time I've ever struggled to get up front was Ozzfest '02 (an all GA benue) I made it to the front for Ozzy's last 2 songs. Got a pick though so it was worth it lol.
  • sbs_willsbs_will Posts: 18,648 salt miner
    I try to be on the rail whenever possible. I always enjoy catching picks.

I remember a few years ago when I was on the rail at a Cold/Nonpoint show, a rather sentimental show for me, I kept making eye contact with the guitarist from Cold and after they got done playing, he leaned over the stage and handed me his pick. I left as a very happy man.
    Yeah, I never catch shit, it sucks cause I'd like to, it seems everytime I almost catch a pick or stick it bounces off me and some other asshole gets it. Most pics/sticks I got before was just me asking a band member or stage staff after the show. I've gotten a lot of setlists that way!
  • sbs_willsbs_will Posts: 18,648 salt miner
    Regarding setlists, me and my friend were at Mayhem/Keep of Kalessin at Blondies in detroit. They had at least 4 setlists taped on the stage floor, and I screamed at him over the noise to grab the setlist when the show was over. He did, and then he got it signed by the Mayhem guitarist Morfeus. We also got our stubs signed by O. Claw.

Me and Brando were in between the rail and stage at the last Mayhem Fest during Kingdom of Sorrow, and Jamey tossed me his Jager wristband. Had I been a fraction of a second slower, it would have gone to the guy behind me. I saw it coming my way almost in slow motion.
  • SkullAndCrossbonesSkullAndCrossbones Posts: 16,452 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Yeah, I never catch shit, it sucks cause I'd like to, it seems everytime I almost catch a pick or stick it bounces off me and some other asshole gets it. Most pics/sticks I got before was just me asking a band member or stage staff after the show. I've gotten a lot of setlists that way!
    you're better off holding rail to get picks. for drumsticks i suggest standing in what i like to call "center field" lol. pretty much right in the middle where the front edge of the pit was (like 4 or 5 people back from the rail). i've been to enough shows, and im sure you have too, to notice that the odds are pretty good of a drum stick being thrown where the pit was. thats how i got my amon amarth drumstick.
    "That's another thing I love about metal, it's so fuckin' huge yet certain people don't even know it exists." - Rob Zombie
  • TiradesOfTruthTiradesOfTruth Posts: 8,055 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Yeah that lucky fucker Will caught a Jamey Jasta wristband. Though I'm normally on the rail and if you go crazy your almost guaranteed a pick or something from the band. The last few shows I have went to I got directly handed a pick. Well except In Flames because I wasn't on the rail. I still don't have a drumstick or any set lists though.
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,592 spicy boy
    Yeah that lucky fucker Will caught a Jamey Jasta wristband. Though I'm normally on the rail and if you go crazy your almost guaranteed a pick or something from the band. The last few shows I have went to I got directly handed a pick. Well except In Flames because I wasn't on the rail. I still don't have a drumstick or any set lists though.
    i had jasta throw one and it hit off my hand at the free show they did here in august....i was dissapoint....but made it out with a pick and setlist so i was happy