Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Pits vs The Rail

Comments

• FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy
    rail is for girls and gays thats all you really need to know
  • fucketh_thine_selffucketh_thine_self Posts: 3,363 just the tip
    0 fux about pics

i mean taking pics of the peeps your with is fun but i dont need any pics of any band i see
    i agree i dont understand the big deal with taking pictures while the band performs. the only reason i would consider taking a camera in is because if i meet a band member i'd rather have a picture taken with them then get an autograph
  • KridesBrideBrittKridesBrideBritt Posts: 25,781 jayfacer
    I never understood standing in the back for a show or getting drunk at a show. I paid for the show. I'm going to be right in the middle of the action and I'm going to remember the action. I used to get to shows hours early to get a spot on the rail, but then I started wearing glasses everyday so I had to start being careful, with crowdsurfers zooming over my head and all. Luckily, I bought new glasses for Christmas so I wear my old ones to concerts in case they break again, they only broke once at a concert....DevilDriver. I've always been that crazy girl in a pit that is way too dangerous for her. I tend to go into push-pits more. I've tried to go into pits less. My first pit I went into accidentally when I was 14 and got a boot to the head and woke up in the medic area. :)) I also crowdsurf a lot. I've only be dropped maybe 3 times, the first being the worst because it was on concrete. I love going into the Wall Of Death. Basically, I'm all over the place during shows. I'm still limping from Bodom last week but I'll still probably go crazy at Iced Earth.
    kristianPhotobucketPhotobucket Trephination-Tuesday Nights/Wednesday Mornings...11pm-1am- http://wrsu.rutgers.edu/listen.html
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
  • fucketh_thine_selffucketh_thine_self Posts: 3,363 just the tip
    eh i drink at most shows i go to and i've never had a problem remembering anything about them.
    And I've permanently injured my neck from a combo of Sounds of the Underground 2006 and Iced Earth 2008. Concerts are my only release, so I tend to be ultra stupid. I've stage dived twice too. Have yet to dive from a balcony though. :-?
    kristianPhotobucketPhotobucket Trephination-Tuesday Nights/Wednesday Mornings...11pm-1am- http://wrsu.rutgers.edu/listen.html
  • HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers

Holding onto the dead center front row is hard when they play.
    How can you judge the pit from the rail <_>
    I actually think the toughest place to be during a packed show is the 2-5th rows. At least the 1st row has a rail to hold onto.
    Craziest pits I've been in were that Lamb of God No Fear Tour and the Lamb of God that just passed. That shit was just retarded. Almost broke my leg at the one in 09 and nearly collapsed at the one in January.
  • LiveFreeDieLiveFreeDie Posts: 8,055 destroyer of motherfuckers
    edited March 2012
    I just like to get as close to the stage as possible. I've never really been one to actually go into the pit and act a fool.
    Death is not the worst of evils. You can't be down, when you're always high.
  • HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
    LoG at Sounds of the underground was pretty insane..

Slayer/Hatebreed show was nuts back in the days... Slayer was promoting God hates us all and HB was promoting Perseverence, that got out of hand.

Bad luck 13 is the craziest shit I ever seen.
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    I just like to get as close to the stage as possible. I've never really been one to actually go into the pit and act a fool.
    This. And for me it's essential since I'm only 5'2. If I'm further then 3 rows from the front it's a guarentee I won't see anything. Everyone enjoys shows differently. For me I like to have headbanging room and preferrably no one in front of me but the stage and security. It helps my anxiety as well since I don't like getting drunk at shows. Also enjoy taking pictures of bands for various reasons. One because I enjoy it greatly and it's like a picture memory of the show because I forget shit alot. I'm sure there's bands out there I seen but don't remember cuz I didn't get a physical ticket or take any pictures. People can say whatever about the rail, taking picures and more but that's where I enjoy my shows the most. Crowd surfers have never botheref me either because I know when they're coming since I pay attention to security as well. I also don't take pics the whole show, I also enjoy it. I will try to take video of my favorite song it I can too but that usually doesn't work out :))

I've only taken pics at shows with friends during the summer festivals
    imageimage
  • TiradesOfTruthTiradesOfTruth Posts: 8,055 destroyer of motherfuckers
    edited March 2012
    I like being on the rail for most shows but if its someone like Hatebreed I make sure I'm in pit. Though the roughest pit I have been in has to be DevilDriver. I got fucked up in that pit and lost a shoe lol.
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,592 spicy boy
    i like being on the rail...but i love to mosh as well
  • BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I used to prefer rail, but now I just line the pit and if there's a circle pit and I like the song I may join in
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
  • GnomezGnomez Posts: 17,550 master of ceremonies
    If this is pit vs rail..why ask a question only about pits? <_>
    Ok perhaps the thread title wasn't the best. I wanted to start a discussion to see what people preferred. I was also wondering what different pits were like. At Maiden a pit opened in front of me and little shits were just throwing themselves and each other around and pushing and shoving. It didn't seem like they were there for the music at all. I want to go to a concert to enjoy the show, and the music and to watch the band perform and to get into the music....not to have a bunch of spastics running into me and to have a flying elbow or haymaker hit me
  • Chicken_FuckerChicken_Fucker Posts: 15,691 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I drink at every show I go too and I remember enough.
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    If this is pit vs rail..why ask a question only about pits? <_>
    Ok perhaps the thread title wasn't the best. I wanted to start a discussion to see what people preferred. I was also wondering what different pits were like. At Maiden a pit opened in front of me and little shits were just throwing themselves and each other around and pushing and shoving. It didn't seem like they were there for the music at all. I want to go to a concert to enjoy the show, and the music and to watch the band perform and to get into the music....not to have a bunch of spastics running into me and to have a flying elbow or haymaker hit me
    -------______________-------
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,721 mod