Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Official mayhem fest 2013 thread

Comments

• ...... Posts: 31,548 master of ceremonies
  • SkullAndCrossbonesSkullAndCrossbones Posts: 16,452 destroyer of motherfuckers
    edited July 2013
    didn't watch any of the bands prior to butcher babies and only caught a few songs from their set.
    FYI, the way i review bands isn't based on if i like their music or not. i go by sound quality, stage show/presence etc. i also cut the lower end bands a break seeing as how they can't really afford or even have room (because the headliners usually have their drums and whatnot already on stage and the openers have to play in front of all that) to do anything cool with a side stage except have their own banner.

i also wanna say that, surprisingly, the only small crowds i saw were at the sumerian stage.

all i can say about Battlecross is they had a pretty big crowd. i wasn't paying attention to their music

Butcher Babies - only saw a couple of their songs but i heard most of them. they sounded great. had a great crowd going. pretty good entertainers from what i saw. - 9/10

Born of Osiris - didn't watch their set because i was at the jager stage holding rail for machine head. but if i remember right they sounded really good. don't really know what score to give them because i wasn't watching

Job For A Cowboy - they played right before machine head on the jager stage so i was right up front on the rail. sound was good. decent entertainers. - 8/10

Machine Head - amazing as usual. typical machine head set. a couple cool props on stage. great entertainers. - 10/10 (because i could never get tired of machine head but if you've seen them since they released Unto The Locust then it's pretty much the same old same old but with different props and banner colors)

Children of Bodom - unfortunately i missed like half of their set because me and my friend were roasting in the sun all day and we wanted to sit in the shade for a little bit. but the stuff i did see from them was awesome. great sound. good stage presence. big crowd. - 10/10

Amon Amarth - missed the beginning of their set because we were still sitting in the shade. cool little stage show on the main stage. great sound. great entertainers. - 9/10

Mastodon - i don't like mastodon but i have listened to some of their music before so i know what they're supposed to sound like. their sound quality was great. a mediocre stage show though considering amon amarth opened and had a much better show IMO. pretty good entertainers i guess. - 7/10 (woulda been an 8 had they done a little more with their show other than just a banner from their last album)

FFDP - dont really like this band either but i've seen them a few times live and i've listened to some of their music as well. not really much of a stage show from them either but the vocalist is a really good entertainer. he knows how to get a crowd going. their sound was good when it was actually working properly. the sound kept cutting out or something. i dont know if that's their fault or not. - 7.5/10

Rob Zombie - awesome as usual. love his stage show. sound was awesome. i think rob get's a little winded fairly easily these days because any time he had to a somewhat long sequence of vocals with one breath he often just cut himself off, skipped a couple words, then jumped back in. not sure if that was on purpose or if he was getting winded but it's not really a big deal to me anyway. - 10/10
    "That's another thing I love about metal, it's so fuckin' huge yet certain people don't even know it exists." - Rob Zombie
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy
    old and washed up...
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    lol @ the disagree's to skully's post
    idk how you can read his review and then mark my post troll =))
    The biggest troll on the forum and we can't flag his posts as "troll"

Lamez
    BRING BACK THE FLAG
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,282 mod
    SATAN said:

The biggest troll on the forum and we can't flag his posts as "troll"

Lamez

You can flag Todd...

• MenAreTrashMenAreTrash Posts: 27,667 spicy boy
    #bringbacktheflag
    #defendtheflag
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker

Did this nigga really just give Butcher Babies a 9 while giving Mastodon a 7.5?

You must first understand that her is a virgin. He was distracted if you will during butcher babies and gave them a higher rating than they deserved.
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,706 spicy boy
    Weak virginz [-(
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
    i already explained how i rate bands. did you not read that part? i pretty much rate the side stage bands on a seperate scale because A) the openers can't really afford to do anything cool with their show and B) they don't have a whole lot of room anyway since they have to play in front of the side stage headliners' stuff that's already set up
    "That's another thing I love about metal, it's so fuckin' huge yet certain people don't even know it exists." - Rob Zombie
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    edited July 2013

idk how you can read his review and then mark my post troll =))

I can when 98% of your posts in this thread are about how Zombie sucks, is washed up, the reason tickets aren't selling, etc. Like we get it...you hate Zombie. No need to keep saying the same shit over and over
    imageimage
    well you didnt believe me that he was washed up and that just proves it :-\"

shit he was doing that in 2010
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    And now you're putting words in my mouth :-@
    imageimage
    He's so old and washed up...maybe he is a zombie now @-)
    oh yeah, i wish Aquafina would co-sponser this tour so we could get some free water too
  • ...... Posts: 31,548 master of ceremonies
    Fuck Aquafina, get something else lol
    inb4lists