Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Most consistent bands

Comments

• ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
    ACxDC is the most accomplished band in history
    word
    sales wise at least
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    he didnt c wut u did thur
  • AbbadonAbbadon Posts: 1,990 juggalo
    Amon Amarth without doubt

and to anyone who said Machine Head.... LOLsupercharger
    That's why I didn't say them lol
  • SkullAndCrossbonesSkullAndCrossbones Posts: 16,452 destroyer of motherfuckers
    these have probably already been said but im not gonna read 3 pages

hatebreed
    devildriver
    abigail williams
    the black dahlia murder
    rob zombie
    "That's another thing I love about metal, it's so fuckin' huge yet certain people don't even know it exists." - Rob Zombie

He helped write lyrics as well, they all did. I guess we just agree to disagree.
    It was 95% waters, and the others helped because they wanted the credit for writing on the album. that's all

Have you listened to Pro's and Con's of Hitchhiking?
    No actually
    You really need to get it, and listen to it enough times to sink in. He sacrificed making it radio friendly for the story, but the story is so intricate and there are so many layers to it. When you start tripping about the song names and how many layers there are to the album, then you will feel as I do about it.

I often times think it is the greatest album ever made. promise me you will spend some time on it.
    I got it I'll listen while I snowboard tomorrow.
  • Chicken_FuckerChicken_Fucker Posts: 15,691 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Pretty good thread because of all the Fail. Of course page 2 was ruined by all of the Pink Floyd and NIN faggotry, but page 3 bounced back nicely. I saw very few "consistent" bands in this thread btw.
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    Pretty good thread because of all the Fail. Of course page 2 was ruined by all of the Pink Floyd and NIN faggotry, but page 3 bounced back nicely. I saw very few "consistent" bands in this thread btw.
    pretty much
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    How many bands can you name that you would consider so consistent that they never had a bad album. That if someone asks you what album they should start with, it is difficult because every album they did was fucking dope. My first cut at naming bands would be

1. Led Zeppelin
    2. Death
    3. Tool

I kinda feel that if you are going to be labeled consistent, you should have at least 4 albums.
    Zeppelin's Coda sux
    It is not fair to include Coda as an actual release. For starters the album was released 2 years after the band had officially broken up. Secondly, it was released because there was so much bootleg stuff out there with Zeppelin, that they thought the die hard fans might appreciate some behind the scenes bootlegs from the band themselves. Ie... They didnt sit down and record this for an album, but it is like the deleted scenes on DVD's.
  • Chicken_FuckerChicken_Fucker Posts: 15,691 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Without thinking too hard about it, I will leave this here.

Insomnium
    Death
    Dark Tranquillity
    Tool
    Testament
    Alice In Chains
    Isis
    Nevermore
    Suffocation
    The Absence

You really need to get it, and listen to it enough times to sink in. He sacrificed making it radio friendly for the story, but the story is so intricate and there are so many layers to it. When you start tripping about the song names and how many layers there are to the album, then you will feel as I do about it.

I often times think it is the greatest album ever made.
    \m/

However not sure if it is tunez I'd want to listen to while snowboarding. I prefer death metal when skiing.

Pros and Cons is perfect when you want a chill night, where you are smoking some bud by yourself, or having a night of drinking and just chillin. It's got some pretty powerful messages that I think most men at some point in their life can relate too. I don't think it is an album that girls would ever really quite *get*. And I dont mean that to sound sexes, but the album perfectly defines thoughts/feelings/epiphany's I've had about life and myself that I think are common with other guys and probably not relevant to women.

In case you dont pick up on this yourself, let me tell you what the concept is. The album takes place at around 4am and follows a man's struggles with humanity, love, and finding his place. This journey he goes on happens in real time. So the first song is called "4:30 AM", it is 3:12 in length, so the second song is titled "4:33 AM". This time theme holds for the entire album. The journey the man goes on is this crazy dream he is having, and like all dreams sometimes ridiculous shit happens (like your station wagon magically turns into a Lambo so you could impress a girl) But also like dreams, sometimes there are deep profound messages hidden in the crazyness. This is the concept he was going for. He does a masterful job at driving home the message. I really feel the sorrow and desire of the main character, and the side characters add so much color.

Oh and did I mention that Eric Clapton mans the guitar \m/
    Without thinking too hard about it, I will leave this here.

Insomnium
    Death
    Dark Tranquillity
    Tool
    Testament
    Alice In Chains
    Isis
    Nevermore
    Suffocation
    The Absence
    I agree with Suffocation and AIC for sure.
  • StratophonyStratophony Posts: 9,212 just the tip
    Symphony X.... always solid too.
  • cheech9_4offcheech9_4off Posts: 942 just the tip
    the black dahlia murder? especially the last 3 they are always solid.

I often times think it is the greatest album ever made.
    \m/

However not sure if it is tunez I'd want to listen to while snowboarding. I prefer death metal when skiing.

Pros and Cons is perfect when you want a chill night, where you are smoking some bud by yourself, or having a night of drinking and just chillin. It's got some pretty powerful messages that I think most men at some point in their life can relate too. I don't think it is an album that girls would ever really quite *get*. And I dont mean that to sound sexes, but the album perfectly defines thoughts/feelings/epiphany's I've had about life and myself that I think are common with other guys and probably not relevant to women.

In case you dont pick up on this yourself, let me tell you what the concept is. The album takes place at around 4am and follows a man's struggles with humanity, love, and finding his place. This journey he goes on happens in real time. So the first song is called "4:30 AM", it is 3:12 in length, so the second song is titled "4:33 AM". This time theme holds for the entire album. The journey the man goes on is this crazy dream he is having, and like all dreams sometimes ridiculous shit happens (like your station wagon magically turns into a Lambo so you could impress a girl) But also like dreams, sometimes there are deep profound messages hidden in the crazyness. This is the concept he was going for. He does a masterful job at driving home the message. I really feel the sorrow and desire of the main character, and the side characters add so much color.

Oh and did I mention that Eric Clapton mans the guitar \m/
    Depends what I ride. I like metal for bombing hills and shit buti like slower industrial or trippy shit when ride park it helps calm me and focus me. Doesn't matter cause it's fucking raining so I'm not going. I will check it out. It sounds kinda weird to me though after yourexplaination. It seems like one of those things that is weird just to be weird. Kinda like some shit Maynard does. Kinda like omg it's so cool cause nobody ever did it before, well nobody ever did it cause it's fucking dumb. Not that this cd is dumb but maybe you understand what I mean.
    I dont think it is like that....

But you also really have to dig concept albums to fully appreciate what he did with this one. If you like Floyd and arent into concept albums, then I wouldnt be sure you really get what floyd was all about.

Anyways.... If you like The wall, The final Cut, Wish you were here, it is extremely likely you will love Pro's and Con's. The concept of the album is more intricate in any of his past albums.
    I dont think it is like that....

But you also really have to dig concept albums to fully appreciate what he did with this one. If you like Floyd and arent into concept albums, then I wouldnt be sure you really get what floyd was all about.

Anyways.... If you like The wall, The final Cut, Wish you were here, it is extremely likely you will love Pro's and Con's. The concept of the album is more intricate in any of his past albums.
    I like concept albums it's just sometimes it feels like they are forced or like I said weird just to be weird. I can't really think of a better way to explain it right now sorry. An example would be coming on stage in a chicken suit, ya it's weird and nobody does it(emo bands aside) but that's cause it's dumb not cause it's trippy. Sorry no coffee makes my brain not wanna work.
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    thread is completely derailed
    I didnt expect it to last more then a page
  • KridesBrideBrittKridesBrideBritt Posts: 25,781 jayfacer
    And that's different from other threads how?
    kristianPhotobucketPhotobucket Trephination-Tuesday Nights/Wednesday Mornings...11pm-1am- http://wrsu.rutgers.edu/listen.html