Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Most consistent bands

Comments

• AbbadonAbbadon Posts: 1,990 juggalo

Chimaera
    Devildriver

You didn't like the age of hell
    Not really but I'll admit I only listened to it like two or three times but it just didn't grab my attention like every other cd they had. Idk why
  • AdamAdam Posts: 11,533 balls deep
    While it's not better then the Infection it's still a pretty good album. The songs sounded even better live.
    The doors
    Floyd
    Log
    Mrh (until their last cd)
    Shadows fall
    Soulfly
    Nin
    I'm sure most of you won't agree with most of my list
    I dont think I'd say a single band on your list in consistent. here are the first two reasons why I disagree with your list (yet still like these two bands)

Floyd - A Momentary Lapse of Reason - AWEFUL
    LOG - Wrath
    I liked wrath and I think mlor was ok but when you have as many albums as they do at least one will be not as great. I still don't think they have ever made a bad album, it even had on the turning away on it so wasn't all bad.
    While it's not better then the Infection it's still a pretty good album. The songs sounded even better live.
    I liked them live. I heard two songs before it leaked and wasn't a fan so maybe that soured me on the whole thing before I even heard it.
    And I would add sublime
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    wrath sux
    devidriver sux
    chimira sux
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,593 spicy boy
    wrath was a solid effort from a band that i really believe at the time was being pushed to make more mainstream friendly business from there label....i can't wait to get a good copy of resolution...what iv heard rocks
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    The doors
    Floyd
    Log
    Shadows fall
    Soulfly
    Nin
    I dont think I'd say a single band on your list in consistent. here are the first two reasons why I disagree with your list (yet still like these two bands)

LOG - Wrath
    I liked wrath and I think mlor was ok but when you have as many albums as they do at least one will be not as great. I still don't think they have ever made a bad album, it even had on the turning away on it so wasn't all bad.
    Im one of the biggest Floyd fans around... and that album was complete garbage. However I hardly even consider it a floyd album. Floyd was pretty much Roger Waters. Any album he took the lead role in creating is fucking gold. Everything else is almost crap. A Momentary Lapse of Reason is close to being the shittist album ever made. Outside of Learning to Fly, I could shit out sounds that sound better then the rest of that album.
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers

Pantera

I wanted to add Pantera but

If you could just consider Pantera the band starting at cowboys then they would easily make the list.
    i don't really consider that pantera in my eyes....in my eyes pantera started when they got phil :P

Pantera

I wanted to add Pantera but

If you could just consider Pantera the band starting at cowboys then they would easily make the list.
    Don't forget power metal, Projects in the jungle and I am night lol
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Metallica
    MFH
    Saint Anger.
    Your favorite album too?
    and hey there is nothing wrong with power metal!!!
    The doors
    Floyd
    Log
    Shadows fall
    Soulfly
    Nin

LOG - Wrath
    Im one of the biggest Floyd fans around... and that album was complete garbage. However I hardly even consider it a floyd album. Floyd was pretty much Roger Waters. Any album he took the lead role in creating is fucking gold. Everything else is almost crap. A Momentary Lapse of Reason is close to being the shittist album ever made. Outside of Learning to Fly, I could shit out sounds that sound better then the rest of that album.
    That's why I say it wasn't bad learning to fly and on the turning away are two classic so it wasn't that bad. Just my opinion. I think Gilmore and waters together make great music without either one it's not as good. The lyrics and guitar compliment each other like nobody else can accomplish. I actually take gilmores side, I couldn't work with that arrogant dickhead either.
    yeah not all of NIN is great...but they are so awesome live
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy

Nin
    I love NIN and can say they are not consistent. Doesn't mean any of Trent Reznor's work is bad, but there's an obvious difference in his most of his work over the past 20 years. Especially when you compare "With Teeth" and "Year Zero" to his drug addiction years.
    I was going to put NIN as well, but then I remembered about Year Zero. Which wasn't a terrible album by any means, but definitely their weakest.
    I love winning with women
  • jagjag Posts: 5,033 destroyer of motherfuckers
    This thread delivered the way I thought it would.. Anyways my contribution is Bolt Thrower.

Nin
    I love NIN and can say they are not consistent. Doesn't mean any of Trent Reznor's work is bad, but there's an obvious difference in his most of his work over the past 20 years. Especially when you compare "With Teeth" and "Year Zero" to his drug addiction years.
    I didn't like with teeth till I saw it live then I understood what he heard while making it.year zero is my least favorite by far but I still think it's better than a lot of CDs out there.
    :)) im not a big fan of them on album...but love there live shows
    except for when trent get hit with a zippo......