Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Most consistent bands

Comments

• NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    marilyn manson is very consistent... consistently atrocious
  • AbbadonAbbadon Posts: 1,990 juggalo
    Just my opinion but I think Trent is the greatest artist of my generation.
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    trent reznors soundtrack of NBK is the best soundtrack of all time probably...i think he did the dead man walking too which is prob the second best soundtrack of all time
    marilyn manson is very consistent... consistently atrocious
    He would have made the list but he became a bitch after his girl left him, fucking emo pussy
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,593 spicy boy
    I love Trent Reznor any way I can have him.

his soundtrack work is amazing as well.
    except for when trent get hit with a zippo......
    that pissed me off.
    yeah but the setlist up until then was flat out bad ass

• WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I actually take gilmores side, I couldn't work with that arrogant dickhead either.
    For starters you are wrong. Secondly I can appreciate Waters not wanting to be told which concepts he gift wrapped for the band. When your lyrics are as genius as his are, I can fully appreciate him not wanting the band to fuck up his art. Pros and Cons of Hitchhiking is one of the greatest albums all time, and the band was stupid to pass up making that for the Wall. Not that the Wall isnt epic, it is.... But Waters knew how great Pros and Cons could be and the band vetoed his input. Fuck the band. They were hired musicians for all I care. I was fine with Gilmore hanging around and maybe helping to write some of the guitar licks to complement the arrangements waters made.... but that is IT. They weren't happy with that and so Waters was right to leave the band- and when he did so the name should have been retired. If the rest wanted to make more music fine- change your name assholes.
    also the next time i saw him in grand rapids he did the most emotional amazing version of hurt i have seen...it was awesome
    trent reznors soundtrack of NBK is the best soundtrack of all time probably...i think he did the dead man walking too which is prob the second best soundtrack of all time
    He did the girl with the dragon tat with same guy tsn with also check out "how to destroy angels" with him and his wife.
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    This thread delivered the way I thought it would.. Anyways my contribution is Bolt Thrower.
    Gay
    I actually take gilmores side, I couldn't work with that arrogant dickhead either.
    For starters you are wrong. Secondly I can appreciate Waters not wanting to be told which concepts he gift wrapped for the band. When your lyrics are as genius as his are, I can fully appreciate him not wanting the band to fuck up his art. Pros and Cons of Hitchhiking is one of the greatest albums all time, and the band was stupid to pass up making that for the Wall. Not that the Wall isnt epic, it is.... But Waters knew how great Pros and Cons could be and the band vetoed his input. Fuck the band. They were hired musicians for all I care. I was fine with Gilmore hanging around and maybe helping to write some of the guitar licks to complement the arrangements waters made.... but that is IT. They weren't happy with that and so Waters was right to leave the band- and when he did so the name should have been retired. If the rest wanted to make more music fine- change your name assholes.
    He helped write lyrics as well, they all did. I guess we just agree to disagree.

that pissed me off.

What show/tour was this?

He helped write lyrics as well, they all did. I guess we just agree to disagree.
    It was 95% waters, and the others helped because they wanted the credit for writing on the album. that's all

Have you listened to Pro's and Con's of Hitchhiking?

that pissed me off.

What show/tour was this?
    lights in the sky. auburn hills, the palace.
    it was actually the delta plex in grand rapids

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdtGPyDsZLo

that pissed me off.

What show/tour was this?
    lights in the sky. auburn hills, the palace.
    Where is auburn hills? I was in Cleveland for that tour and his parents were in the crowd, greatest show I have ever seen hands down. Only thing that I think was better for me personally was seeing dime and damageplan but nin was amazing. I have seen them 4 times and that was by far the best. I actually watched the DVD while rolling on new years and it reminded me how fucking good it was. The tour with ja after that sucked in comparison.

It was 95% waters, and the others helped because they wanted the credit for writing on the album. that's all

No actually

No actually
    You really need to get it, and listen to it enough times to sink in. He sacrificed making it radio friendly for the story, but the story is so intricate and there are so many layers to it. When you start tripping about the song names and how many layers there are to the album, then you will feel as I do about it.

I often times think it is the greatest album ever made. promise me you will spend some time on it.
    More info I'll dl it right now.
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    I can't find any info on someone throwing something at him at the show I was at so maybe I'm wrong, but I swore he stormed off stage during "hurt"
    He did. I remember seeing the video a while back. Some asshole wouldn't shut his mouth in the crowd and kept yelling.
    I love winning with women

that pissed me off.

What show/tour was this?
    this was the set list that night

Mr. Self Destruct
    Sin
    Terrible Lie
    The Line Begins to Blur
    March of the Pigs
    The Frail
    The Wretched
    Closer
    The Big Come Down
    Burn
    Gave Up
    Eraser
    Right Where It Belongs
    Beside You in Time
    With Teeth
    Wish
    Only
    Every Day Is Exactly the Same
    The Day the World Went Away
    Even Deeper
    Suck
    (Pigface cover)
    Hurt
    (Ended abruptly)

and this was the setlist the other time i saw them

setlist.fm > Artists: N > Nine Inch Nails > November 15, 2008 Setlist

Letting You
    Discipline
    March of the Pigs
    Head Down
    The Frail
    The Wretched
    Closer
    Gave Up
    Corona Radiata
    The Warning
    The Great Destroyer
    17 Ghosts II
    21 Ghosts III
    19 Ghosts III
    Piggy
    The Greater Good
    Pinion
    Wish
    Terrible Lie
    Survivalism
    31 Ghosts IV
    Only
    The Hand That Feeds
    Head Like a Hole
    Encore:
    Echoplex
    The Beginning of the End
    The Good Soldier
    Hurt
    In This Twilight
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    I think we're thinking of two different occasions actually...
    I love winning with women