Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

2012 Albums of the Year thread

Comments

• mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    I don't know how you listened to it but I listened with my fancy earbuds instead of on the computer. Sound was perfect and had me completely lost in everything going on around me. Im going to listen to it a second time after lunch. I really didn't think anything would touch colors for me but this one is right there and could take it over for me.
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
    And without a doubt so far this year

1. Between the buried and me - the parallax II: future sequence
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • AdamAdam Posts: 11,533 balls deep
    What kind of ear buds do you use.
  • MenAreTrashMenAreTrash Posts: 27,667 spicy boy

I don't know how you listened to it but I listened with my fancy earbuds instead of on the computer. Sound was perfect and had me completely lost in everything going on around me. Im going to listen to it a second time after lunch. I really didn't think anything would touch colors for me but this one is right there and could take it over for me.

I listened to it with decent earbuds. For me, I feel there are too many modern prog metal cliches on the album. Like the stupid interlude in Elite Exteremophile, or the rhythm section in the intro to Astral Body, to name a few things. Plus I think the main riff of Telos sounds a little much like Disease, Injury, Madness. Overall though it's still a really strong record and will be in my top 10 albums of the year, but it's not as great as Colors or Alaska in my mind.
    Skullycandy titans. They are 40 I believe. Maybe less now. Best I've ever used. Some people don't like skullycandy but I love mine.

• ...... Posts: 31,548 master of ceremonies
    Slap, do you think it's as good as/better than TGM or the EP?
    inb4lists
    I'd say it's about slightly better than those two releases. Greater than or equal to depending on my mood.
    The only spot I feel this cd lacks next to colors is it doesn't build into a song as much like what happens in white walls where you can feel the intensity growing and then it just explodes. Second run through coming up.
    Interesting, because the EP was soooo good.
    inb4lists

The only spot I feel this cd lacks next to colors is it doesn't build into a song as much like what happens in white walls where you can feel the intensity growing and then it just explodes.

The intro into (B) Decade Of Statues is pretty intense too.
    inb4lists
    Second time through. Slap stoopit. I don't think it's better than colors but it's right there with it. I think bloom stands out the most to me
    At this point I feel like BTBAM should take a break after they tour this album. I feel like Ive heard all they have to offer at this point
    I want slap dead
    I just want what's best for 'em. They're one of my favorite bands so I don't want them to be releasing material that sounds like a cliche of the bands earlier work.
  • 1D_for_life1D_for_life Posts: 13,785 destroyer of motherfuckers

The only spot I feel this cd lacks next to colors is it doesn't build into a song as much like what happens in white walls where you can feel the intensity growing and then it just explodes. Second run through coming up.

White Walls :x
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,281 mod

^Elitist

Take your own advice...

• MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,705 spicy boy
    I even like the first Parallax more then Colors :-S
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy

New BTBAM is pretty good, but it don't touch Colors or Alaska IMO.

This.
    Alaska still reigns supreme for me.
    I love winning with women
    To each his own