Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Indefinite detention of US citizens without charge or trial is now a reality

Comments

• laurjohn2laurjohn2 Posts: 6,951 balls deep
    our health care system was 10000000000 times better, at least here in mass, before the government got involved

all i have to say is i am close to losing my house, because i have so much money going to pay medical bills. if my insurance remained unchanged for 6 years ago, i wouldn't be so fucked now
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    medical care should be a part of our gov't coverage just the same as police protection. if you guys saw on a daily basis what happens with medical debt the way i do, you'd understand. the government ends up paying for it anyways, and if they don't the insurance companies reem their customers. healthcare should never be for-profit unless it's cosmetic.
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    healthcare should never be for-profit unless it's cosmetic.
    I agree to like 99%. I do feel like there should be financial reward to doctors for being good. Not just anyone can do that shit, so they should be in line to be paid for their hard work and schooling. I'm totally fine with doctors making a million dollars a year. But it's the insurance companies sucking us dry that is fucking things up. Medical insurance needs to be done away with.

The thing is there is a reasonable thing to do here. Medical care can be affordable, doctors can make good money, and everyone can be covered without this bleeding us dry. I dont know exactly how to get there but I know a lot of other countries are there. We just need to understand how some of the successful countries do it, and copy what they did.
    i just see how much medical debt is written off or discharged via bankruptcy on a consistant basis. i'd say about 40% of our clients come to us because they've had some sort of medical catastrophe that destroyed their financial well-being. i wrote a case about 6 months ago for a guy that was a student working as a waiter that got a brain tumor (that they suspected was a result of him living near an electric tower most of his life). his wife left him during treatment and he lost his house. his medical bills were over $400k. the government will end up picking up the tab on this because of the loss suffered by the hospital, doctors, etc. which they will file in their taxes and recieve tax relief for. so...the gov't already pays for all this medical care and has for years. you might as well set up a system that makes it orderly.
    in 2011, i paid out over $8K in medical bills / payments after medical insurance. i still owe over $10K. The birth of my second son is only about $3K of that, the rest is just general appointment, with one emergency room visit. my medical insurance costs me about $500 a month.

In 2005, the birth of my first son cost me a $250 copayment, same hospital, with 3 weeks in the NICU
    in 2011, i paid out over $8K in medical bills / payments after medical insurance. i still owe over $10K. The birth of my second son is only about $3K of that, the rest is just general appointment, with one emergency room visit. my medical insurance costs me about $500 a month.

In 2005, the birth of my first son cost me a $250 copayment, same hospital, with 3 weeks in the NICU
    and whats your theory as to the price increase or the solution?

and whats your theory as to the price increase or the solution?
    Started with Romney / Kennedy getting together to regulate health insurance statewide, to give the people on wellfare free insurance. Insurance companies took a big hit and pushed it onto employers plans. Obamacare is based on "Kennedy's dream insurance", so its now country-wide, just started sooner in mass
    And you are going to vote for Romney?
    And you are going to vote for Romney?
    hell no!

Oh good. I saw your anti-obama stance so I figured you'd vote Republican. Romney will likely be the R candidate.
    the problem with what they've done is having the mandate to begin with instead of the public option. now, the ball is completely in the insurance company's court. the dems allowed this to happen on purpose so they can go back in a few years and be like "well, we did it the republican way and it just made everything worse. now, can we have our public option?"
    Oh good. I saw your anti-obama stance so I figured you'd vote Republican. Romney will likely be the R candidate.
    i hate both parties and understand that the 2 party system is what killed our country. i am routing for ron paul to take the republican nomination. if it ends up being obama vs romney with no good independant running, i will probably blow off voting this time. i can't get myself to vote for either one of them
    i hate both parties and understand that the 2 party system is what killed our country. i am routing for ron paul to take the republican nomination. if it ends up being obama vs romney with no good independant running, i will probably blow off voting this time. i can't get myself to vote for either one of them
    =D>
  • AbbadonAbbadon Posts: 1,990 juggalo
    It isn't for your average American citizen. This is for dangerous people and terrorists.
    but this bill opens a pandora's box of scary shit that they will be able to do if you got a more nefarious regime in office like the bush-cheney crowd. putting this on top of the patriot act can be really dangerous. big brother is coming!
    Who exactly is a terrorist and who is dangerous and who gets to decide? This is my problem with it. The occupy people have been called dangerous and some things are considered terroristic that they have done, should they be put away possibly forever. Watch the last scene in red state it explains it pretty well.
  • ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep

So instead of actually fixing the fucking problem like he promised he'd do, he made it god damn worse by mandating that everyone MUST buy private insurance. So It's not only middle class that needs to be fucked by the system, but now poor people must buy into being scammed too. It pisses me off to no end....

that isn't true. research it properly.

oh and nice job ignoring all the other nice things he got added into healthcare, such as children being able to stay on their parents insurance until they're 26 without having to worry about being a full time student or living with them.
    i got to take advantage of that, lol

hey look, it's a republican crying as usual

I wonder what will end up happening first. WWIII or citizens vs government

The republican answer to this would be get a better job
  • Razor_SharkRazor_Shark Posts: 12,604 balls deep
    No... put in prison for starting an illegal war that brought about the death of 618,000 Americans. Not only starting an illegal war but instituting slavery for the poor to fight in this war. Also rounding up reporters that were speaking out against his illegal actions and having them disappear.... Lincoln is no American hero. He's closer to being one of the most notorious serial killers that ever lived.
    i find it disgusting he has a monument in the capital and hes treated as the best president we've had when hes by and far the worst
    I actually agree with you, in the end his impact ended up being positive though, and that is why he is seen as this god amongst men, I think they should take down his monument and put one up of Martin Luther King though, at least build something for someone who wanted equal rights and hated the idea of oppression for anyone. Lincoln was an admitted racist and slave owner.
    Ben Franklin should have a monument instead of lincoln
  • Razor_SharkRazor_Shark Posts: 12,604 balls deep
    Ben Franklin should have a monument instead of lincoln
    That is even better
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,593 spicy boy

So instead of actually fixing the fucking problem like he promised he'd do, he made it god damn worse by mandating that everyone MUST buy private insurance. So It's not only middle class that needs to be fucked by the system, but now poor people must buy into being scammed too. It pisses me off to no end....

that isn't true. research it properly.

oh and nice job ignoring all the other nice things he got added into healthcare, such as children being able to stay on their parents insurance until they're 26 without having to worry about being a full time student or living with them.
    im sorry dayna....but you haven't done your research if you think that obamacare works