Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Indefinite detention of US citizens without charge or trial is now a reality

Comments

• laurjohn2laurjohn2 Posts: 6,951 balls deep
    A carrot > Obama
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    It isn't for your average American citizen. This is for dangerous people and terrorists.
    but this bill opens a pandora's box of scary shit that they will be able to do if you got a more nefarious regime in office like the bush-cheney crowd. putting this on top of the patriot act can be really dangerous. big brother is coming!
    I understand that, and that is why the president openly acknowledged this and admitted he had to think about on it for a while. This administration is nothing like the Bush administration. I think we're good.
    but...obama's administration will not be there in 20 years. this law will
  • ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
    edited January 2012
    A carrot > Obama
    obama's administration will not be there in 20 years
    thank god!
    thank god!
    if you think obama's the worst we've had you really are a complete moron
    thank god!
    if you think obama has done a good job you really are a complete moron
  • Bottle_TreeBottle_Tree Posts: 7,166 just the tip
    It isn't for your average American citizen. This is for dangerous people and terrorists.
    but this bill opens a pandora's box of scary shit that they will be able to do if you got a more nefarious regime in office like the bush-cheney crowd. putting this on top of the patriot act can be really dangerous. big brother is coming!
    I understand that, and that is why the president openly acknowledged this and admitted he had to think about on it for a while. This administration is nothing like the Bush administration. I think we're good.
    but...obama's administration will not be there in 20 years. this law will
    Ah, you got a good point there.

As I said earlier I'm opposed to this bill, I'm just trying to understand why he chose to pass it.
    thank god!
    i've never said Obama was good but you're fucking retarded to think hes the worst president ever
    thank god!
    i've never said Obama was good but you're fucking retarded to think hes the worst president ever
    i can only go by Presidents that i have seen in my lifetime, figuring history books and news never tells the whole story. that being said, Obama is the second worst President in my lifetime, worst being Gerald Ford.
  • TheDevilsDreadsTheDevilsDreads Posts: 1,625 just the tip
    Lincoln didn't free the slaves. He just made everyone more equally enslaved.
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    :)) I like that. did you make that up on your own or are you borring it from somewhere?
  • TheDevilsDreadsTheDevilsDreads Posts: 1,625 just the tip
    One of my friends said it to me one night. That's as far as my knowledge on the phrase goes. I googled it and nothing.
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,593 spicy boy
    ^so..... Lincoln flat out suspended Habitues Corpus And then gave orders to go and round up thousands and thousands of news reporters because they were writing unfavorable articles against Lincolns illegal invasion of the south. Oh and when the Supreme Court issued a ruling that it was unconstitutional for Lincoln to suspend Habitues Corpus and ordered one of these reporters to be brought before the court, Lincoln told the Supreme Court to go fuck themselves.
    big surprise...presidents don't exactly have a reputation of following the constitution

• FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Mind your own business. Canadian bastard.
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,661 master of ceremonies
    shes a marxist! Burn her!
    ^so..... Lincoln flat out suspended Habitues Corpus And then gave orders to go and round up thousands and thousands of news reporters because they were writing unfavorable articles against Lincolns illegal invasion of the south. Oh and when the Supreme Court issued a ruling that it was unconstitutional for Lincoln to suspend Habitues Corpus and ordered one of these reporters to be brought before the court, Lincoln told the Supreme Court to go fuck themselves.
    big surprise...presidents don't exactly have a reputation of following the constitution

They did a pretty good job of it before Lincoln. He set a precedent for wiping your ass on it.
    Photobucket
    I really hate this picture, because it distracts from what the rel issue is. Everyone who has any sort of compassion would agree that the pre-existing clause was the only piece of beneficial legislation from that. I'm happy she could afford insurance.

But the real fucking problem here is he said he was going to do healthcare reform, because our healthcare system is completely fucked up. Medical care in this country is exponentially more then another other place in the world. You could have no insurance in Japan and an operation there would cost you LESS then what it would cost you here in the USA WITH insurance! Ie... your insurance copay will cost more here then the whole procedure in Japan without insurance. It's FUCKED. And a big part of the problem IS insurance companies and the whole legal system involved with medicine. So instead of actually fixing the fucking problem like he promised he'd do, he made it god damn worse by mandating that everyone MUST buy private insurance. So It's not only middle class that needs to be fucked by the system, but now poor people must buy into being scammed too. It pisses me off to no end....

However the pre-existing clause was good. just doesnt make up for the fact that he didnt do a damn thing to actually fix the problem, he just made it worse.