Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

TOOL\APC

Comments

• SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    i went through and edited all tool songs that are split up/have intros into one mp3. that way when i have the ipod on random it doesn't play just one or the other
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    Page 4 my cornhole.

Been watching this video. Maynard apparently spoke at our Centennial back in February. I knew the basic story behind Aenima and his choice to live here, but he goes into detail about it and other things. I thought he was going to cry for a second there. This is a must-watch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rxcwb5g27Nw
    I love winning with women
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,592 spicy boy
    that was awesome man...its not very often you get to here him speak in a personal way
  • lokisrevengelokisrevenge Posts: 275 just the tip
    what we call the "harvest" the carrots call the HOLOCAUST !!!!!
    I saw them shortly after 9/11......EERIE
    http://youtu.be/kOvwc8_QXiY
    At Mellon arena which aint nuthin but a parking lot now
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    SATAN said:

i went through and edited all tool songs that are split up/have intros into one mp3. that way when i have the ipod on random it doesn't play just one or the other

=D>

I might have to do that
    rexum420 said:

that was awesome man...its not very often you get to here him speak in a personal way

Yeah, I wish I could have known when and where this was going on, although I'm assuming it was an invite-only thing. Perhaps not. But yea, it's amazing to hear him speak from his heart like that. And you can tell how nervous he was. Seeing that in a guy who imo writes the best lyrics of anyone I've listened to, and seems to have no nervousness while on stage.... that was incredible.

Semi-side note, I thought he'd only lived here for a few years, but now that I think about it, it makes sense. 10,000 had what I considered/heard as an UNDENIABLE desert vibe to it (I'm sort of thinking out loud and connecting the dots here, sorry lol). Now that I realize that, it makes tons of sense to me why 10,000 is not only my favorite album of theirs, but my idea of a perfect album... because I can connect to it. I didn't know he was so attached to this place.

I hope I can say hello and thank him some day. As much as I would love a full conversation, I know that's not really his thing (music talk wise). I really just want to thank him.

@downnola, you met him at Whole Foods or something, right? Or was that Anselmo?
    i would love to be able to just thank him for tool man...shit has helped me threw some tough shit
    It's funny that you say that, because knowing the impact Tool has on me now (even though I'm not going through nearly as difficult of times as I was years ago), makes me wonder the impact appreciating Tool back in high school would have had on me then. Although, I was amazed by Manson's lyrics back then, so Tool probably would have gone right over my head lol.

Although Vicarious became one of my favorite songs when it was released. I just never explored any of their other material, let alone 10,000.
    I turn to tool a lot when im really depressed idk what it is but his way of explaining his suffering and then breaking threw to new levels always makes me feel better and gets me on a track of i need to figure out how to move forward rather then being stuck on the negative
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy
    i love tool! i always listen to em when i'm down and they pick me right up!
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy
    ugh i can't wait until next year to see tool :(
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,661 master of ceremonies
    Alex said:

Alex said:

rexum420 said:

@downnola, you met him at Whole Foods or something, right? Or was that Anselmo?
    Naw that was Maynard. He did a wine tour with his partner Eric Glomski. Was lucky enough that it came here ^:)^
    I just thought of something...

My dad's company, Dow AgroSciences, manages agriculture control for a fair portion of locations throughout southern CA, NV, NM, and mainly AZ. He goes to northern AZ a lot for management meetings for places of significance in the area. I wonder if they do anything with Merkin :-?

I doubt it because I assume Maynard has his own thing going, but I'll look into it.
    In fact, I SERIOUSLY doubt it, but I'll have to check with my dad when I talk with him next. He's in one of the highest positions in the company, so he keeps track of every single place they work with.
    Good read \m/
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,526 moneytalker
    edited September 2012
    I'm amazed at how technical everything is. I know I probably shouldnt be, I know there is a lot more than just hitting record and playing, but to get an inside look at what actually goes into the process to do is always cool, even if half of it just goes right over my head. I'm not that much of an audiophile, but I'm glad people like that are.
    Pass the god damn butter.
    Yeah most of the terms were just a
    for me, but it's incredible what they tweak with in order to get the sound they want.