Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

TOOL\APC

Comments

• SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    Tool is also a more specific band live. Like...they need to be in the dark. I saw them 3 times in sunshine, once with them trying to run their light show in it and it just didn't work that well. Pantera could rage at 8 in the morning and I'm in the pit having a blast
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    NolaMetal said:

lolno no way metallica is better than tool...fuck that shit

at the gates i hope your joking cuz that is just plain stupid
    pantera its hard to say... they could be better than tool live but its a completely different type of concert

We are talking concerts here. And for going to a concert that is legendary and you are going to have a mind blowing amazing time.... Yes All three are better in their prime then tool in their prime from a concert only perspective.

Metallica now verses Tool now? No question. Metallica is awful live now and ever since James sobered up. But back in 89? Forget about it.

I went to At The Gates reunion tour in 2008ish and it was single handly the greatest concert I've ever been too. The show was sold out and people were offering ridiculous money to get in. Inside the venue you had only die hard fans who had been waiting 15 years for this show to happen.... and the band ate it up. Really the greatest concert ever

Pantera at it's prime in concerts was more extreme than any band before them and no band after them will ever be able to top what they did. In todays world you just can't do the shit they did. Shit like at an all ages show filled with bunch of 16 year olds... he is tossing beers to the crowd and having chicks strip on stage.... Plus the brutality of the pits and the music? It just can't ever be topped.
    dood there is no way atg is better than tool live, you just saw a show that was rare and so people were a little more pumped up for it..and i love shows where everyone is pumped up and i bet it was a good time..but if you ask me would i rather see atg on a sold out history in the making concert or tool for the third time i wouldnt even have to think about it, im seeing tool

oh and fuck metallica
    and btw i didnt even say tool was the best live band, i said they were prob my fav band ive ever seen live
  • MenAreTrashMenAreTrash Posts: 27,667 spicy boy
    This argument is stupid. What makes a good show is completely subjective and changes from band to band.
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    NolaMetal said:

dbut if you ask me would i rather see atg on a sold out history in the making concert or tool for the third time i wouldnt even have to think about it, im seeing tool

If that happened and call you a fag and make fun of you
    go for it, it wouldnt even phase me cuz id be going to see tool again!

and what was that a page or two ago about leaked dates..anymore info on that?
    brennan im looking in your direction
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,592 spicy boy
    The only band i would see myself enjoying as much as TOOL would be pantera... but i wont ever be able to. That being said Tool has been a more amazing time then the last every time i see them. Its not often you go to a show and the entire crowd is so extremely into it, singing every lyric along with maynard, dancing, screaming...its like one big party where everyone loves each other and everyone gets along....i wish i would have been old enough to know who they were in the mid 90's....iv seen just about every good footage they have and while there shows are not as intense as far as the crowd being in seats and maynard being in back...but the band is the same...they sound the same...and maynard i think chooses to not sing the songs that are harder on his voice sounds pretty much the same. Its hard to find a band that stays that good that long live. I would choose seeing TOOL over any band that is alive today
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies

This argument is stupid. What makes a good show is completely subjective and changes from band to band.

+1
    I would have to argue that 80% of what makes a show good is not subjective...what makes a show good is A: the sound...the better the mix is the better the experience is going to be. B: the bands ability to play there music the way it sounds on album...some bands play it perfect and sound even better on album...some bands are terrible at this. Also the rehearsal of the band is very important. Its awesome when you can see a show and it goes on without any stupid interruptions.
  • MenAreTrashMenAreTrash Posts: 27,667 spicy boy
    Okay, I'll give you that, but with touring bands things like that are to go without saying, minus sound because that's on the venue. But I'm talking how the bands performs and the crowd reaction. For example, I don't mind when a band goes on stage, plays their show, then gets off stage, but other people want more interaction and such. Some people want an energetic show and moshing and other want something less chaotic, depending on the band. Like, I don't mind people going nuts during DEP, but I think it's dumb during a band like Sleep. So we'll put it this way:

What makes a good performance is completely subjective and changes from band to band
    I do not believe the sound is on the venue....Its on the people the band has mixing...Iv been to a lot of places where people said the sound was bad...some times it sucks sometimes its great. with the smaller acts i can see what your saying cause they probably use mostly the places PA tho.

I get what your saying tho
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    What makes a good performance is completely subjective and changes from band to band
    Yup

I saw Tom Petty in '96 or '97 with my mom for her birthday and there were people trying to mosh and crowd surf that pretty much ruined the show. It had nothing to do with him, but I'd never call that a great show and unfortunately that's the only time I've seen him live.
  • GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    I've given up trying to pick what bands are the best I've seen live. It used to be after a show I'd say "That was top 5 for sure." But after saying that about 50 times, it kind of holds no weight.
    image Photobucket
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    I am just a worthless liar, I am just an imbEcile
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
    i will only complicate you
  • GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    The dark side is pulling on Ape.
    image Photobucket
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    :-??
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!