Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

TOOL\APC

Comments

• Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,592 spicy boy
    i wouldn't say that...the last time i saw them i couldn't even see the visuals and it was still one of the best shows i have seen....Adam has always played with that sort of calm about him even back when maynard was up front
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    SATAN said:

Last time I saw them, Adam jones could've slept through their set. Maynard's whole "I'm lurking in the background" act is old now. I miss him being a real FRONTman

IMO, they just rely on the cool visuals now

This is spot on and exactly how I feel. It's Lateralus that changed things for them. They became so much more progressive with that album and moved away from the rock element they had on the previous two albums. Now don't get me wrong, love Lateralus and 10,000 days probably more then I do Anemia and Undertow, but after about 2001 they did transition from putting on a great rock concert to just putting shitty visuals all over the place. Sure those visuals might be cool if you are trippin on acid, but for someone who isn't I'd rather have a performance.
    Well IMO Lateralus is Just as heavy as anything they have made

it is a great show that isn't just about the visuals IMO...there music is extremely technical and seeing them play it flawless is a great show. They sound spot on to album even after all these years.
    I aint arguing that they play flawless live.... Although I wonder how you actually saw them play it. Did you have night vision goggles or something? Because the last two times I saw them they had the stage completely blacked out so people could see their visuals better. I was pissed because I couldnt see the stage at all. For all I knew they just had the album playing on a CD player and have some stand in musicians playing air guitar for them.
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    That sounds like a great time! Not being able to actually see the band play that you paid for. Hell yeah
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!

That sounds like a great time! Not being able to actually see the band play that you paid for. Hell yeah

That's their show. They dont want to take anything away from the visuals they are displaying on the sides of the stage.

I aint arguing that they play flawless live.... Although I wonder how you actually saw them play it. Did you have night vision goggles or something? Because the last two times I saw them they had the stage completely blacked out so people could see their visuals better. I was pissed because I couldnt see the stage at all. For all I knew they just had the album playing on a CD player and have some stand in musicians playing air guitar for them.

:-? hmmm i don't remember the stage ever being blacked out....the last 2 times i saw them tho i sat directly on the side of the stage on justins side....great views of him and danny jamming
    Perhaps it was just Sacramento's venue? I saw other shows there that didnt do that so I assumed that was what Tool was doing these days. When I saw them in seattle in the 90's they didnt do that.
    i wish i could have seen them in the 90's....but yeah next time they tour you should go see them and sit directly to the right of the stage as close as you can get....its my favorite view of the band...i love watching danny drum
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,661 master of ceremonies

lolwut? Maynard must not like the city you live in or something. Every time they roll through here you can see the stage great. You can see them all playing and spot lights are even on Adam and Justin when they play. I always love watching Carey drum :x
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,721 mod
    I could see the band just fine when I saw them in Toledo earlier this year....and I was towards the back of the venue. :-??
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    Tool is prob the best live band ive ever seen period..theyre just incredible.. i think the two times seeing tool could have been the two happiest times in my life..im not even joking
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    lmao
    I love winning with women
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,661 master of ceremonies
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    Definitely hippies
    NolaMetal said:

Tool is prob the best live band ive ever seen period..theyre just incredible.. i think the two times seeing tool could have been the two happiest times in my life..im not even joking

No.... not even close. Pantera, and At The Gates are both 1000 times better in concert then Tool. 80's-mid 90's metallica is also much better than tool will ever be in concert.
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    It doesn't count if you're high Nola
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    lolno no way metallica is better than tool...fuck that shit

at the gates i hope your joking cuz that is just plain stupid
    pantera its hard to say... they could be better than tool live but its a completely different type of concert
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    Pantera and tool are apples and oranges, but if it had a gun to my head I'd say pantera was better in their prime. The 92-96 pantera shows were legendary. The last couple of times I saw them in 2000 were meh. Tool has been a little more consistent, but not many bands experience the peak that was mid 90s pantera