Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The Never-Ending Debate Over Women in Metal and Hard Rock

Comments

• BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I feel bad for girls who get into metal because they will always be considered "female" guitarists/vocalists/etc rather than just guitarists/vocalists/etc. While I'm sure some enjoy the positive attention they get from male metalheads, it's kind of a bummer. I'm sure they know what they're getting into though, so they have to deal with it.

Grace Perry is a killer vocalist and is a better performer live than a lot of male vocalists, but she still gets that "that bands awesome, cuz the chick is hot" label, and every fucking person has to get a pic with her. I also feel bad for the band because they write awesome music but get foreshadowed by the "hot singer". Whatever, I guess. Grace Perry and Katherine Katz > most dudes.
    The one band I can think of that isn't preceded by their female musician is Electric Wizard. I knew they were a damn good band before I knew they had a girl guitar player.
    The same thing happened with me for Haemorrhage
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
  • Bottle_TreeBottle_Tree Posts: 7,166 just the tip

feminists ruin everything X(
    I seriously doubt you understand what feminism is all about.
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    hey... new shit is happening to the site. look I can do shit like this and shit like this and even more shit like this or even this
  • KridesBrideBrittKridesBrideBritt Posts: 25,781 jayfacer
    edited November 2011
    :))
    kristianPhotobucketPhotobucket Trephination-Tuesday Nights/Wednesday Mornings...11pm-1am- http://wrsu.rutgers.edu/listen.html
  • SkullAndCrossbonesSkullAndCrossbones Posts: 16,452 destroyer of motherfuckers
    :))
    "That's another thing I love about metal, it's so fuckin' huge yet certain people don't even know it exists." - Rob Zombie
    Seeing issues like that make me feel, as a female metalhead, somewhat not up to par. It plants a small seed of doubt of me becoming a musician because "I'm not hot enough" or whatever. I know that's somewhat weird, but issues like that...just. I can't read them. While I admire some women that are metalheads/metal musicians, I just can't support the objectification that goes on with those issues.
    Why are you wasting so much money on college if you are ultimately wanting to be a musician? Musicians is one of the few jobs that an education doesnt help you with.
    :)) Because I doubt I could make it.
    lets start a band! \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ **== **==
    "That's another thing I love about metal, it's so fuckin' huge yet certain people don't even know it exists." - Rob Zombie

feminists ruin everything X(
    I seriously doubt you understand what feminism is all about.
    i was just jokin' around
    Seeing issues like that make me feel, as a female metalhead, somewhat not up to par. It plants a small seed of doubt of me becoming a musician because "I'm not hot enough" or whatever. I know that's somewhat weird, but issues like that...just. I can't read them. While I admire some women that are metalheads/metal musicians, I just can't support the objectification that goes on with those issues.
    Why are you wasting so much money on college if you are ultimately wanting to be a musician? Musicians is one of the few jobs that an education doesnt help you with.
    Sorry Skully, you're just way too fugly to be in my band. Pretty people only.
    kristianPhotobucketPhotobucket Trephination-Tuesday Nights/Wednesday Mornings...11pm-1am- http://wrsu.rutgers.edu/listen.html
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I only start bands with people wearing crazy hats only.
    =((
    its ok though, i understand.
    >:D<
    [-(
    =;
    b-(
  • Razor_SharkRazor_Shark Posts: 12,604 balls deep
    Sorry Skully, you're just way too fugly to be in my band. Pretty people only.
    :@)
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    melt-banana rules
    melt-banana rules
    Fuck yeah! \m/
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
    :-/